RIP Malcolm Young, AC/DC guitarist and cofounder, 1953-2017

StrandedonEarth

AC/DC co-founder and guitarist Malcolm Young died early today after a long battle with dementia. He was 64. Another great rocker from my youth down. 

Thanks for all the great pounding tunes.

I hear him ringing Hell's Bell's....

I'm really surprised this hadn't been posted yet.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

37 minutes ago, monstah said:

Three replies?

Yeah, I found the response to be lacking. Maybe not enough people recognized the name *runs to edit title*

AC/DC is one of my favourite bands, which is probably obvious since most of the clips linked in my signature have AC/DC songs as the soundtrack 

F

18 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Not sure who this guy is, but still a loss. RIP

He was the cofounder and rhythm guitarist of the Aussie hard rock band AC/DC. He also wrote many or most of their songs. He was usually lost in the shadows behind brother Angus and original lead singer Bon Scott (who was replaced by Brian Johnson when Bon died after “a night out in London”)

Malcolm’s Rhythm guitar is what you’d be pumping your fist or banging your head to

1 hour ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Not sure who this guy is, but still a loss. RIP

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

He was the cofounder and rhythm guitarist of the Aussie hard rock band AC/DC. He also wrote many or most of their songs. He was usually lost in the shadows behind brother Angus and original lead singer Bon Scott (who was replaced by Brian Johnson when Bon died after “a night out in London”)

Malcolm’s Rhythm guitar is what you’d be pumping your fist or banging your head to

In the video I shared, he is the guy with the huge white guitar - that's almost as big as  he is!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.