John FX

Once you see it you can never not see it

1aBdKjD.png

Does anyone else see the orange ball monster hiding behind the VAB throwing an asteroid onto that poor unsuspecting kerbal?

No, no...it's obviously in the foreground.

It's the ghost of the previous kerbal ground handler, and the two brighter dots are his batons. There's not actually a spaceship on the runway, they're just attempting an exorcism.

I hate to be the voice of reason, because I am really enjoying the humorous answers in this thread, but isn't it just suppose to be lens flare?

Edited by Ty Tan Tu

I know exactly what it is...

The Kraken's Bane. A creature that evolved to hunt Krakens.

What I see is a completely baffled orange monster whose jaw dropped on the floor.

Edited by MinimalMinmus

9 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

I hate to be the voice of reason, because I am really enjoying the humorous answers in this thread, but isn't it just suppose to be lens flare?

Generally to see lens flare, you also need to see the light source in order for that to flare inside the lens.

Although just because it cannot be does not mean it is not supposed to be...

I've seen it. Meaning the face and the eyes, euhm, 'monster' apparently :P 

But you added the monster throwing asteroid (Mun) on the poor kerbal part. This was a good laugh lol.

He (poor Kerbal) is using the glow sticks as a traffic warden to instruct the Monster where to aim the Moon. Either that or he's conducting a Armageddon inspired sad song in front of a crowd that are awaiting the upcoming doom. That probably didn't/doesn't happen as it is not in the freaking pic, just my theory though.

First time I saw it I thought Mothra (in the caterpillar stage). You youngsters can google it.

On 11/17/2017 at 7:38 PM, John FX said:

1aBdKjD.png

Does anyone else see the orange ball monster hiding behind the VAB throwing an asteroid onto that poor unsuspecting kerbal?

Yup. From the very beginning I saw that picture I saw the monster, like a huge Space Baby crawling over the horizon, but not the meteor being thrown.

What space baby?! Those are obviously the twin suns of Tattooine, and the Kerbal is a Sith dual-wielding red lightsabers. 

Edited by Haruspex

Is that the Kraken? What if the Kraken is not a Squid/Octopus, just a ghost blob god.

What I find even more terrifying is the 11260 Module Manager patches!  I thought I was getting bloated at around 300... :wink:

5 hours ago, boccelounge said:

What I find even more terrifying is the 11260 Module Manager patches!  I thought I was getting bloated at around 300... :wink:

Notice that loading is nowhere near finished. The final number is over 46,000...