KSP BD armoury war

17 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Honestly if you could sort out the mods and send it out to us some how is really appreciate it. It really sounds like you know what you are doing haaaa

think I know what I’m doing. I also know someone who can help if I can’t figure it out. I’ll start when I can and once we settle on a version. 

1 minute ago, 53miner53 said:

think I know what I’m doing. I also know someone who can help if I can’t figure it out. I’ll start when I can and once we settle on a version. 

1.3.0!

6 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Thanks I experimented. Got some to fly but most don’t dog fight well without eventually losing control and crashing. Am I the only one finding that when using BD and FAR?

Building a plane for use with FAR is a whole other can of worms when comparing to stock aerodynamics

Your best bet to learn about how to design for FAR would be to look at the official FAR craft repository .... 

And I also suggest to pay attention to those who have been around the forums for awhile as you are likely to get better information on craft design for BDAc and FAR from those who have been doing FAR fighter challenges over the past few years .... There are some here who think they know but when their craft is put to the test it gets destroyed or the AI Pilot wont fly it properly

Main thing to keep in mind is CoL goes behind CoM ... Col above your CoM or below it will cause issues along with if your CoT is not lined up to pass through the aproximate center of your CoM

46 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Building a plane for use with FAR is a whole other can of worms when comparing to stock aerodynamics

Your best bet to learn about how to design for FAR would be to look at the official FAR craft repository .... 

And I also suggest to pay attention to those who have been around the forums for awhile as you are likely to get better information on craft design for BDAc and FAR from those who have been doing FAR fighter challenges over the past few years .... There are some here who think they know but when their craft is put to the test it gets destroyed or the AI Pilot wont fly it properly

Main thing to keep in mind is CoL goes behind CoM ... Col above your CoM or below it will cause issues along with if your CoT is not lined up to pass through the aproximate center of your CoM

Thanks! Will try looking into that stuff! Just had difficulty transitioning from what I’m so used to. Also I love to make realistic looking planes so some of the ones that used to fly on stock don’t with FAR

58 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Definitely 1.3

Just now, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Thanks! Will try looking into that stuff! Just had difficulty transitioning from what I’m so used to. Also I love to make realistic looking planes so some of the ones that used to fly on stock don’t with FAR

Replicas usually work in far... except @MiffedStarfish's F/A-18

11 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I haven't noticed anything wrong with tha landing gear. Except for the complete inability to support weight.

The landing gear occasionally will bounce your craft into the air which can cause a RUD (Rapid Unplanned Disassembly) essentially causing a landed craft to explode when it comes into physics range

On another note, I added DCK support for SXT, AoA Tech and Adjustable Landing Gear (in Kerbal Foundries) and posted a release last night .... If there are any other mods that any of you would like to have DCK support for then post a request in the DCK thread and I'll take a look (be sure to ping me so I see it :))

2 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

So do we have to use FAR? I dont feel comfortable having to relearn the Aero after 200 hours of purely plane building..

Like I said, if anyone is uncomfortable using it, we dont have to. It is simply my personal preference. FAR simply prohibits unrealistic designs.

Edited by Guest

So I can’t find Enterprise, KWS, or mouse aim flight on CKAN, so we have to install those separately. I’m uploading the .ckan file to google drive now, to install you go to file->install from .ckan, and it should do the rest itself.

edit: found download links for KWS and mouse aim flight, but I’m not sure what mod Enterprise is. I can only find Star Trek mods.

Edited by 53miner53

33 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

So I can’t find Enterprise, KWS, or mouse aim flight on CKAN, so we have to install those separately. I’m uploading the .ckan file to google drive now, to install you go to file->install from .ckan, and it should do the rest itself.

I honestly have no idea how to use .ckan files, or anything that has to do with CKAN. It's still fine if I install the mods separately? Just put the files in the drive folder or something.

13 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I honestly have no idea how to use .ckan files, or anything that has to do with CKAN. It's still fine if I install the mods separately? Just put the files in the drive folder or something.

It’s fine if you install separately, I was just trying to simplify the process of finding the mods. You’ll have to find them on the add on releases forums. Good luck!

1 hour ago, 53miner53 said:

edit: found download links for KWS and mouse aim flight, but I’m not sure what mod Enterprise is. I can only find Star Trek mods.

Try ACA(Aircraft Carrier Accessories) and CVx(Carrier Vessel expansion) one of them has it. Both are on CKAN. Also, since we are using the BDA Dev, you will need the KWS dev as well. The KWS dev isnt on spacedock. Only github, and the fourm.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Thanks! Really appreciate you doing that for people like me who belong outside in the wilderness, not on computers! Haaa

I can’t get any of this stuff to download

I could download the individual mods, but I’m concerned that may not work if they are different versions to what you have

8 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

I obviously have no idea, but can’t you just save the whole KSP with mods to the google drive or something?

3 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

I can’t get any of this stuff to download

I could download the individual mods, but I’m concerned that may not work if they are different versions to what you have

I obviously have no idea, but can’t you just save the whole KSP with mods to the google drive or something?

With most mods, we could do that, but some of them probably have sharing in that format banned. Just download the latest version. 

I need to remove BDA from the .ckan so we can use the dev version. Sorry! 

10 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

With most mods, we could do that, but some of them probably have sharing in that format banned. Just download the latest version. 

I need to remove BDA from the .ckan so we can use the dev version. Sorry! 

So I’ve just watched a load of tutorials and downloaded CKAN to my KSP 1.3.0.1804 is this correct? What is my next step 

7 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

So I’ve just watched a load of tutorials and downloaded CKAN to my KSP 1.3.0.1804 is this correct? What is my next step 

Download the .ckan, and make sure you know where it is. Then click on file at the top right corner of the CKAN window, and find “install from .ckan”, click on it, and find and open the .ckan

12 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Download the .ckan, and make sure you know where it is. Then click on file at the top right corner of the CKAN window, and find “install from .ckan”, click on it, and find and open the .ckan

Ok awesome! Did you remove BD and add the Dev version?

also is it easy to add more mods? Noticed we didn’t have airplane plus, also hanger extender might be useful for large craft

Edited by FlightSergeantMatt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.