KSP BD armoury war

14 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi guys, 

Just to let you I'm following this thread. 

Given that is a BDA challenge I might be helpful. 

I will post a list with my recommended mods to enjoy a full war experience :)

Good to hear it! 

Im gonna get on with doing a mod list now with all the popular ones on this thread. Then we discuss how many of them we want.

I haven’t got the chance to play a lot but I’ve experienced with FAR and I’m struggling to make realistic looking effective planes. Every plane I make struggles with turning no matter what I do so I feel like dogfights would be a bit rubbish. If it’s my fault and anyone has any advice I’d love to hear it. If not and that’s just the realism of it maybe we don’t use it. Let me know! 

These are pretty much all the mods that have been suggested. If people want more or less we can change it!

BDa

Kerbal Foundries 

Vessel Mover

Airplane Plus

Physics Range Extender

Kerbal Konstructs

Tweak Scale

Hangar

AJE

Vens Stock Revamp

FAR

Procedule Wings

Enterprise

KWS

KER

mouse aim flight

Edited by FlightSergeantMatt

53 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

These are pretty much all the mods that have been suggested. If people want more or less we can change it!

BDa

Kerbal Foundries 

Vessel Mover

Airplane Plus

Physics Range Extender

Kerbal Konstructs

Tweak Scale

Hangar

AJE

Vens Stock Revamp

FAR

Procedule Wings

Enterprise

KWS

Good for me! Wooooo! Airplane plus! And Tweakscale! Tiny whiplashes! Please dont add any more though, even my gaming pc would melt with that many lol. EDIT 2: does FAR add better water physics? I am very boat-y... Most of my war craft float. OH- and we might want EXL to make bases.

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

1 hour ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

BDa

Kerbal Foundries 

Vessel Mover

Airplane Plus

Physics Range Extender

Kerbal Konstructs

Tweak Scale

Hangar

AJE

Vens Stock Revamp

FAR

Procedule Wings

Enterprise

KWS

In addition to this list. I recommend at least adding:

In order to build custom missiles like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H9Dvk04M0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcQNYPjrP9w&list=PL25Bj3XwRvSY_Wp0JDobzdNe8nBAmALea&index=6

• Procedural Parts (dependency of BDModularMissileParts)
  • Camera Tools (for BDArmory dogfighting)
  • Destruction Effects

Then I also suggest adding the SM parts pack like SM_Armory, SM_Marine, etc

Regarding rules about the turn based game, I suggest: 

- Limiting the number of parts in game per player.

- Besides, to promote engagement and transparency, I recommend to record a video of each turn (recommended to let the users with powerful computer to record at decent FPS)

Edited by jrodriguez

Perhaps DCK might be up your guys alley as well ... adds a bunch of camo patterns to 15 or so mods (AP+, BDAc, Quiztech, Aviator Arsenal, KAX, etc....)

Plus most of the SM mods have DCK mm configs included which brings the supported mods up to 20 or so

There is also transparent aircraft armor, energy shields (experimental) and Stealth Coating parts that reduce your RCS when used with BDAc

9 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Maybe we could have a specific camo pattern for each person.

Dibs on blue marine camo and white arctic camo- north pole/ maritime country (hence my name, as the giant squid mostly lives in the arctic ocean).

54 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Dibs on blue marine camo/ arctic camo- north pole/ maritime country (hence my name, as the giant squid mostly lives in the arctic ocean).

Dang it, I was going to choose that!

edit: looked again, I call the dark grey/blackpure white camo! 

Edited by 53miner53
Changed mind again, sorry!

13 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

IIRC there is 22 camo patterns, 19 solid colors and 1 Waldo of Where's Waldo fame :wink:

Waldo...? Uh. Ok. 

Just now, 53miner53 said:

Dang it, I was going to choose that!

Beatcha to it! Krakentech Aerospace and Naval Architecture(TM) Is always on the forefront of technological advancement and corperate corruption.

5 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

the cool kids are also using the Dev version of BDArmory :cool:... which is freaking awesome. 

Where'd you get that? you a dev? Or am I blind and do not see the download?

EDIT: It seems like we all had colors. Imma start staking my claim: the coast of the arctic closest to the Europe like landmass above the KSC continent... to symbolize the giant squid's habitat and my cold and merciless swarm tactics.  I'll highlight it in MSPaint next weekend, busy week.

6 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Where'd you get that? you a dev? Or am I blind and do not see the download?

EDIT: It seems like we all had colors. Imma start staking my claim: the coast of the arctic closest to the Europe like landmass above the KSC continent... to symbolize the giant squid's habitat and my cold and merciless swarm tactics.  I'll highlight it in MSPaint next weekend, busy week.

Sounds good to me

i guess I’m gonna have to put it all together. I will do my best but I don’t get a lot of time and I’m not very good with this stuff.

also how do we plan to share it?

1 hour ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Sounds good to me

i guess I’m gonna have to put it all together. I will do my best but I don’t get a lot of time and I’m not very good with this stuff.

also how do we plan to share it?

I can set up a google drive folder that we can upload it to.

11 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Awesome! Thanks! I will see if I can get started tonight. I’ll download the latest version of KSP and see if I can get the mods set up and then upload it I guess. 

then we can all start getting used to the mods while we finalise rules and players and maybe background stories. I am of course Sir Nigel Humphrey Britwistle, chief flight sergeant and commanding officer for the Royal Airforce of His Majety king Jebediah of the the United Kerbal Kingdom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.