KSP BD armoury war

8 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Planes would not be allowed to reload untill the next turn. And planes have limited missile capacity. 

Or a maximum of eight ammo boxes per person....? And possible no turrets on planes. We also need rules for base building, like no whipple shields or only three layer whipple sheilds... those things are OP if you can build them.

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Maybe we could have a maximum amount of money we spend per turn. Also, 2 hours is way too short, we would probably sleep through it most of the time. 

Maximum amount of money? That sounds about right. Maybe like maximum of like one hundred thousand funds per turn? The two hours was just an estimate, I just felt like I could deploy a squadron of drones and a small surveillance satellite within 2 hours. Maybe like 8 then?

5 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Or a maximum of eight ammo boxes per person....? And possible no turrets on planes. We also need rules for base building, like no whipple shields or only three layer whipple sheilds... those things are OP if you can build them.

Maximum amount of money? That sounds about right. Maybe like maximum of like one hundred thousand funds per turn? The two hours was just an estimate, I just felt like I could deploy a squadron of drones and a small surveillance satellite within 2 hours. Maybe like 8 then?

I think doing time is awkward, cause people are super busy I’m sure! I know I am. I think a good idea would be to just limit the amount of units each player can deploy each turn. Say 1 bomber or 3 fighters, 2 tanks, and 2 ships each turn. And you have as long as you need to take your turn (but be as fast as possible). Then we can set armament limits

2 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

I think doing time is awkward, cause people are super busy I’m sure! I know I am. I think a good idea would be to just limit the amount of units each player can deploy each turn. Say 1 bomber or 3 fighters, 2 tanks, and 2 ships each turn. And you have as long as you need to take your turn (but be as fast as possible). Then we can set armament limits

My ruleset is based on that basic principle. 

3 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Seems good! On a side note: working on 60's fighter bomber...... :)

5 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Seems legit. I'd un-complicated-ify it a bit though, but this is pretty good. Nothing compared to DnD, so it shouldn't have to be dumbed down too much :P

EDIT: I got a wing of modified P-80's which have been upgraded to be able to fly in the 60's era skies! Because here at Kraken aerotech, we believe in the golden oldies. And it was cheaper than designing a whole new plane for 60's era air combat.

6BB87743B665368167A82A0AA6F510C03E56994E

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

Yeah I definitely think a FoK type point system would work much better than a funds limit (which most weapon mods don't seem to be well balanced for) or a time limit (which would just be annoying). Couple points on dundun's point system:

- We could maybe just do without the fighter/attacker distinction and run on a system where you can build whatever plane types you want but have limited points, and perhaps have points for engines as well (or a minimum number of points for a certain number of engines) We might also add requirements like you need an extra kerbal if you have a targeting pod or precision AGMs.

- How are you imagining tankers, ECM, and AWACS planes would work practically in ksp?

- Any plans for offensive ground forces or naval units (I could take or leave the navies if I'm honest but we do need something for these planes to attack) ?

- 3000lbs is a bit light to destroy an FOB, it's potentially a single flight by an attacker

- The distinction between large and medium bases seems pretty minor.

2 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Rules look good, but why do attackers get 20 points and fighters get 25? Seems like it should be the other way 

Attackers dont usually have radars.

1 hour ago, Bob_Saget54 said:

For the ground forces, are they required to be built out of wing parts or can I use structural panels? (Since I'm so used to building with them)

Use if you want. The rules arent ser yet, it is simply an outline.

52 minutes ago, loki130 said:

Yeah I definitely think a FoK type point system would work much better than a funds limit (which most weapon mods don't seem to be well balanced for) or a time limit (which would just be annoying). Couple points on dundun's point system:

- We could maybe just do without the fighter/attacker distinction and run on a system where you can build whatever plane types you want but have limited points, and perhaps have points for engines as well (or a minimum number of points for a certain number of engines) We might also add requirements like you need an extra kerbal if you have a targeting pod or precision AGMs.

- How are you imagining tankers, ECM, and AWACS planes would work practically in ksp?

- Any plans for offensive ground forces or naval units (I could take or leave the navies if I'm honest but we do need something for these planes to attack) ?

