Make The Mohole more realistic

I suggest to make the Mohole more like a real hole and not something weird that is it now, i was never been there but i see it in Videos.

my Idea is, to make it bigger at the end down so it isn't anymore a pyramide shaped thing. It needs to have a little flat bottom down there, to make possible to land with a vessel in it. But it should be not to big ( Kerbodyne and Rockomax will wedge 40m above the bottom from there a mk1 Spaceship is needed to land on the mohole surface.

But... but half the fun of the Mohole is its weirdness and glitching out Kerbals wedged at the bottom!

FYI the whole reason the Mohole is there is because there was a glitch/artifact* from the terrain generation that resulted in the super sharp and deep pit at the pole. Squad saw that people had fun messing around in it, so when they added biomes they gave it an official name in-game.

*If you look for them, there are similar (but perhaps less dramatic) features at the poles of other planets and moons in-game. On Kerbin there are seems that come together in a + sign (a bit hard to see, but not impossible) at the North pole (probably south too), which will cause many a Kerbal who steps there to go sideways and go poof. If I recall, both the Mun and Ike have pyramids at their north poles. Standing on them has similar results, though usually it's just the standing sideways. I don't know about the other bodies but I'd wager they have similar terrain glitches too

I dont know about the real story of the Mohole, but now it makes sense why it is so a weird thing (glitchy hole) at the ground.

i just started my Moho Rocket Project to travel there and return to Kerbin. 

I realized that i cannot reuse my Duna Rocket :huh: while i was in Transfer. I build now first a new Rocketsystem

12 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What. That does not make any sense. The Mohole is a glitch that was made into an official feature. It's not SUPPOSED to be realistic. That's the WHOLE POINT

Well, its a little buggy and glitchy sometimes, i geuss.

17 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

What. That does not make any sense. The Mohole is a glitch that was made into an official feature. It's not SUPPOSED to be realistic. That's the WHOLE POINT

I dont know about it's story, i know KSP less than a year!

But now i learned why the Mohole is so crazy, and it do not need to get fixed.

1 hour ago, SwissSpace93 said:

I dont know about it's story, i know KSP less than a year!

But now i learned why the Mohole is so crazy, and it do not need to get fixed.

Yeah, The charm of the Moho is just like Mario's minus world: a terrain that isn't even supposed to exist in the first place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.