Air Superiority Fighter Competition

Well, i said sunday was going to be the big day for combat. Well

6PlRXhI.gif

For our first (official) battle of the day, we have the KAI & PTDI KF-X/IF-X Redux from @[INDO]dimas_1502. Its a scale model of a joint project aircraft made in S. Korea, armed to the teeth and ready to fight. On the other side is the time-tested Fighter 3 MK2, the missile-slinging delta dagger. Who will win?

Thanks to the KAI's lack of maneuverability and lack of aggression with its armament, it gets taken out 1-6 by the F3.

5 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Noice :D

Just don't neglect your actual studies. Those are more important

Last exam was today. Need to work on a project in a couple hours, but otherwise the hard stuff is done.

Alright, for battle two, we have the lightweight aggressor, @NotAnAimbot's Novi Aero, a single-engine, high-performance fighter designed to take down everything. On the other side, we have the heavyweight missile sled, @53miner53's Fighter 3 mk2. Who will win? Who will lose?

In a stunning battle, the highly-aggressive Novi fighter steals the win and the #5 spot @HeroBrian_333

Battle three is here: In the left corner, we have @Thor Wotansen's Bryntroll defending its #4 spot. In the right, @NotAnAimbot's Novi Aero fighter. Both of these are lightweight , aggressive little beasts, but who will win?

In a stunning victory, the Bryntroll has been defeated, leaving the Novi in 4th place, and the Bryntroll, the original first place aircraft, as the plane to beat to enter the roster! @HeroBrian_333

Edited by exbyde

@[INDO]dimas_1502

Regarding the maneuverability of your planes (tips):

-First of all, MOH WINGS! Clip wings inside each other, if possible. About 3 main wings with a lift of 1.2 on each side of the plane should be good

-The center of mass should be very near the center of lift. They should be close to to the point of merging slightly, though not to the point of being on top of each other

-Take out most of the fuel in your plane. I noticed a lot of fuel tanks, but in a dogfight, they're useless. You're better off draining most of them so that each tank has about 10-25% of the full capacity. (Make sure to drain them evenly, so that the COM doesn't change drastically). Draining the fuel will make the plane faster and less sluggish

3 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

@[INDO]dimas_1502

Regarding the maneuverability of your planes (tips):

-First of all, MOH WINGS! Clip wings inside each other, if possible. About 3 main wings with a lift of 1.2 on each side of the plane should be good

-The center of mass should be very near the center of lift. They should be close to to the point of merging slightly, though not to the point of being on top of each other

-Take out most of the fuel in your plane. I noticed a lot of fuel tanks, but in a dogfight, they're useless. You're better off draining most of them so that each tank has about 10-25% of the full capacity. (Make sure to drain them evenly, so that the COM doesn't change drastically). Draining the fuel will make the plane faster and less sluggish

I believe he specifically modified his aircraft with a ballast tank (ore) for CG.

Alrighty, and for our next battle, we have the Sanngrior going up against @NotAnAimbot's Novi. The Novi has proved itself quite proficient in combat, but can it win out for the auto-jump to the #2 spot?

Indeed, the Novi continues its meteoric climb, making its way to the #2 spot previously vacated in the Turret debacle. So as it stands, our roster is:

@drtricky's Dorito

@NotAnAimbot's Novi Aero

@Thor Wotansen's Sanngrior drone

@Thor Wotansen's Bryntroll

@53miner53's Fighter 3

And for the final battle for the Novi, the battle with our current #1, DrTricky's Dorito. The dorito is the only aircraft to earn its spot from a turreted aircraft, but can it defeat the novi?

As we see in Battle two and three, the Novi's choice of an all-infrared missile compliment is its undoing, as it shoots down its own aircraft in an already difficult battle. The Dorito keeps its crown, as the Novi settles in at the No. 2 slot.

And for our next battle of the day: i believe it's @MiffedStarfish's Messor f-42 up against the long-time missile spamming champion, @53miner53 F3Mk2. From the looks of things, the Messor is also a missile spamming fighter. But with two fewer engines, can the Messor outspam the F3?

In this case, the optionally manned F-42d is outfoxed by the F3 and its superior maneuvering/missiles

also @miffedstarfish is your name supposed to be translated to australian?

Edited by exbyde

And for my last battle for the day: we have @HeroBrian_333's Eurodart concept drone against @53miner53's F3mk2.

In this case, the F3 comes out ahead, owing to superior maneuverability and gun handling, though a few gun kills never hurt.

17 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ah well. I still need to make AI tweaks. 

The name is Latin for “reaper”.

Oh, no i meant because miffedstarfish loosely translates to annoyed anus.

Edited by exbyde

10 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@exbyde I've also noticed that even though the AIM-9's have been buffed, they can still be dealt with by having enough flares.

Problem is they still dont IFF. sanngriors have shot themselves down, and novis definitely do. And aircraft involved in friendly fire dont flare or avoid.

Edited by exbyde

38 minutes ago, drtricky said:

@exbyde I observed the Dorito targeting its allies with the AIM-120's during the 8v8 with the bezerker drones. Is it just that friendly fire is far less likely with the AIM-120?

Its on how targeting is done. AIM-120 locks on radar and coordinates original lock with onboard radome, so it may target friendly, but it probably won't fire. AIM-9s target heat, whatever heat is in their scanning radius, friend or foe. If you point at the fighter a few clicks away and it sees the allied aircraft in broken formation down and right, then thats what it goes after. Thats why you hear that growling noise when aim-9s are seeking, low growl indicates no lock, and a high growl indicates a lock on something, Its a byproduct of this missile coming into service in...1956! with variants all down the line of course to modernize.

*note, this is based on real-life and what i observe in fights. I am not BahamutoD and he may have things programmed differently.

Edited by exbyde

And last battle for the night, we have  @MrChumley's ReSoup up against @53miner53's delta dagger F3. Will the F3 continue to defend its spot in the roster, or will we have a new face to greet inbound fighters?

In a stunning pair of battles, the ReSoup takes home the #5 spot on the roster. Next battle is looking like ReSoup vs Bryntroll, which will come around tomorrow evening most likely.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.