KSP BD armoury war

1 hour ago, loki130 said:

Yeah, but I suppose my point is that would encourage the use of a large ground radars, rather than an AWACS plane. The plane would have nothing to do after first detection and be a big target if in the air, so functionally it would just act as a highly mobile ground radar. I could see some use to that, but it's probably not worth using a launch for. I should maybe play around with BDA a bit and see how the long-range radars work (as well as the new update).

Also:

- Does AJE play nice with airplanes plus?

- Opinions on helicopters?

Suppose you have to strike 100km into enemy territory. No ground radars would be present. If you get the APP AJE patch, it works fine. I dont prefer helicopters, since they cant be AI controlled, so only one could be used at once.

18 hours ago, loki130 said:

Yeah I definitely think a FoK type point system would work much better than a funds limit (which most weapon mods don't seem to be well balanced for) or a time limit (which would just be annoying). Couple points on dundun's point system:

- We could maybe just do without the fighter/attacker distinction and run on a system where you can build whatever plane types you want but have limited points, and perhaps have points for engines as well (or a minimum number of points for a certain number of engines) We might also add requirements like you need an extra kerbal if you have a targeting pod or precision AGMs.

- How are you imagining tankers, ECM, and AWACS planes would work practically in ksp?

- Any plans for offensive ground forces or naval units (I could take or leave the navies if I'm honest but we do need something for these planes to attack) ?

- 3000lbs is a bit light to destroy an FOB, it's potentially a single flight by an attacker

- The distinction between large and medium bases seems pretty minor.

Large bases can detect intruders at 80km, instead of 40 for the others.

I don’t think helicopters would work on defense because the AI pilot probably can’t handle it. It would work well on attack or with a kOS script though. 

Also, mod request: procedural wings. 

Also, can we have rules on reconnaissance planes? (Amount per turn?)

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

I say we use AJE + Vens stock revamp. If you have both installed, you get a whole bunch of cold war jets. I prefer FAR, but I will do without if others dont. 

I also like Airplane Plus, it adds a whole bunch of wing parts that I used of my MiG-17 (and it's even better than the real one. Takeoff speed of 40 m/s and can take off using 5% of the runway) can we also use tweakscale? It's also kind of fun, also made my MiG and P-80 so much better, the FAT-455 tail wing thing is perfect for the MiG 17 elevator, just it's too big. Too lazy to add pictures. Oh: I have a question. Since orbital kinetic bombardment was conceived in the 60's, could I put this in orbit and bombard enemy bases....?

72271D7D6FDB2F3A23C02FA6D15DA3771CE753C4Jebs is so happy that he gets to destroy Kerbin.... :)

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

17 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I also like Airplane Plus, it adds a whole bunch of wing parts that I used of my MiG-17 (and it's even better than the real one. Takeoff speed of 40 m/s and can take off using 5% of the runway) can we also use tweakscale? It's also kind of fun, also made my MiG and P-80 so much better, the FAT-455 tail wing thing is perfect for the MiG 17 elevator, just it's too big. Too lazy to add pictures. Oh: I have a question. Since orbital kinetic bombardment was conceived in the 60's, could I put this in orbit and bombard enemy bases....?

72271D7D6FDB2F3A23C02FA6D15DA3771CE753C4Jebs is so happy that he gets to destroy Kerbin.... :)

Lasers?

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

I don’t think helicopters would work on defense because the AI pilot probably can’t handle it. It would work well on attack or with a kOS script though. 

Also, mod request: procedural wings. 

Also, can we have rules on reconnaissance planes? (Amount per turn?)

Yeah, I need to add that. I like pwings as well.

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Lasers?

I-Beams, the kinetic energy is so great that the impact creates an explosion similar to a small tactical nuke. It was meant as a joke. I used a mass relay firing retrograde (I found a use for Rhine engines, Woot woot!) to de orbit the rods. 

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

Like all the mod ideas! 

