Air Superiority Fighter Competition

11 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

BTW, Now I see why you build small drones.

Lol.

I just like swarm tactics :D

Also, most of my craft are submitted to @HatBat's kethane station series, so I want them to be small enough that he can use them without his computer lagging lol

1 minute ago, Thor Wotansen said:

Lasers?  They can dodge missiles and they are relatively good at staying out of the way of bullets, so I'm betting it's lasers.

Lasers are the nemesis of all planes lol. They're hard to avoid in close quarters, though the lock is easy to break at distances further than 2 km

1 minute ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

No Radar

They have no missiles. Is it needed to aim better?

8 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

They have no missiles. Is it needed to aim better?

Not if you don't have missiles.

6 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

You only really need radar if you have radar guided missiles.  Heat seekers do their thing without help.

The Bryntröll does have AIM-120's which are radar guided

2 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Not if you don't have missiles.

Ah okay. They should be fine then. The only problem is that their 50 cal turrets are short range, and, in general, the drones themselves are meant for short range combat. Planes heavy on missiles could beat them. Fortunately, the drones have a decent D-V, so they could theoretically outlast some jets :P

Some...

Just now, Thor Wotansen said:

It also has a radar.

I don't see one. Did you use a radial attachment point and then offset the radar into the craft?

Just now, Earthlinger said:

Ah okay. They should be fine then. The only problem is that their 50 cal turrets are short range, and, in general, the drones themselves are meant for short range combat. Planes heavy on missiles could beat them. Fortunately, the drones have a decent D-V, so they could theoretically outlast some jets :P

Some...

What time would you like the drone's funeral?:cool:

Just now, Earthlinger said:

Funeral? Try them out first, you might be surprised :D

The battles all start from 15 km, and all the other craft have at least some missiles. And vulcans. Vulcan are machine guns. Machine guns are deadly. Thus, funeral. Logic!!!!

3 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

The battles all start from 15 km, and all the other craft have at least some missiles. And vulcans. Vulcan are machine guns. Machine guns are deadly. Thus, funeral. Logic!!!!

Sounds good :D We'll see how it goes. Who am I facing?

(Oh and btw, is it 1v1 or...?)

28 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

No, I enabled part clipping and put it inside the structural fuselage bit right behind the cockpit.

hZk09y4.png

Thx again. You guys are making my day with all these cool tricks.

26 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Sounds good :D We'll see how it goes. Who am I facing?

(Oh and btw, is it 1v1 or...?)

Would you like to face Monstron or EuroViper? (This will just be a test, it won't count towards the rankings. For rankings, you will work your way up the leaderboard.) The EuroViper is mine, and it should be up within 48 hours.

Edited by HeroBrian_333

I’m thinking of entering this, but there are a few things stopping me. I play stock+BDA (well, with a fairly modest modpack, but my planes rarely use any parts from them) and I don’t think it would be fair to put stock planes against mod ones, (especially without any limits on the mods) considering not all are balanced to stock. Could there maybe a stock+BDA and a “anything goes” catergory? Secondly, turrets and lasers are really op in air battles. A plane with a laser, the right AI tweaks and a load of batteries will kill anything. Could there be some rule or limitation on them, like maybe reduce the range of them or something?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

5 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Would you like to face Monstron or EuroViper? (This will just be a test, it won't count towards the rankings. For rankings, you will work your way up the leaderboard.) The EuroViper is mine, and it should be up within 48 hours.

Monstron. Though with the 100+ parts it has, it might be a little unfair for my 27 part drones lol :D

Hahaha, I've just been testing a larger plane with four lasers against two Bryntrolls.  It has been killing them but it gets hit by a crap load of missiles as it kills the last one every time.  I'm just starting to develop a small laser plane.  But yeah, I agree that turrets and lasers should at least have some limitations.

I'm not going to limit the mods any more than 7 per craft max, mainly because it makes things more interesting. No turrets other than 50 cal., and if you can figure out how to get a plane that can generate enough electricity to fire lasers for any amount of time, kudos to you, that craft has earned it's spot here. However, there must be a way to generate enough electricity for it to fire more than once. Like this comment if you think that sounds fair, and I'll amend the rules.

@53miner53 Did you test fly it? If so, how did it handle? Also what do you need KF for?

Edited by HeroBrian_333

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.