Billy-Bobgel learns a valuable lesson today

bsalis

Todays lesson is Spaceplanes - in pictures!

First successful Munar landing and return to Kerbin. Billy-Bodgel Kerbin is proud. Was planning a landing at KSC, but Nature Called.

7773684666_2f4450f760_b.jpg

Oh noes. What just happened! Billy-Bodgel lost his footing and has hit the deck.

7773686184_95564ee7ab_b.jpg

Something has been missed. That's right. THE HANDBRAKE!!!

7773687780_9de731753f_b.jpg

Just another day at the Kerbal Space Program.

7773690878_1928fbac8d_b.jpg

If this happens again, change focus to the ship, and you can right-click to retract the landing gear (even with no crew in it!) which will stop it in its tracks. True story!

(this is a glitch that allows right-click controls on engines, fuel tanks and the like without crew in a ship, or even on debris)

After something similar happened to me, I too build my planes now so that they can rest on the ground with their gear retracted. Also, I've started putting kickstands on my rovers.

8QmSS.png

The one on the left looks cooler, but can't be fitted on top of a rocket. :( The one on the right is functional on Mun, but the operator has to jump on and off the platform because there's no way to fit a ladder.

After something similar happened to me, I too build my planes now so that they can rest on the ground with their gear retracted. Also, I've started putting kickstands on my rovers.

8QmSS.png

The one on the left looks cooler, but can't be fitted on top of a rocket. :( The one on the right is functional on Mun, but the operator has to jump on and off the platform because there's no way to fit a ladder.

But you can just press B and it puts on a hand break, does it not?

N is the brake for the cart, but it's the kind that only is applied while you hold the key down. Neither V nor B seem to do anything.

Incidentally, I just discovered that both of the Kerbals in my cars picture were Willin Kerman. :)

Hmm, I wonder if the parking brake is in the part and not the cart plugin then? The small cart I use has B for brake and N toggles the parking brake, and yes, it actually works. That's the small cart from here though -> http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/7854-PLUGIN-PART-0-14-Carts-v1-32-M%C3%BCn-Rover-RCS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.