[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond Development Thread [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

TheProtagonists

Is anyone here?

If so, here are some planet ideas:

Dawn system

Oblivion system

Memphis - A massive , dry and dense gas giant that behaves slightly like a brown dwarf. (Analogue of HIP 65426 b)

-Detox - A large water-ice moon with a lot of methane lakes and a thick ammonia atmosphere, primarily the reason why Memphis has so little ices.

-Hypo - A captured blue asteroid with an extreme orbital eccentricity on the order of 0.97943 and an orbital period of 48 years.

Traverse system

Ascension system

-Maya - A cold rocky planet which used to be in Ascension's habitable zone. It had a past civilisation. There are signs of that civilisation everywhere on the planet. It has a small ring.

Wall system

Eon system

Barrier system

-Curiosity - A barren, dry but hellish planet rich in iron and other heavy metals orbiting Barrier in a moderately eccentric orbit. Has a lot of auroras.

Edited by ILoveStars

On 12/13/2018 at 6:23 AM, ILoveStars said:

Is anyone here?

If so, here are some planet ideas:

These are cool ideas, but I already have a large scale road map for adding celestials, therefore it is very unlikely that I will use any planetary system suggestions at the current stage of the mod.

6 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Hey is wall the most left star on that pic?

and I think Barrier needs some planets.

I'm assuming that you haven't even played this mod, so please don't judge everything just by the screenshots.

TWB is not KSS, and is NOT meant to be a realistic mod, so please understand that.

• 2 weeks later...

Some larger adjustments on more than half of the current planets have been taking place, most important part being the actual terrain of planets.

Many worlds look boringly flat, so I have been increasing their terrain deformity to get better mountains, valleys and other whatnots. Hopefully this would result in good screenshots when the amazing scatterer update rolls around.

Also, for some reason Mirage only 3 biomes, which is unacceptable and I have made a new biome map that gives it 9 proper biomes.

Finally, a rather big oversight on some planets is that their normalmaps are terribly strong, thankfully they look much better now!

Example: Everest

BEFORE

6LUMnx4.jpg

AFTER

mUyTUoG.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.