Any 80's kids in the house? Did I just imagine this on Transformers?

CatastrophicFailure

This thing has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days, I'm sure it was an 80's cartoon, probably Transformers (the original series), maybe G.I. Joe, maybe Transformers and G.I. Joe, or maybe something else entirely. Or maybe I just hallucinated it.

Anyways, it involves Yetis. Who mutated from llamas. Yes, the ill-tempered alpine pack animals.

I distinctly remember one of these llama-Yetis explaining his odd situation to one of the heroes:

"MOUNT HIMALAYA, (absolutely not with an S, singular) that's where it happened! Closer... I crept closer... and then...... I WENT CRAZY!"

A few scenes later his buddies chant it over again. 

Google tells me it does not exist. I found some fragmentary reference to a Joe/TF comic book that seems really close, but I saw this on TV.

Ring a bell for anyone? Am I just insane? Did some stray thought perhaps wander into my brain from a parallel dimension full of expository expectorating woolly humanoids???

im a 90s kid but to be fair i didnt get along with other 90s kids. im like 6 months too old to be considered a millennial. for example while everyone else was listening to grunge, i was mostly listening to 80s thrash and death metal. so i was a bit of a throwback. i knew dos while everyone else used windows, i owned a bunch of old lego sets from the 80s. didnt really like 80s cartoons, or any cartoons for that matter. on the other hand if it wasnt for the extreme metal explosion in '86, id have to write the 80s off as a terrible decade. 

Edited by Nuke

I was an 80's kid but didn't watch the show.  Here is a list of all GI Joe:A Real American Hero cartoons, 1983-1991:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G.I._Joe:_A_Real_American_Hero_episodes#Sunbow.2FMarvel_series_.281983.E2.80.931986.29
I had a scan through the plotlines with no result but many of them are just teasers.  Hope this helps.

Edited by James Kerman
Spelling correction

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.