Working Kerbals

You guys should make it so when the Kerbals are assigned to do something inside a building (such as when you click research on the mobile lab). Or when they have to do something like moving between parts of the ship like when in space and getting back in the pod there should be an animation of the Kerbal opening the door and going inside.

I just think that would make it a whole lot cooler!  :P

Yeah it would be a very cool addition to the game. I like the eva but feel that there is a lack of iva features that we can do. Furthermore I know that there are mods to do this but it would be cool if,  say, the kerbals were on a station they would need life support and snacks delivered on-board smaller cargo rockets that could dock and transfer supplies, I'm dreaming though aren't I.

Cool :) 

Animating things such as doing stuff, opening and closing of doors is just for starters imo. I would also like to see through the cockpit window to see the Kerbals sitting there and doing stuff when assigned to nothing. You can look from within the cockpit to the outside world, but not from the outside world into the cockpit. Basically the IVA interior should be loaded outside a vessel and all windows shouldn't be opaque, all the way to being completely transparent if you ask me. Unless Kerbals are gangsters requiring dark windows to protect their identity or something, yeah, in space, right... :confused: I'll only say "IR"

I want to see Jeb and Val drink tea in the Mk 3 crew cabin, spilling it over the flight displays and getting into conflict (of all sorts) Behaviour will be linked to their courage and stupidity levels (determining several stereotypes for Kerbal behaviour)

Edited by Helmetman

54 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

Cool :) 

Animating things such as doing stuff, opening and closing of doors is just for starters imo. I would also like to see through the cockpit window to see the Kerbals sitting there and doing stuff when assigned to nothing. You can look from within the cockpit to the outside world, but not from the outside world into the cockpit. Basically the IVA interior should be loaded outside a vessel and all windows shouldn't be opaque, all the way to being completely transparent if you ask me. Unless Kerbals are gangsters requiring dark windows to protect their identity or something, yeah, in space, right... :confused: I'll only say "IR"

I want to see Jeb and Val drink tea in the Mk 3 crew cabin, spilling it over the flight displays and getting into conflict (of all sorts) Behaviour will be linked to their courage and stupidity levels (determining several stereotypes for Kerbal behaviour)

I highly doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Helmetman said:

" You can look from within the cockpit to the outside world, but not from the outside world into the cockpit. Basically the IVA interior should be loaded outside a vessel and all windows shouldn't be opaque, all the way to being completely transparent if you ask me. "

You CAN look inside the cockpit from outside, juts click on the little dot on the left of your kerbal portraits....

Also, install ASET props, aset avionics, rasterpropmonitor and install a bunch of IVA models and you've got great IVA's

Edited by Agustin

I have long wanted semi-autonomous Kerbals. It would be good for them to have the ability to check experiments regularly over time, which would be a nice new game mechanic. Also to maintain working equipment, wander between preset areas etc.

It would bring missions to life. Especially longer base missions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.