KSP BD armoury war

I’m interested in doing a KSP turn based war using BD armoury, similar to “fall of kerbin” and “kollaborative warfare”. 

The game will require 2 or more players/teams, building there own vessels and setting up defenses and attacking each other’s bases by taking it in turns to pass around the save file. 

Should be really good fun! I’ve tried doing a similar thing by myself but that’s getting boring now! Will need to come up with rules. 

Reply if interested 

I might be interested, but there would have to be some rules about mods, types of craft and whatnot.  One idea that appeals to me is a multiplanetary war in the Jool system, where each player starts on a different moon with a Extraplanetary Launchpads base in a location of their choosing.  This would limit the weapons somewhat but it might be a fun twist.  If I'm alone in thinking that's cool, I'd be happy to play a more conventional version.

4 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

I might be interested, but there would have to be some rules about mods, types of craft and whatnot.  One idea that appeals to me is a multiplanetary war in the Jool system, where each player starts on a different moon with a Extraplanetary Launchpads base in a location of their choosing.  This would limit the weapons somewhat but it might be a fun twist.  If I'm alone in thinking that's cool, I'd be happy to play a more conventional version.

Sounds pretty awesome! I enjoyed watching the fall of kerbin series so that really appeared to me. 

Hopefully we can get a few more people involved and discuss mods and rules etc

13 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Can each of us suggest a mod or two? If so, I’ll suggest Kerbal Foundries.

Yes! Well BD is given, will want vessel mover, physics range extender and I’d like airplane plus. And I feel like it would be fun to have very loose rules on planes, tanks, vessels etc. If you want a plane with a tank turret or naval gun, you can have it if you can build it sort of thing. Just a thought 

For mod suggestions, I know of an old version of the large ship parts mod that's still compatible with the latest version of KSP. Unlike the most recent version, it has boat parts with ridiculously high heat capacities and impact tolerences, such that one battleship hull piece took several thousand 30mm rounds to destroy when I tested them. I also fired three AIM-120's at them that hit at a velocity of 567 m/s, and nothing.

With KJR, Tweakscale, and any other weapon mod such as NAS, we could create low-part count flying warships and fight each other with raw, unadulterated firepower, and the low part count will reduce the strain on people's computers.

Wrong thread.

Edited by drtricky

And, I got a whole set of rules for a 1960s era FOK, if anyone wants it, ill type it up (its on paper rn)

On 11/27/2017 at 5:23 AM, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Yes! Well BD is given, will want vessel mover, physics range extender and I’d like airplane plus. And I feel like it would be fun to have very loose rules on planes, tanks, vessels etc. If you want a plane with a tank turret or naval gun, you can have it if you can build it sort of thing. Just a thought 

I perfer more strict rules e.g, no turrets on fighters.

14 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Can we try to decide on an era then discuss mods and rules? Who’s interested in 60s era tech? I think it’s a great middle ground to start on. 

Anyone who’s interested in this, quote and respond and we can start talking about mods and rules

Im in!

and yes, 60's era

We would also need extraplanetary launchpads for bases, if we wanted to build our own. I'd say stock, tweakscale, BDAc, and EXL. Maybe kerbal constructs and kerbal foundries for tank treads. Rule suggestion: 2 hours per turn? Like, when it's your turn, 2 hours max to make sure you don't just completely Nuke another base?

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

2 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

We would also need extraplanetary launchpads for bases, if we wanted to build our own. I'd say stock, tweakscale, BDAc, and EXL. Maybe kerbal constructs and kerbal foundries for tank treads. Rule suggestion: 2 hours per turn? Like, when it's your turn, 2 hours max to make sure you don't just completely Nuke another base?

Someone on here said he had a set of 60s era fall of kerbin style rules, think those would be awesome! Hopefully they will share them and we can work through them 

6 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Yup, 60's sounds fun! We do need rules. Like how do we know when a turn is over, as someone could spend their whole week lobbing cruise missiles at another base with no discretion.

Planes would not be allowed to reload untill the next turn. And planes have limited missile capacity. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.