What Platform do you hhave KSP on?

The Man Myth and Legend

I also got the Steam version.
Almost everyone runs this game on PC.

There are a few weirdos all platform ksp lovers, and so some have a Xbox copy besides their pc version.
They're the minority though. Most that haven't gotten the pc version desperately want it on pc but don't have the money for better pc hardware so they play on console as they usually already own one.

If everyone had the money for a good pc and we're all informed on the differences and modability on the pc version then I bet the console version of KSP would currently have next to zero sales. Meaning more next to zero then it does now :P 

Check the total post count in Technical Support (PlayStation 4, XBox One) to see my point. Last reply was more then a week ago (12 nov)          

The platform that works. :) I downloaded into files instead of steam, and haven’t swapped as I prefer the more accessible files, no forced updates, and the only one click necessary to launch. I’m also glad because if I saw the hours played, it would probably send me into a spiral of depression. :D

PC, but I'm not gonna take the opportunity to take a jab at console users like most will.

PC master race is so late 90's, we all love video games, and KSP. Who cares what machine you play it on. Plenty of PC users are stock elitists who don't use mods anyways.

We won't even get into the fact that PS4/Xboxone are prolly twice as powerful as some of the potato PC's people play on. Don't see anyone ragging on those guys though?

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

The platform that works. :) I downloaded into files instead of steam, and haven’t swapped as I prefer the more accessible files, no forced updates, and the only one click necessary to launch. I’m also glad because if I saw the hours played, it would probably send me into a spiral of depression. :D

Which files can you not access with the Steam version? You can opt out of updates on Steam, & you can also launch the game straight through the exe if you want to.

It will always keep up with your hours played though. :wink: But if you dont know that, then how are you gonna brag on the forum about how many hours you have in game? :D

31 minutes ago, RX2000 said:

Which files can you not access with the Steam version? You can opt out of updates on Steam, & you can also launch the game straight through the exe if you want to.

It will always keep up with your hours played though. :wink: But if you dont know that, then how are you gonna brag on the forum about how many hours you have in game? :D

I don’t really know much about steam version, I have a friend who said he couldn’t get mods to work on it though. 

I’ll make the hard sacrifice of bragging for my sanity. :D

As a reminder, let's try to avoid disparaging each other's choice of hardware. Whether we're on Mac OS or Linux, Xbox or Playstation, we're all here because we love KSP. Most of the time. :)

I'm running the game on Windows 10, through the Steam store. I'll probably pick up a copy for my PS4 once the patch goes live. 

I run KSP, purchased direct from the web site (no Steam) on Linux.

On my desktop (Core2Quad 2.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, SSD, nVidia GTX750) I have Kubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, likely to be switched over to Ubuntu MATE 16.04.3 LTS over Christmas.

My laptop (Core i7 dual core 2.9 GHz, overdrive to 3.4 GHz on demand, 8 GB RAM, platter drive, on-board Intel graphics) currently runs Ubuntu MATE 16.04.3 LTS, and my experience with that is what is (finally) prompting me to switch the desktop machine.

I've got the GoG version, playing on Linux Mint.  PC for the mouse (and now ability to mod), GoG for the DRM-free.

On 11/20/2017 at 12:58 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

PC, but I'm not gonna take the opportunity to take a jab at console users like most will.

I've been mainly a console gamer.  But really platform depends on the type of game.  I'd almost exclusively played FPS games, which work quite well with a controller.  However, now that I have a real non-potato computer, I have been playing a bit of Portal and Borderlands with a mouse, and I'm getting used to it.

Some games I just can't fathom how they work on a console.  KSP is one of them.  Starcraft being another.  I don't think I'd be able to handle it.   I just think some types of games work better with a mouse.  Some work better on a console.

You get the stupid elitists between consoles, and PCs as well.  Shamefully, I used to be one of them.  I can't tell you how many times people would try to convince me that Playstation was better than Xbox.

Them: Bah, The Playstation is way better than stupid Xbox!  It has (insert garbled technobabble they didn't actually understand).

Me: Can it play Halo?

Them: Uh, No...

Me: Well then.

It really sucks that the console version is currently broken.  Hopefully the new port will be nice. (Unless it's out - I haven't checked).  If that's how you roll, more power to ya!

13 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

On my desktop (Core2Quad 2.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM, SSD, nVidia GTX750) I have Kubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, likely to be switched over to Ubuntu MATE 16.04.3 LTS over Christmas.

I haven't tried MATE on Ubuntu.  If I ever run a desktop Ubuntu, I'll definitely go MATE.  I think the Unity DE is ugly and insanely cumbersome.  I started with Cinnamon on Linux Mint, switched to MATE initially for performance reasons on my laptop, but now I think it's more friendly than Cinnamon.  MATE is a really nice DE for utilitarians like myself.  

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

Starcraft being another.

My memories of playing Starcraft as a kid consist entirely of playing it on Nintendo 64.

The FPS was...atrocious...like a slideshow.

I'll never forget how the entire game would lock up for like 5 seconds whenever the Zerg were about to attack. All those "move" commands and the resulting path finding bringing the poor little 64 to it's knees. Still; My memories of it are mostly fond. I guess at the end of the day, a crappy port is better than no port, at least I got to play it.

Macintosh here.  I was a PC user, but my PC died and I had a mac handy for work reasons.  It turned out to be surprisingly comfortable and capable.  Still I will probably go PC again someday so I can use my better video card.

Edited by Corona688

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.