Air Superiority Fighter Competition

And for our next challenge, we put @loki130's pachy, the aircraft that wins in losing, against the Sanngrior, a micro drone. Who will win?

In the first round, the Pachys cockpits get released to chew up the enemy Sanns

In the next round, the Pachys get torn up by the Sann's guns, even in their miniature form

Third time isn't the charm, and the pachy is defeated by its unpredictability.

The pachy will continue on as our #5 aircraft, though due to inconsistency with its dual-plane system, we reserve the right to have it fight against the previous 5th place Taisch if it proves to be unpredictable.

20 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

well gon git gud then

go for it!

7 hours ago, exbyde said:

On the third battle, for all the marbles...the taisch goof big, unlocking the full potential of not one but TWO of the pachys.

SORCERY!

But actually

That was very surprising. Wow. Lol I actually gaped

If you want some advice, here are some little things you'd want to do to greatly improve performance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Place your fuel, engines, and weapons closer to the center of the craft. It will increase the sensitivity of the roll axis and reduces wing loading as well.
2) Extend your fuselage along the x-axis (length). That way, the tailplanes will have a longer lever arm to pitch the craft.
3) If possible, you may also place your jet engine in the middle. That pushes the CoM closer to the nose, which also increases pitch rate.
4) You may place a Wheesely in reverse thrust on the nose. Not only will it increase power, but will also pull the CoM towards the nose.
5) If your CoL is on top of the CoM, you may experience relaxed stability, in which you have to apply negative trim to keep the nose on the horizon. It can also help with turn rate, so long as you don't go overboard with thrust vectoring.
6) Finally, if you've got a lot of drag to spare, you may add more wing boards in the wings. It reduces alpha during turns and improves turn rate and radius.

4 minutes ago, l0kki said:

@exbyde will the G2 enter testing anytime soon?

G2 has entered testing, won against pachy, still fighting Sanngrior.

@53miner53 @l0kki @MrChumley @Mukita12 @Eidahlil, Sorry, this is exam season, so i won't be on as much as i was last week until the 16th. We may also be looking at a change of format soonish, stay tuned.

Edited by exbyde

Alright, and so for the first of the two battle i have recorded, we have @l0kki's wunderwaffle III AUSF G.2 up against @loki130's Pachy (you know it's going to be good when all the thumbnails are explosions

Pachy loses its 5th place spot, with the Wunderwaffle becoming our new 5th place roster!

And in our second battle today, we have @l0kki's Wunderwaffle G.2 up against the Sanngrior, the ultra-maneuverable drone.

The sanngrior beats out the waffle in a 3-round match, meaning the Wunderwaffle stays at 5th place to greet aspiring board rank aircraft.

Edited by exbyde

38 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Alright, and so for the first of the two battle i have recorded, we have @l0kki's wunderwaffle III AUSF G.2 up against @loki130's Pachy (you know it's going to be good when all the thumbnails are explosions

Pachy loses its 5th place spot, with the Wunderwaffle becoming our new 5th place roster!

Was there more than those battles since i lost 2/3 of those?

Edited by l0kki

10 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Oh...well nevermind then. I thought you won the first one for some reason

kek

btw you seemed to forget to edit the guard mode to 2 missiles per target

Edited by l0kki

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.