Air Superiority Fighter Competition

As the shadow of war falls over Kerbin, the VAB and SPH have become prime targets because of their advanced building capabilities. Therefore, only a month into the war, hardly a day goes by without the sound of explosions being heard coming from the airspace over the KSC. But now, the KSC has begun building and testing new planes to defend their airspace, waiting for the day that they have a respectable fleet.Now they have commissioned you to design the top-notch air superiority fighter.

Rules

1. Any Mods allowed, just don't go too overboard. If possible, please use no more than 10 mods. Leave a list of mods if the link is not to KerbalX.

2. Any designs allowed, including SAS, RCS, helicopters and prop planes (firespitter, not stock), and large payloads of weapons. Keep in mind that more RCS, SAS, and Weapons affect performance. Also, part count max of 200. All craft will be flown by AI in combat.

3. Battles will start from a 15Km distance between the two teams and will be best out of three matches of 3v3, and a mutual final death in one match when both plabes are tied will result in a SUPER DEATHMATCH!!! SuperDM is 8v8. Will always try to post matchups. (Special thanks to @exbyde for the help in running these)

4. Weapons must be BDA only! Also must carry its own ammo, infinite ammo will not be enabled. Turrets, moving machine guns, cannons with a 360-degree firing arc, autocannons, and lasers are absolutely BANNED!!!!!

5. Only participants who have made it into the top 5 will receive the badge. (Once I make it, of course)

6. You can post an infinite amount of times, just please don't post a modified version of a plane that you have already posted without putting a Mk. x as an indicator.

7. Feel free to run your own contests with these planes, as testing against future competitors is useful for R&D.

8. The scoreboard will show the top 5 planes. When a new plane is submitted, it will have to work it's way against the current fighters on the list, from bottom to top. There will also be an honorable mentions list for best looking, heaviest payload, fastest speed (to island airfield and back), Best VTOL, and most maneuverable (can it get under the R&D sky bridge, and how fast can it go while doing so). I will post a notification when a new plane makes honorable mentions.

9. A plane will run up the Leaderboard once, so in a KOTH matchup style, but you can request an unofficial matchup with another fighter.

10. A link to a spreadsheet with the entire leaderboard, all the planes, their creators, the number of mods used to build them, if they've ever made an honorable mention category and which one, and the link to the download.

11. If there are any settings you want changed from default on the AI or weapons manager, leave them in the comment submitting that craft.

12. Tell your friends!

13. Have fun!

Afternote: If you are interested in one of these using FAR, check out @Mukita12's challenge below.

Top Five

Place Creator Craft Name # of Mods (excluding BDA)
1 @drtricky The Cool Ranch Dorito 0
2 @NotAnAimbot F-25 0
3 @Thor Wotansen Sangrigor Drone 0
4 @Thor Wotansen Bryntröll Interceptor 0
5 @53miner53 Fighter 3 Mk. 2 0

Honorable Mentions

Best Looking Heaviest Payload Fastest Speed Most Maneuverable Best VTOL
Creator @FleshJeb @drtricky @Eidahlil @Thor Wotansen  
Plane Name Thwop Thwop (helicopter) AB-17 Moses Monstron  Bryntröll Interceptor  
# of Mods 0 0 0 0  

Edited by HeroBrian_333

1 minute ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

What do you mean?

Also, it isn't done being set up yet. Just a base post to let people know about this contest.

you are not realise that your challenge is basically The same Challenge with the one that i rebooted with just different name and some changes

all so just saying

2 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

The difference is that this challenge doesn't require FAR, that is a fairly big difference.  Therefore I submit the Bryntröll interceptor and air superiority fighter.

mjWJ6Yj.png

KerbalX link

You are right. No FAR os a big difference.

9 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

you are not realise that your challenge is basically The same Challenge with the one that i rebooted with just different name and some changes

all so just saying

I am sorry, but im going to leve this challenge up. However, I will leave a link to your challenge in the rules so that my challenge does not react from yours. Also, planes on this challenge will have SAS allowed.

Just now, HeroBrian_333 said:

You are right. No FAR os a big difference.

I am sorry, but im going to leve this challenge up. However, I will leave a link to your challenge in the rules so that my challenge does not react from yours. Also, planes on this challenge will have SAS allowed.

ok sounds fine

2 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

ok sounds fine

Great! Good luck with your competition! I will submit a modified version of my EuroViper to your competition as soon as I get a chance. (Modified because it uses SAS and RCS in original form)

Hello everyone! Better explanation of rules and competition leaderboards should be up within 48 hours! Btw both craft so far are legal. Feel free to run your own tests against other fighters in this link, then post. Post as many times as you want, in fact! Will always be able to move your name up the leaderboards. Also looking for badge designs. If you can make them, please submit one! Best one gets the creator credited in the top post and becomes the official badge!

Edited by HeroBrian_333

Just a few suggestions, having two of each type of fighter makes for a slightly better comparison, as you occasionally get the freak mutual missile kill, or one AI pilot is having a bad day or whatever.  Also, setting the competition start distance a little closer makes for quicker action.  If you're having trouble getting everything set up before the fight, the Vessel Mover mod allows you to move and spawn in vessels without any fancy dickery.  nvm

Edited by Thor Wotansen

On 11/15/2017 at 4:45 AM, HeroBrian_333 said:

2. Any designs allowed, including SAS, RCS, helicopters, prop planes, and overdoses of weapons.

I hope you like monsters. Because this is how you get monsters. :D I approve. :D  Though setting a part limit might be good for your sanity's sake. :wink:

Here's a small monster of mine for the show :) (no lasers this time): http://kerbalx.com/juzeris/Monstron.craft

screenshot176.png

This is literally my first time messing around with BDA, so I made:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x57xspr94no3sf/Be Gentle.craft?dl=0

It ain't fancy, it ain't optimized, and it doesn't know if it's an F-16 or a Dassault Rafale.

I tweaked a few pilot settings and had Jeb and Val go at it. It works. Is there a set altitude for this competition? I know most of these have one.

I got some coaching, so please run this with BDA settings of Interval 5, Burst 5, Missles/Tgt 4, and AI settings of Default Alt 1500, Min Alt 500.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it's Stock.

JtG5uYC.png

Edited by FleshJeb
Settings

8 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

I hope you like monsters. Because this is how you get monsters. :D I approve. :D  Though setting a part limit might be good for your sanity's sake. :wink:

My sanity's sake? I went insane a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago (while trying to get a survey satellite into Minimus orbit)

Both new planes look good, and I'll march them up ASAP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.