From Spain returning to the space

Quijote

Hello, I'm back in space
I just re-installed this magnificent game and I want to resume my space adventures, although I'll have to start over again. I've forgotten almost everything :(
I want to make flights of maximum realism, so I ask you some information of mods to achieve this goal
Thanks, and excuse my awful English.

Regards!.

1 hour ago, Quijote said:

Hello, I'm back in space
I just re-installed this magnificent game and I want to resume my space adventures, although I'll have to start over again. I've forgotten almost everything :(
I want to make flights of maximum realism, so I ask you some information of mods to achieve this goal
Thanks, and excuse my awful English.

Regards!.

Welcome back to the forums!

If you're looking for maximum realism, I recommend Realism Overhaul and its associated mods. Although, if you've forgotten most things I recommend holding off on installing that particular set of mods, since they make the game much harder than it already is.

Also, your English is anything but awful. I swear, every time someone apologizes for their English here they have nothing to apologize for.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

Welcome back, @Quijote.

Real solar system along with RO as Incongruous Goat mentions are the most popular realism mods.  Forgetting everything is probably a good thing if you are getting into these mods as there is a steep learning curve.

2 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Also, your English is anything but awful. I swear, every time someone apologizes for their English here they have nothing to apologize for.

While an international member may spell and use grammar correctly some of the convolutions of English and it's derivatives can intimidate non native speakers.  Don't worry about that either, mate, even the difference between Australian and US is profound but nothing to worry about - "I am rooted in physics." (US/UK) means something totally different in Australia.  

You will find this is an international community and we do our best to understand each other.

18 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Welcome back to the forums!

Thanks all

If you're looking for maximum realism, I recommend Realism Overhaul and its associated mods. Although, if you've forgotten most things I recommend holding off on installing that particular set of mods, since they make the game much harder than it already is.

At the moment I'm playing the tutorials, to refresh procedures, then I'll start with the mods and later I hope to collaborate something with the community, I still do not know how to

15 hours ago, James Kerman said:

@James Kerman

You will find this is an international community and we do our best to understand each other.

That is very true, at least that is how I perceived it in my previous stage in the forum

Edited by Quijote

• 2 weeks later...

Worry not, you have a compatriota right here so we can slaughter Shakespeare's language together!

And yeah, KSP is one of those games you come back to. Just like the Deus Ex: every time you talk about it, someone somewhere can't resist the need to replay it.

Have a good one!

Edited by Kermagerd
Typo detected.

Hi all.  I have some doubts about MODS, Give me a hand please.

I'm running 64-bit KSP in Debian Testing (64 bits).

My doubts:

- Kronal Vessel Viewer seems not work. I read that it only does with the 32-bit version (that my team does not go) is that true or some knows any solution?

- Someone has installed CKAN in Liinux and can help mi with this.  An alternative for the MODS issue only manual is valid.

- Which way of life support is more recommended USI or TAC?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Quijote said:

Kronal Vessel Viewer seems not work. I read that it only does with the 32-bit version (that my team does not go) is that true or some knows any solution?

If you start your game from steam and you have a 64bit os it should run KSP_x64.exe but you can run KSP in 32bit (your  performance will drop) by going to the KSP folder (for windows it's usually in c:program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/kerbal space program and start the game by double clicking KSP.exe.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:57 AM, Quijote said:

- Which way of life support is more recommended USI or TAC?

USI would be preferable, as it is simple yet still adds the challenge of having life support to your game.

TAC is good if you want completely realistic life support.

Don't get me wrong, TAC is really good, but it is a little difficult is all.

Edited by JK_Kerbineer
Grammar

On 1.12.2017 at 2:57 PM, Quijote said:

I'm running 64-bit KSP in Debian Testing (64 bits).

Hola !

I'm running it on Debian Buster as well in 64 bit, slightly modded. No problems encountered.

Oh, i should say i don't use CKAN, the only one who updates anything on my pc am i.

Sancho :-)

Edited by Green Baron

One extra step that can be taken after installing Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul, is Principia. It gives proper n-body physics to KSP.

This sounds scarier than it is. Mostly it works very similar except you can make all those crazy orbits impossible under normal KSP physics.

lagrange points for one.

slide_15.jpg

You can properly recreate all those missions like Voyager etc because the craft will act like it should.

I would suggest getting used to RSS and RO first, they add a lot of different stuff compared to stock sized system.

It is mostly the same, but different enough to be very interesting.

16 hours ago, John FX said:

One extra step that can be taken after installing Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul, is Principia. It gives proper n-body physics to KSP.

This sounds scarier than it is. Mostly it works very similar except you can make all those crazy orbits impossible under normal KSP physics.

lagrange points for one.

slide_15.jpg

You can properly recreate all those missions like Voyager etc because the craft will act like it should.

I would suggest getting used to RSS and RO first, they add a lot of different stuff compared to stock sized system.

It is mostly the same, but different enough to be very interesting.

It sounds very challenging, but I'm still very green for flights like that :(
Thank you very much for the information

18 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Oh, i should say i don't use CKAN, the only one who updates anything on my pc am i.

Sancho :-)

:)That's right, but being new to Linux and KSP sometimes gets complicated

1 hour ago, Quijote said:

It sounds very challenging, but I'm still very green for flights like that :(
Thank you very much for the information

To be honest the biggest challenge is going to RSS/RO. Principia just makes things work how you imagine they should in RL which allows things like ballistic captures etc

I would suggest easing into it all at your own pace. Maybe just go RSS, then add RO when you are used to the scale. Add extra realism as and when you feel like it until you are happy.

That's the main thing, getting enjoyment from the game.

12 hours ago, John FX said:

That's the main thing, getting enjoyment from the game.

That's right ;), and that's easy if one does not take on too many challenges.
Thanks to the community for your advice and welcome

On 3/12/2017 at 1:02 AM, John FX said:

Sorry I can't find see Principia. Can you tell mu a link.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, Quijote said:

Sorry I can't find see Principia. Can you tell mu a link.

Thanks

It is not on CKAN.

You can find it here

Just install it like any other mod (put the folder into GameData) although I would suggest that you read the documentation very carefully as it changes some things (like making a manoeuvre node and how the map works) which are quite important.

As I say, I would get used to RSS and RO first if you do not want too many changes at once.

4 hours ago, John FX said:

You can find it here

Just install it like any other mod (put the folder into GameData) although I would suggest that you read the documentation very carefully as it changes some things (like making a manoeuvre node and how the map works) which are quite important.

As I say, I would get used to RSS and RO first if you do not want too many changes at once.

Thank you very much for the link and especially for the tips

On 7/12/2017 at 9:59 PM, Mrcarrot said:

Welcome back!

(I'm afraid I don't go back that far on the forums, so I've never seen you before)

Hello!

I do not write much in forums and when I did it was in Spanish
Thanks for your welcome and greetings

• 2 weeks later...