Career Contract Advice

DC

I'm looking for some advice on how the 'Kerbin World-Firsts' contracts work and how important they are to playing in Career Mode ? Should I let them guide how I try to progress in Career Mode or should I just go do my own thing ? If I achieve something for a contract that hasn't yet come up is there a disadvantage ?

Greetings @DC and welcome to the forums.  You will lose out on essentially free money (the science reward is not as important) in early career if you ignore world firsts and this will slow your ability to upgrade the facilities at KSC.  In turn it will limit the science upgrades if you have heaps of science but no cash to upgrade RnD.  While you will get paid for doing something the first time anyway it's better to get paid twice.

I tend to start 'playing my own game' once I go interplanetary because by then I got the parts I want and I don't see the point of going to another planet just to do a flyby.  Sometimes I get lucky and once I've achieved the flyby reward I go back to mission control and see the next world first is "orbit said planet" but that is rare.

Edited by James Kerman
Edited for grammar