[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond Development Thread [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

TheProtagonists

Updates:

1. Due to a 'small' problem of pixelated terrains, the creation of heightmaps has been slowed down, but it will speed up soon as the problem is being investigated...

2. I have created a Google Sheets for sciencedefs that anyone can contribute to! Click HERE to view and edit, and again, I appreciate your help very much!

Good luck with the scale of the mod. Jesus.

Also, your pixelated terrains might be the result of lowered texture res in the options, or god-forbid running out of RAM.

Just realized, Some of these planets remind me of US2 planets.

Edited by kjack1111

14 hours ago, kjack1111 said:

Good luck with the scale of the mod. Jesus.

Also, your pixelated terrains might be the result of lowered texture res in the options, or god-forbid running out of RAM.

Just realized, Some of these planets remind me of US2 planets.

Eh, KSS has way bigger scale in all aspects, so I feel like my project isn't that impossibly unachievable...

and I think 16GB RAM is enough for an endeavor like this... right?

On 11/19/2017 at 1:57 PM, TheProtagonists said:

This mod will add 100 bodies in a cluster orbiting far from Kerbol.

This is a very big plan you have here. KSS, for example, has been in development for a couple years and has reached 100 bodies a few months ago, so good luck with that :P

The mod still looks pretty good, and I hope for the best :)

Update: The 'small problems' have been solved thanks to the help from Kopernicus Discord!

So hopefully the texture progress will speed up again...

INTERMISSION:

The inner layout of the Eon system has been made:

1bX45lc.png

Kestrel's orbit might move outward depends on the size of Newell's ring...

Edited by TheProtagonists

6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. Carry on.

Ah, thanks!

Now ignoring whatever was going on...

wDI35s0.png

VdkHfsc.png

Here's Heimdallr - a tropical moon! I insist that those yellow regions are elaborate beaches and not deserts.

Also, I just realised how messy the entire system looks like with stars' orbits on... might just make them invisible.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:30 PM, TheProtagonists said:

Please clap for the final world in the Inner Dawn System: Paradise

I clapped. Honestly. This looks amazing.

I'm quite speechless about the speed at which you roll these out. And their quality. I have quite demanding tastes when it comes to planet packs, but these planets satisfy them completely. Keep it up!

5 hours ago, MarethyuGamer said:

I clapped. Honestly. This looks amazing.

I'm quite speechless about the speed at which you roll these out. And their quality. I have quite demanding tastes when it comes to planet packs, but these planets satisfy them completely. Keep it up!

Thank you! *flooded by compliments*

New textures in the Eon System:

WnUzr3E.png

Wallnut (not walnut)

QysdplI.png

Everest, has a very high terrain deformity

I quick Question... Which is definetly not quick at all. What program do you use to create the colourmap of the planets? Do you use the automatic landcontrol feature or do you custom colour your worlds? If you custom colour them, is it OK of you to provide a bit of insight so that I too can replicate and make beautiful and brilliant planets just like you?

Thank you for your time, and have a great day :)

Edited by Planetace

22 hours ago, TheSystem said:

Insane work, will this be able to be incorporated with other world packs like GPP, also, can this be used with GalacticNeighborhood to connect these worlds throughout many galaxies?

any pack that doesn't reparent Kerbin (only replace stock system/add system orbiting the Sun) should be good, the only extra work I need to do is scatterer compatibility.

GN on the other hand is more complicated, for now there's only the Dawn, but if I decided to add another system not orbiting Dawn, things could get tricky... But eventually this will be done

12 hours ago, Galacticvoyager said:

I quick Question... Which is definetly not quick at all. What program do you use to create the colourmap of the planets? Do you use the automatic landcontrol feature or do you custom colour your worlds? If you custom colour them, is it OK of you to provide a bit of insight so that I too can replicate and make beautiful and brilliant planets just like you?

I make a black and white heightmap first and use photoshop's gradient map (image > adjustments > gradient map) to color the heightmap into the colormap. After Effect's colorama also works.

Edited by TheProtagonists
I can't grammar

8 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

any pack that doesn't reparent Kerbin (only replace stock system/add system orbiting the Sun) should be good, the only extra work I need to do is scatterer compatibility.

I think there might be a slight issue when trying to use it with GPP, because it uses cbNameLater in two configs, which I think makes all planet packs loaded afterwards think Sun is called Ciro and Kerbin is called Gael, not just visually but also internally. I might be talking out of my bottom here, but I know some other planet packs didn't work with GPP until I deleted that line.

Though even if I'm right it's just a matter of adding a config loading if GPP is detected that parents the stars over Ciro instead of Sun. More of something to keep it mind than a problem. 

Edited by MarethyuGamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.