Planet/Star Remover Utility

Destructogaming

SO, lets recount here..... you have Galileo and Thomas P. both telling you it isn't feasible.... you have not been here long, so I'll let you know that if there was a feasible way of doing what you want, these guys would know...

Believe what you want... dream about it... fantasize about it... you can "keep waiting until someone can" until KSP is fossil... it will make no difference.

You have been given the currently available solutions / work-arounds.

If whatever deity you believe in came down (or up) to where you are at this very moment and told you it is next to impossible, and will not be done in the manner you suggest, you would still keep going wouldn't you?

@Destructogaming I believe I've already informed you that no one makes planet mods the way you want, and to get what you want you'll have to take the time, install them, and do the surgery for yourself. In addition, your problem of SOIs bigger than SMAs and HyperEdit issues can easily be solved by:

1. Don't use planet packs rated for KSP <1
  2. Don't use planet packs that need something other than Kopernicus to function
  3. Use Ksp 1.2 or older, where HyperEdit works better.

3 hours ago, Destructogaming said:

and also, i do actualy know how to edit kopernicus configs, i just want a more simple way to do it.

kittopia is the best youll ever get. and it's impossible to remove planets in game. thomas p himself said so...which is basically the final answer....

theoretical scenario: someone does in fact create a mod which allows you to do this. since ksp is written the way it is, it would have to be buggy and problematic at its absolute best. therefore, it would simply be more effective to edit configs themselves.

theoretical scenario #2: someone makes it not buggy somehow. the only circumstance in which this is possible is if someone completely rewrites ksp, like you said. the effort required to do this brings up the question: what kind of modder in their right mind would spend so much time and effort on something so able to be done so simply with out-of-game config editing?

keep looking all you like, you will find nothing.

i wanted to mix and match my own planet packs for my game (which very few actually do that)

this is quite incredibly easy. change SMAs where needed, and remove configs. what would be the point of so magnanimous an endeavour as a mod allowing you to do that ingame? especially if half of it (i.e. the orbit thing) is solved by kittopia already?

if you can't help me, that's absolutely fine... i'll just keep waiting until someone can

like i said, keep waiting. if thomas p cant, no one else can.

i understand what you meant by that,  but i have had problems with galactic neighborhood and can't seem to fix them at all...

that's interesting, haven't received a single bug report from you tho....

just saying

well... you are correct, but just about anything is possible... so i can choose to believe that.

Of course anything is possible; if you want to spend enough money and time to get it done.

Of course there are three wheeled cars, but they are designed for it.

So, you can wait until some crazy modder(not me) decides to waste time doing something which nobody else is going to use, or you can spend a little time and learn how to do it yourself properly.

I leave it to you to decide the best way to get done what you want.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

i have thought about this idea further,

if you could make an external program to edit planet orbits when the game isn't running, that would be even better.

the program loads the GameData file and searches for all config and other required documents for planets to work, and then displays the full list in which you can edit orbit stats, and more.

Edited by Destructogaming

1 hour ago, Destructogaming said:

i have thought about this idea further,

if you could make an external program to edit planet orbits when the game isn't running, that would be even better.

the program loads the GameData file and searches for all config and other required documents for planets to work, and then displays the full list in which you can edit orbit stats, and more.

don't you know any mods that might fit that description?

@Kopernicus:FOR[PlanetStarRemoverUtlity]
{
	!Body[Mun]{}
    !Body[Minmus]{}
    !Body[Duna]{}
    !Body[Ike]{}

//hooray, i deleted some planets.

Body
    {
    	name = a Star other than the sun
        Template
        {
        	name = Sun
        }
        Properties
        {
        	radius = 63710000
            geeASL = 77
            description = meh i think ill delete this
        }
        Orbit
        {
        	referenceBody = Sun
            semiMajorAxis = 10000000000
            eccentricity = 0.1
            inclination = 4
            color = 1,1,1,1
        }
    }
    !Body[a Star other than the sun]{}
    //!Body[Sun]{}
    //Can't do this bc the sun has to be the center of the universe
    //!Body[Eve]{}
    //Can't do this unless I delete or reparent Gilly. (In general you have to delete or reparent all moons of a planet that you delete)
    //!Body[Kerbin]{}
    //Can't do this because Kerbin has to be the homeworld. cbNameLater (old) and Properties/displayName (new) can change how it is named in-game.
    //You can do all of the above if you make a new complete body with the name of the old one.
}

20 hours ago, Destructogaming said:

i don't know any mods which are exactly the same to what i have described.

also you're thinking of KittopiaTech for pretty much everything you want here.

Edited by GregroxMun

3 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

@Kopernicus:FOR[PlanetStarRemoverUtlity]
{
	!Body[Mun]{}
    !Body[Minmus]{}
    !Body[Duna]{}
    !Body[Ike]{}

//hooray, i deleted some planets.

Body
    {
    	name = a Star other than the sun
        Template
        {
        	name = Sun
        }
        Properties
        {
        	radius = 63710000
            geeASL = 77
            description = meh i think ill delete this
        }
        Orbit
        {
        	referenceBody = Sun
            semiMajorAxis = 10000000000
            eccentricity = 0.1
            inclination = 4
            color = 1,1,1,1
        }
    }
    !Body[a Star other than the sun]{}
    //!Body[Sun]{}
    //Can't do this bc the sun has to be the center of the universe
    //!Body[Eve]{}
    //Can't do this unless I delete or reparent Gilly. (In general you have to delete or reparent all moons of a planet that you delete)
    //!Body[Kerbin]{}
    //Can't do this because Kerbin has to be the homeworld. cbNameLater (old) and Properties/displayName (new) can change how it is named in-game.
    //You can do all of the above if you make a new complete body with the name of the old one.
}

also you're thinking of KittopiaTech for pretty much everything you want here.

kittopia tech is a planet editor, not just an orbit editor/deleter... and is not an external piece of software.

Edited by Destructogaming

13 minutes ago, Destructogaming said:

kittopia tech is a planet editor, not just an orbit editor/deleter... and is not an external piece of software.

why would you want an external piece of software when deleting things through kopernicus is all you need? It's literally as simple as !Body[bodyName]{}

Edited by GregroxMun

4 hours ago, Destructogaming said:

i want something simpler to use, basically

You don't get something simpler to use because if you can't figure out how to make a new text file in GameData, change the file type to .cfg, and then write

@Kopernicus:FOR[MyMod]
{
	!Body[TheirPlanet]{}
}

then you won't figure out how to use any out-of-game application to accomplish your goal.

Edited by GregroxMun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.