Whats your favourite Launch Vehicle?

NSEP

Inspired by this thread:

The title explains it all doesn't it?

My favourite Launch Vehicle probably is the SLS, although very expensive, and despite its slow development, i think its awesome to see a mishmashed Space Shuttle Launch Vehicle turn into an almost-Saturn V equivalent rocket.

jAQ1edm.png

Also, i really love the Long March 5, its a powerfull vehicle that does not get the attention it deserves, its sad that not alot of people look at CNSA, and appreciate their work.

Whichever launch vehicle requires the least amount of course corrections when I hit the space bar! :D  Probably not the answer you were looking for.

On a more serious note, as my skills with rocket design improves, the launch vehicles change. It's kind of hard to choose one that's my absolute favorite.

Real-world?

Taking everything into account, I don't think you can beat Old Number Seven, the Korolev-developed Semyorka.  In its Sputnik, Molnyia, Vostok, Voskhod, and Soyuz variants and sub-variants, it is truly the workhorse rocket of the Space Age.  Plus, it just looks neat (and rather Kerbalesque, meaning that in a good way).

7 hours ago, NSEP said:

Inspired by this thread:

The title explains it all doesn't it?

My favourite Launch Vehicle probably is the SLS, although very expensive, and despite its slow development, i think its awesome to see a mishmashed Space Shuttle Launch Vehicle turn into an almost-Saturn V equivalent rocket.

jAQ1edm.png

Also, i really love the Long March 5, its a powerfull vehicle that does not get the attention it deserves, its sad that not alot of people look at CNSA, and appreciate their work.

Chinese aren't exactly promoting their space science on a global basis the way other nations do:

Their claim to fame is the blew up on satellite with another satellite causing a great increase in space debris.
They landed a robot on the moon that made a p in the lunar sand and then died.

They could certainly work on the Public relations. For example Space Center Nanking or something like that.

40 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

It's my avatar...   (You didn't specify what it was launching...)

Once ze rockets come up

Who cares vhere they come down?

Zat’s not my department!

On that note...

diagonal-big-tightx.jpg

15 minutes ago, DDE said:

Once ze rockets come up

Who cares vhere they come down?

Zat’s not my department!

On that note...

diagonal-big-tightx.jpg

Nice strut connectors, are they using a reverse spoiler as a decoupling separation enhancer. I think I designed this rocket about two years back :D

Edit: The CCCP must stand for something, for the life of me I can't remember what.

Edited by PB666

The joke was kind of missed, I noticed the illustration was from 2017, so I was curious why there was the plate stamp of an empire that ceased to exist in 1989 and that never really had a serious moon program in the 15 years before that.

1 hour ago, PB666 said:

Chinese aren't exactly promoting their space science on a global basis the way other nations do:

Their claim to fame is the blew up on satellite with another satellite causing a great increase in space debris.
They landed a robot on the moon that made a p in the lunar sand and then died.

They could certainly work on the Public relations. For example Space Center Nanking or something like that.

I only really care about the rockets themselves and not (as much) the story behind them, but i understand. Thanks for sharing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.