Planet/Star Remover Utility

Destructogaming

do you ever have that problem where your stars from your Modpacks have SOIs larger than their SMAs? (hyperedit is a cause)

well i have thought of a solution...

what if you could choose which celestial bodies to Completely hide, out of reach and out of view.

EDIT: i have figured out a far better way to do this.

it could be and external program, to edit planet orbits outside of the game (and i don't mean editing configs directly)

if someone could make a mod like this, i will greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Destructogaming
improved

Removing bodies from a planet pack can break it. That said, you can just delete or move the planet’s cfgs to a new folder. This will remove the planet from the game. And when you want the planet back, just put the cfgs back where you got them.

Edited by Galileo

6 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

i only want what i asked for, a way to add/remove certain objects ingame easily, to customize planet packs

Your comment was:

41 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

eg: someone who can recode the game itself)

Which is why I replied the way I did.

And @Galileo already answered you with the correct way to do it

4 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

Because removing a planet while having KSP started is like removing a wheel while you are driving

((ever heard of a three wheel car?))

a mod like i have described will allow people to mix and match what planets they want, combined with hyperedit or a similar tool, you could make a custom universe

EDIT: anyone could make a custom universe

grammar

3 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

If you remove a planet when the game is running, you will definitely get an ID 10 T error.

1 hour ago, Destructogaming said:

(eg: someone who can recode the game itself)

try and put two and two together...

and also, i do actualy know how to edit kopernicus configs, i just want a more simple way to do it.

9 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

anyone could make a custom universe

Then why haven't you made one to suit your needs then?

Seems to me that if anyone can do it that you would have done it already

9 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

((ever heard of a three wheel car?))

Yes actually, but do you know how difficult it is to change a tire whilst driving down the road?

That is the context of the comment you responded to

The people who replied above are the ones you want to talk to about this idea and if they tell you it ain't gonna work, well then it ain't gonna work

EDIT: Oh, by the way ... It doesn't work like that

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 minute ago, Destructogaming said:

a mod like i have described will allow people to mix and match what planets they want, combined with hyperedit or a similar tool, you could make a custom universe

EDIT: anyone could make a custom universe

That is already possible, you just have to do it properly. You can install multiple planet packs and modify them with Module Manager. In fact, this already has been done in Galactic Neighborhood by @Sigma88 which works pretty good.

With some good hardware, some time, and GN, you can get an installation featuring about 200 planets and some more stars. If you don't want to have the same bodies everyone else has, I will allow me a small self-advertisement here and recommend my own mod Planetary Diversity

What I want to say is, that all of this has been done already, and there is absolutely no need for removing planets at runtime. I am sure that someone could get that to work, but tricking KSP into spawning a body is hard enough, telling it to forget about it entirely is probably nothing anyone wants to spend time on.

8 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

That is already possible, you just have to do it properly. You can install multiple planet packs and modify them with Module Manager. In fact, this already has been done in Galactic Neighborhood by @Sigma88 which works pretty good.

With some good hardware, some time, and GN, you can get an installation featuring about 200 planets and some more stars. If you don't want to have the same bodies everyone else has, I will allow me a small self-advertisement here and recommend my own mod Planetary Diversity

What I want to say is, that all of this has been done already, and there is absolutely no need for removing planets at runtime. I am sure that someone could get that to work, but tricking KSP into spawning a body is hard enough, telling it to forget about it entirely is probably nothing anyone wants to spend time on.

i understand what you meant by that,  but i have had problems with galactic neighborhood and can't seem to fix them at all...

8 minutes ago, Thomas P. said:

there is absolutely no need for removing planets at runtime

sometimes, there are people who don't believe this statement

Just now, Destructogaming said:

sometimes, there are people who don't believe this statement

The truth doesn't care if you believe it or not, it just is

I'm curious as to why you don't believe what the above experts on the subject matter have told you (and yes, they are the experts in this matter)

Just now, DoctorDavinci said:

The truth doesn't care if you believe it or not, it just is

I'm curious as to why you don't believe what the above experts on the subject matter have told you (and yes, they are the experts in this matter)

i wanted to mix and match my own planet packs for my game (which very few actually do that)

4 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

i wanted to mix and match my own planet packs for my game (which very few actually do that)

So you want to do something that those in the know have told you is not likely to happen and if it were to happen it would be with great difficulty and would probably cause more problems than it solves, yet you choose not to believe them even though they are the ones who pioneered planet packs in KSP?

Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it true

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.