I know I started this feed, but I’m not particularly good with modding and all of that. I can add mods obviously, but as soon as I start having glitches or parts that don’t work I have no idea how to get rid of them. I just start over again with a new KSP and hope for the best. 

So anyone who thinks they would be able to set up a working version of this, pick the KSP version, mod it and then we can email out the save file I guess? If anyone thinks they will be able to do that let everyone know and add the mods we way and start experimenting with mods and builds.

I would definitely like airplane plus included and also have you seen the enterprise mod? It provides a fully functioning 1 part aircraft carrier with catapults and arrestor hooks, I think w could incorporate those as mobile bases almost? 

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Anyone have any issues with using FAR?

Never used it, it might trip up my plane building. Very very used to stock aero, as like 98% of my builds are planes. I could just get used go it.

43 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Like all the mod ideas! 

I know I started this feed, but I’m not particularly good with modding and all of that. I can add mods obviously, but as soon as I start having glitches or parts that don’t work I have no idea how to get rid of them. I just start over again with a new KSP and hope for the best. 

So anyone who thinks they would be able to set up a working version of this, pick the KSP version, mod it and then we can email out the save file I guess? If anyone thinks they will be able to do that let everyone know and add the mods we way and start experimenting with mods and builds.

I would definitely like airplane plus included and also have you seen the enterprise mod? It provides a fully functioning 1 part aircraft carrier with catapults and arrestor hooks, I think w could incorporate those as mobile bases almost? 

Well, we are going for 60's, and the enterprise was built in the 70's....

I also have one other thought and that’s whether or not we want to remove or ban any stock parts?

My thoughts is that the SR-71 was the only truly functioning aircraft powered by a “ram jet” specifically a turbo-ramjet to go into service in the 60s and that was in 66. The j58 engines only produced a maximum of 150KN of thrust, which makes KSP engines way over powered for the time. There fore I think we shouldn’t use the whiplash or the rapier stock engines. Even the panther is way over powered at high altitudes. 

Just a thought 

12 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Never used it, it might trip up my plane building. Very very used to stock aero, as like 98% of my builds are planes. I could just get used go it.

Well, we are going for 60's, and the enterprise was built in the 70's....

I believe the enterprise was commissioned in 61, but I just thought it would be a cool idea since it’s such an easy mod to use with it being only 1 part you could spawn aircraft on it afte moving into enemy territory since 60s aircraft predominantly struggled with range

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Anyone have any issues with using FAR?

I also haven’t used FAR, how big a difference does it make to aircraft designing? I’ll do some research, but addded realism sounds fun to me.

On FAR, there is surprisingly little difference. Primarily, I have fighters that I’ve brought between stock and FAR and work almost as well as in their normal aero and the opposite if you tweak the control surfaces and the strength of the wings.

4 hours ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

I also have one other thought and that’s whether or not we want to remove or ban any stock parts?

My thoughts is that the SR-71 was the only truly functioning aircraft powered by a “ram jet” specifically a turbo-ramjet to go into service in the 60s and that was in 66. The j58 engines only produced a maximum of 150KN of thrust, which makes KSP engines way over powered for the time. There fore I think we shouldn’t use the whiplash or the rapier stock engines. Even the panther is way over powered at high altitudes. 

Just a thought 

I believe the enterprise was commissioned in 61, but I just thought it would be a cool idea since it’s such an easy mod to use with it being only 1 part you could spawn aircraft on it afte moving into enemy territory since 60s aircraft predominantly struggled with range

I also haven’t used FAR, how big a difference does it make to aircraft designing? I’ll do some research, but addded realism sounds fun to me.

AJE makes thrust realistic for all engines.

1 minute ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Are we just gonna use BDa for weapons? And yeah I’ll go through the feed and create a mod list as soon as I have time 

I wasn’t sure if we wanted to find a mod for more weapons that are more 1960s than the BDA weapons.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.