- 3000lbs is a bit light to destroy an FOB, it's potentially a single flight by an attacker

Tanker would be for extending small airplanes ranges with the AARS mod. AWACS for detecting enemy fighters at long range. ECM aircraft represent F-105G, F-100F, F-4G, with HARMs. As far as ships/tanks, I am no expert in those fields like  am in airplanes. I dont really know what would be realistic/unrealistic.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, KingNewton said:

are Nukes allowed, cause I thought of a nuke launcher...

I might add it to the ruleset.

49 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Or a single shot from the 'rocket pod monster mk1'

27994D8FC9CCD72A277063AE4B9A4A945487402A

How many points is THAT!?! :/

4 hours ago, loki130 said:

These points are all great in my opinion! Can we add these ideas to the rules set? Can we set it you can build say multi role fighters instead of just an attack fighter or bomber? Just total up all the points for the turn? 

I think navies could be hard! Unless anyone is a mod expert and can get the one they use is in FOK (I can’t remember the name). In my version of KSP it’s very glitchy 

Tanker would be for extending small airplanes ranges with the AARS mod. AWACS for detecting enemy fighters at long range. ECM aircraft represent F-105G, F-100F, F-4G, with HARMs. As far as ships/tanks, I am no expert in those fields like  am in airplanes. I dont really know what would be realistic/unrealistic.

Coordinating tankers for that sort of thing seems pretty tedious and might require something like the FMRS mod which could be tricky. Also it effectively allows you to hit any position in enemy territory since they can't launch interceptors to stop you. (That mod might be worth including just for the nice drop tanks, though). I'm still not seeing a situation within ksp where AWACS could be effectively used; i.e., when you would be in the air and not already know where the enemy planes are. Given that ECM are distinguished by one weapon type I'd lean towards including them in the uncategorized points system I proposed.

I might look at how the rules ended up on FoK and see how the could be updated for this. They are a couple mods out there with more modern tank turrets, but I don't think they're necessarily balanced too well. There's also the problem of what to do with things like artillery missiles and such, given that the defenders have no realistic chance of defending against them.

I might add it to the ruleset.

How many points is THAT!?! :/

Uhh... lemme check the scoring system... 54, not counting machine guns and ammo boxes. But it isn't too unrealistic, it could be mass produced in real life. (40,000 funds, would work well with a 400,000 fund limit) I would prefer a cash limit, But the point system works.

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

26 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

I don’t think we should allow nukes. Also, are any stock parts not allowed? Primarily asking because some wouldn’t fit in 1960s IMO.

I say we use AJE + Vens stock revamp. If you have both installed, you get a whole bunch of cold war jets. I prefer FAR, but I will do without if others dont. 

6 hours ago, loki130 said:

Coordinating tankers for that sort of thing seems pretty tedious and might require something like the FMRS mod which could be tricky. Also it effectively allows you to hit any position in enemy territory since they can't launch interceptors to stop you. (That mod might be worth including just for the nice drop tanks, though). I'm still not seeing a situation within ksp where AWACS could be effectively used; i.e., when you would be in the air and not already know where the enemy planes are. Given that ECM are distinguished by one weapon type I'd lean towards including them in the uncategorized points system I proposed.

I might look at how the rules ended up on FoK and see how the could be updated for this. They are a couple mods out there with more modern tank turrets, but I don't think they're necessarily balanced too well. There's also the problem of what to do with things like artillery missiles and such, given that the defenders have no realistic chance of defending against them.

Have you noticed the standby button in the AI? It means that when an enemy is detected (either via visual contact or long range radar), the plane automatically takes off! Pretty neat.

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

Have you noticed the standby button in the AI? It means that when an enemy is detected (either via visual contact or long range radar), the plane automatically takes off! Pretty neat.

Yeah, but I suppose my point is that would encourage the use of a large ground radars, rather than an AWACS plane. The plane would have nothing to do after first detection and be a big target if in the air, so functionally it would just act as a highly mobile ground radar. I could see some use to that, but it's probably not worth using a launch for. I should maybe play around with BDA a bit and see how the long-range radars work (as well as the new update).

Also:

- Does AJE play nice with airplanes plus?

- Opinions on helicopters?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.