[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond Development Thread [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

TheProtagonists

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Ignore this post if you are, but for your bodies with liquid seas/oceans are you including a Land Mask in your Alpha Channel of the main colour map texture (land as solid black, liquid as solid white)?

I don't exactly have masks for colormaps themselves (or maybe I do and I just don't know that exact term)

but yes, the lands have no alpha and only oceans have alpha, so if viewed directly from a image viewer, lands will be all black.

21 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

I don't exactly have masks for colormaps themselves (or maybe I do and I just don't know that exact term)

but yes, the lands have no alpha and only oceans have alpha, so if viewed directly from a image viewer, lands will be all black.

I’m confused by this. You WANT your lands to be black?

You want your land masses in your textures to have transparency while your ocean is completely opaque, resulting in shiny oceans and matte land masses when seen in KSP. That’s what poodmund is trying to say.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I’m confused by this. You WANT your lands to be black?

You want your land masses in your textures to have transparency while your ocean is completely opaque, resulting in shiny oceans and matte land masses when seen in KSP. That’s what poodmund is trying to say.

Well... that is what I'm trying to say

But the background of my image viewer is black so I mistook that as the color, and the landmasses are actually transparent

Rolling out all the moons of Shima in a while...

Here are the first two:

Pooh - a forest world, except that there are no terrain scatters right now so no actual trees...

2zK2QLs.png

soMgczz.png

p1IjTNJ.png

Cranell - a sub-habitable world with a cool symbol shaped on it

except that this symbol serves nothing but a unique biome because it's just a cool photoshop brush I found

nrhSRev.png

zz6WEuZ.png

7PeMTb1.png

12 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

Cranell - a sub-habitable world with a cool symbol shaped on it

except that this symbol serves nothing but a unique biome because it's just a cool photoshop brush I found

zz6WEuZ.png

That formation... ALIENS!

Also "sub-habitable"

Looks like someone's read the Habitability Index I wrote on the KSS Wiki :D

Edited by Greatness101

3 hours ago, EricL said:

This mod is turning into spaceplane heaven now, is it? Literally a treasure trove of habitable planets

That should be common knowledge already. :wink: There are so many Kerbin-like bodies it should be cause for concern.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That should be common knowledge already. :wink: There are so many Kerbin-like bodies it should be cause for concern.

It would be a cause  for concern to me if it was at the cost of worse non-habitable planets, but... Just look at this adorable, pastel navball floating through space :3

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This planet pack already has almost as many habitable bodies as KSS, and KSS has a lot of habitable bodies. :P

7 hours ago, EricL said:

This mod is turning into spaceplane heaven now, is it? Literally a treasure trove of habitable planets

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That's sort of the point the Traverse System exists :wink:

So I can eventually make a storyline that is a poorly disguised excuse on why there are so many Kerbin-like/Terra/Habitable/Friendly/Whateveryoucallit worlds

3 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

Annnnnd... that's the last one...

All 83 heightmaps are finally finished!

and only about 20 of them need to be colored!...

4EDnWG6.png

if you squint really hard you might be able to image what they look like

I can barely see them, but I did notice you made the height maps with the white polar caps still there? Won’t your polar caps now be super tall on the surface? :/  I did that once and it turned out pretty awful and yours are very bright. I suspect they are really tall.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I can barely see them, but I did notice you made the height maps with the white polar caps still there? Won’t your polar caps now be super tall on the surface? :/  I did that once and it turned out pretty awful and yours are very bright. I suspect they are really tall.

hmmm... that's a good point that I somehow didn't take into consideration...

But it doesn't seems to be that catastrophic and I should be able to fix them without a lot of changes.

That will be done, and thank you for pointing it out!

1 hour ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

When will this be avalible

Coming soonTM before:

Valve releases something with "3" in it

Firefly Season 2

Intel names a architecture without the word "Lake"

Your favorite anime gets season 3

Bitcoin crashes and goes up again to six figures

The Rapture

Heat death of the universe

10 minutes ago, TheProtagonists said:

Coming soonTM before:

Valve releases something with "3" in it

Firefly Season 2

Intel names a architecture without the word "Lake"

Your favorite anime gets season 3

Bitcoin crashes and goes up again to six figures

The Rapture

Heat death of the universe

So

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Years from now

Edited by Jeb's Fireworks Guy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.