[1.6.1 | 1.5.1 | 1.4.5 | 1.3.1] The World Beyond Development Thread [v1.1.1 - 2018-10-31]

TheProtagonists

• 2 weeks later...

epHOx3Y.jpg

After some "minor" setbacks we are back in development again!

here is one of the tree giant antenna that will be bundled with this mod, texture is courtesy of the great zzz

Edit: nerfed this antenna to 40Tm, and plan to edit some of the color...

Edited by TheProtagonists

more updates:

all terrain textures' path have been updated in accordance to CTTP 1.0.2

it also seems like TWB works flawlessly on kopernicus 1.4.3-2, EVE 1.4.2-2 and scatterer 0.331b

I am ambitiously hoping that the initial release will happen this month

On 5/12/2018 at 7:49 PM, TheProtagonists said:

more updates:

all terrain textures' path have been updated in accordance to CTTP 1.0.2

it also seems like TWB works flawlessly on kopernicus 1.4.3-2, EVE 1.4.2-2 and scatterer 0.331b

I am ambitiously hoping that the initial release will happen this month

Awesome! I'm very interested in trying this out. But I understand, no promises.

Sunflare time!

again, huge thanks to JadeOfMaar for allowing me to use those magnificent creations

Dawn

SHfK196.png

Oblivion, where it's just enough to see its' ring/disc

EiuZxR7.png

Eon, as seen from Newell

HxDKfAH.png

This is Traverse and Fragment from a reasonably near distance

0OLHCJD.png

oh, did I mention Traverse comes with a nebula?

D2hcNXv.png

Ascension and Eternal, with Traverse nebula in the background

ybqEwL2.png

oh, and Barrier

bbNxwi8.png

8 hours ago, Nucleartaxi said:

Wow! How did you make that nebula and pulsar jets?

well, those texture themselves are just some liscense free images I edited (the nebula being NGC 5189)

they are implemented as scatterer sunflares, so it can be a bit buggy given their size.

All biome maps finished!

This means everything is almost go for the initial release which will hopefully happen tomorrow!

Final adjustments (read: two more parts and changing version numbers) are being made and a large amount of screenshots are also expected.

Yaaay! If my PC wasn't one single giant potato (by giant potato I mean 3 GB RAM potato), I may run this thing...

Anyway, I'm recreating some planet packs on another game, and may need to ask permission if I could recreate your mod for me to enjoy, since I love this pack soo much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!!

So, this planet pack looks beautiful... and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) play it. But, the only problem is, my game crashes every time I try to load up KSP. I am almost positive that I have installed the files correctly, but the problem still prevails. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with answers. 

KSP log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying log file removed by moderator]

Edited by Snark
Huge pasted log file removed by moderator

37 minutes ago, TheKerbalGigabyte said:

Hello!!

So, this planet pack looks beautiful... and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) play it. But, the only problem is, my game crashes every time I try to load up KSP. I am almost positive that I have installed the files correctly, but the problem still prevails. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with answers. 

KSP log:

[Gargantuan browser-destroying log file removed by moderator]

Hello, and welcome tot he forums!  :)

I'm sorry, but we've had to remove the log file from your post.  I know you meant well, but please never paste giant log files into the forum.  They cause horrible performance problems for browsers, and they're especially toxic to people on mobile devices, by eating up precious mobile data and potentially locking up browsers entirely.  Note that putting the log file into a spoiler section does not solve the problem, because the browser goes ahead and downloads the full contents of the spoiler even if the person reading never opens the spoiler.

Definitely do share log files-- they can be invaluable in helping people to diagnose problems.  Just, don't paste the log file content into the forum itself.  Instead, post it to some third-party file sharing site (like Dropbox or whatever-- there are many such sites around the internet), and then post a link to the file here in the forum.  That way, it doesn't inconvenience anyone, and only the people who actually want to download the file will get the content.

Thank you for your understanding, and I'm sorry we had to snip the log.  Again, welcome!  I think you'll enjoy it here-- there are a lot of friendly and helpful people.  :)

Hello!!

So, this planet pack looks beautiful... and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) play it. But, the only problem is, my game crashes every time I try to load up KSP. I am almost positive that I have installed the files correctly, but the problem still prevails. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with answers. Thanks in advance.

KSP log:

Log -- Paste.ee

(Thank you Snark)

9 hours ago, TheKerbalGigabyte said:

Hello!!

So, this planet pack looks beautiful... and I am really looking forward to (hopefully) play it. But, the only problem is, my game crashes every time I try to load up KSP. I am almost positive that I have installed the files correctly, but the problem still prevails. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with answers. Thanks in advance.

KSP log:

Log -- Paste.ee

It doesn't look like you installed it correctly...

You have put everything directly into GameData while they should be in a TheWorldBeyond folder.

the inside of TheWorldBeyond folder should look like this:

d1IDUWF.jpg

mwk5LfF.png

Are you making all of this by yourself,alone? If yes, then are you a magician? If no, then are you some Kerbal God of Creation?

EDIT: I like the description of each planet, they sound like poems.. You are putting some great detail in your work.. I am not  leaving my PC this weekend, not at all! :D

Edited by Nivee~

13 hours ago, TheKerbalGigabyte said:

Okay, I tried that, and... it didn't work. I am still getting the same error

Delete all the ModuleManager.ConfigSHA, ModuleManager.ConfigCache, ModuleManager.Physics, ModuleManager.TechTree, and restart the game. It will work. :)

Make a backup of all those files beforehand though..

On 6/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, TheKerbalGigabyte said:

Okay, I tried that, and... it didn't work. I am still getting the same error. Here is a screenshot of my GameData, and the WorldBeyond folder: 

https://imgur.com/u5XdY0S
https://imgur.com/l1lzs1S

And... the ksp.log:

https://paste.ee/p/AU4gv

It doesn't seem like you are running on 64 bit KSP.

Edited by TheProtagonists

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.