Air Superiority Fighter Competition

56 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

how did you get DCK to work?

By installing DCK I would suspect ... Here's a link to the latest version of DCK - I added some Halo bubble shields and some covenant oval/round shields to go with the transparent/invisible aircraft armor: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/DCK/releases/download/v0.3.0.0/DCK.v0.3.0.0.-.Get.Behind.Me.update.zip

Download the Get Behind Me update, open the gamedata directory in the zip and copy DCKinc into your KSP gamedata but be sure to delete any previous versions before doing so ... There are 3 other directories in there which contain the mm patch and textures for the corresponding mod named in the directory name - drop these into your gamedata to utilize DCK with these mods

For more in depth instructions if you are having issues, go to the DCK thread and read the OP ... If still having problems then post in the thread and I'll do my best to help you :)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

7 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

So at least I am not the only one up at the indecent hour of 2:00

School and actual life takes priority. If somebody abandons the challenge because you can't be on here 24/7, then that's their loss. That being said, I can run some 2v2's for you if you want. My computer's pretty bad tho, so 3v3's and other larger battles will unfortunately not be an option :(

Just now, Earthlinger said:

School and actual life takes priority. If somebody abandons the challenge because you can't be on here 24/7, then that's their loss. That being said, I can run some 2v2's for you if you want. My computer's pretty bad tho, so 3v3's and other larger battles will unfortunately not be an option :(

sure

5 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

New plane:

screenshot716

42 parts. 6 x AMRAAM missiles, 2 GAU-8 cannons

I also made a heavy version with an additional 4 x 50 cal turrets and better radar. Will post links soon

That looks good! If I could give you a tip, the straight wings don’t lend themselves very well to supersonic flight, I’d recommend replacing them with triangular ones. (Also, those poor canards!)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

8 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

That looks good! If I could give you a tip, the straight wings don’t lend themselves very well to supersonic flight, I’d recommend replacing them with triangular ones. (Also, those poor canards!)

I always hear people complain about canards lol :D What's wrong with them?

3 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I always hear people complain about canards lol :D What's wrong with them?

I love canards! They look good and they make planes turn faster.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, dundun93 said:

@HeroBrian_333, don't make a thread if you know you are not going to have time to do any dogfights in it. All you've done is waste a great name for a dogfight thread.

Come on man He's busy.

I mean come on look at My FAR version I don't often create Dogfight or even when it does I usually Leave it there

and yes Forgive my Bloody grammar

13 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

Come on man He's busy.

I mean come on look at My FAR version I don't often create Dogfight or even when it does I usually Leave it there

and yes Forgive my Bloody grammar

He should have never created this thread  if he was sooooooo busy!

39 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Canards are good, just it looks like the GUA-8s lacerate them every time they fire. :D

Nah, they shoot through them. No self-inflicted damage :D

I think..

58 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

He should have never created this thread  if he was sooooooo busy!

Hey, I'm too busy to run battles too, and I made a thread for naval battles. @HeroBrian_333 isn't obliged to host every single dogfight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.