Cool songs to play with KSP

Astromoo2

48 minutes ago, SiriusRocketry said:

I listen to Com Truise and M83 , depending on what I'm doing in the game at the time.

^^This.

My life is not finished with no M83.

I also like Pink Floyd and some Classic Music here and there.

14 minutes ago, A Soviet Tank said:

When you're landing or doing a difficult dock, crack on 'No Time For Caution' by Hans Zimmer to make it SUPER INTENSE!! 1!11!1!

And this^^

25 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

Two Steps From Hell have some good dramatic instrumental music. I think I've actually seen a few KSP videos on youtube using their music.

And this^^

Oh my Kod! The entire The Race for Space Album by Public Service Broadcasting! They've set actual news reports and mission control recordings of major historical spaceflight events to music.

Yes, it may seem a little strange as far as music goes at first, but once you've listened to their song "Go" while landing on the Mun or making your ejection burn on a big interplanetary mission, you'll never get chills the same way again.

Edited by Booots

I don't listen to music when playing ksp, but there are songs I've associated with certain events in the game:

Connie Allen - Rocket 69 when launching a rocket. It seems to be giving off a kind of comic optimism.

Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride during pod re-entry. I know it's odd, but the way the pod wobbles... I always end up thinking of this song.

Hair Soundtrack - Aquarius when landing passenger spaceplanes -especially large ones. Kind of ironic, since the song is about astrology, but eversince I heard this particular version during one of Carl Sagan's Cosmos episodes I pretty much fell in love with it.

Avatar Soundtrack - You don't dream in Cryo when entering Eve's orbit. I know, one would expect me to associate this with Laythe, but I consider Eve to be that siren, singing and calling you to land and stay -maybe forever :P

Dracula 2000 - The sun also rises in Moho's orbit -because of it's proximity to the sun and the additional heat coming with it :wink:

I don't know how many of them would be considered as cool -maybe none. Anyway, that's it :)

I haven't done this, but I should -- I have both of these on my hard disk.

I'm a little older than a lot of KSP players, and one of my favorite bands, Jethro Tull, dates back to the Apollo era.  Around 1969, they released a song titled "For Michael Collins, Jeffrey, and Me" -- referring, of course, to the man who was once the loneliest human in history while piloting the Apollo 11 Command Module, waiting in Lunar orbit for Armstrong and Aldrin to return from the surface of the Moon.  Much later, in 1984, they released another spaceflight related song, "Apogee".  Both of these would be very appropriate background music for KSP.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.