Best Shuttle?

RW-1

Well, after playing for stock so long, I decided to add a challenge and go ASET IVA, love the instrumentation and the cameras!

Added mechjeb for boring automated stuff, plus I hate when you have inactive stuff in your new IVA panel :) , but lets face it, NASA flys by computer, do why not at this point?  :)

Ok, so then I found CXA Aerospace aprts, love the APAS, etc. But ...

I have no shuttle and arm to go really build up a station, I was "Launching" parts by using rnv cheat to place 150m and then docking, but witht eh realism of the parts and ASET IVA, I'd like to go for a real time station assembly as the new way to enjoy myself.

Current mods installed in 1.3.1:

ASET, CxAerospace, RPM, mechjeb, DPAI, prob control room, SCANsat, and vessel view.

Any recommendations? 
I know for most I'l lbe adding more dependancies, but with to give this a shot.

Thanks beforehand.

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Space shuttle system mod ...

Nice mod!

Questions, more of a use than issues.  1.3.1 ...

In IVA, not seeing mechjeb, latest installed, same for vessel viewer.

I finally decided on this shuttle to construct my station, and am using cxaerospace parts. I'm kinda proud of myself getting latest versions of the dependencies installed and working, I have control of the robotics arm, and no issues putting the STS together.

- But how do I go about attaching the cxaero parts to the bay?  It doesn't want to align and attach.

- Do I use the cxaero grapple or the one that comes with the canadarm?

- Can I use the APAS from Cxaero as well? I note the default APAS attached to the docking parts included witht he mod, but nothing separate I can attach to modules, or I'm blind ...  :)

That's enough to chew on for now, launching Unity this PM .... hehehe ...

UPDATE: Well strike that, don't know why, but now when on the pad, hn physics eases in I blow up, and the error is related to SSTUreflectionprobe ...

I'm not sure how to correct this.

SSTU has one-part shuttle or two. It also has some cool station parts and command modules and lots of customization. You can have a red station if you'd like, custom tanks, lots of new solar panels, etc. SSTU is designed to provide fully featured vessels with minimal part count.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.