Air Superiority Fighter Competition

31 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Not of the meme, the I'm evil one.

You mean where it just said "i'm evil with my crud" because i hit send early because i am both on a phone and at work?

Edited by exbyde

1 hour ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Real close, @[INDO]dimas_1502 was hiding this in a spoiler for...reasons. 

https://kerbalx.com/dimas_1502/KAI--PTDI-KF-XIF-X-reposted

Either way, thanks!

Edited by exbyde

16 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Better to make sure it is good now than to have to adapt it later. However, if you insist on seeing a plane of mine, I'll submit the ASP J-23 EuroViper tomorrow (or next time I'm on my pc).

I'm not insisting anything, i'm certainly not telling you to give me more shtuff to do, i'm just saying i keep hearing all this good stuff about this euroviper, and some massive block of size 72 text a few pages back saying this was going to do destroy and i haven't seen anything.

Alright, and for the first battle of the night, ladies and gentlemen, we take you to Valhalla, to fight a battle that should have been fought long ago: Sanngrior vs Bertroll. Both of these aircraft were on the original top 5 list when it first came out, both are very maneuverable and both have very high performance, but which one is better?

In the end, the Sanngrior came out on top for a few reasons. First, the sanngrior is so small that it doesn't show up on radars until 9k out, effectively cutting half of the missile gap away. Second, it's very small, and takes precision missiles/gun work to knock down. Third, it's very maneuverable, moreso than even the Bertroll. This means that new contenders for the No. 4 position will now face off against the Bertroll first instead of the Sanngrior.

1 minute ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Yeah, figured that when Sanngrigor shredded EuroViper but Bryntröll traded kills. Also EuroViper is a larger plane that has decent maneuverability for its size, but mainly relies on its 10 missile payload.

will be right at home with Fighter 3, which spams missiles like a college grad with resumes.

Just noticed the name of the battle videos. Did you take that from me?

Also, the EuroViper is DEAD if it can't get a Radar lock from 10 klicks out. Any small, maneuverable, and fast plane can beat it easily. Also, I used so mk. 2 parts, so that doesn't help.

1 hour ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Just noticed the name of the battle videos. Did you take that from me?

nah m8, might have stolen it from me, i used it the first time someone challenged the Sanngrior for the #2 slot

1 hour ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Also, I like the idea of a launch trolley on the dronbast @Mukita12. Reduces overall aircraft weight.

Dronblast is @Eidahlil's design, if i'm not mistaken

Alright kiddies, its time for some fighting. In our first match, we have @53miner53's Fighter 3, a delta dagger/delta dart design with a thing for missiles. And on the other side, we have @Mukita12's CL-5. The CL-5 is powered by a single Panther, unlike Fighter 3's 4 merged panthers, but carries an insane compliment of 12 missiles, followed by a pair of Browning m2s with a staggering 3600rds of ammunition (3 minutes fire time per gun!). So who will win?

yeah...Good fighter, bad armament. The CL-5 either needed the same aggressive missile firing the Fighter 3 had, or less than half of the missiles and a better gun system. The armament on this aircraft was built for a brawl that it couldn't win, probably in part due to its heavy (over 2 tons) armament

Edited by exbyde

15 minutes ago, l0kki said:

@exbyde i seem to be never able to win äää

Sorry, this is what happens, the roster changes, what was good yesterday is not as good today. In particular, Fighter 3 is great at putting other aircraft on defense because missile spam and radar, which throws more maneuverable aircraft into disarray, and the f3 sweeps. The f3 itself would probably get further if it was more maneuverable, but the delta dagger/delta dart design lends itself more to high speeds and efficiency than it does maneuverability, part of the reason why you see modern deltas as a canard (Eurofighter Typhoon, JAS-39, JAS-37) and also with steeper angled wings. 

Edited by exbyde

2 hours ago, exbyde said:

Sorry, this is what happens, the roster changes, what was good yesterday is not as good today. In particular, Fighter 3 is great at putting other aircraft on defense because missile spam and radar, which throws more maneuverable aircraft into disarray, and the f3 sweeps. The f3 itself would probably get further if it was more maneuverable, but the delta dagger/delta dart design lends itself more to high speeds and efficiency than it does maneuverability, part of the reason why you see modern deltas as a canard (Eurofighter Typhoon, JAS-39, JAS-37) and also with steeper angled wings. 

if i could access ksp right now i would submit the loveing WunderWaffel 262 and win by going 1400m/s

1 minute ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

No, max AI speed available is 800 m/s

ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

51 minutes ago, l0kki said:

ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

800m/s means you'd cover the 15km missile gap in 20 seconds. Given the average fighter crosses the missile gap over 200m/s that would still bring things down to 15s.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.