Solar Panels lag problem

KSP: 1.3.1  Windows 64bit

Problem: Just like the titlte says, the game becomes almost unplayable when I put solar panels on any ship and try to fly it, it runs smoothly whit out them, I never had lag issues before, I stopped playing for almost one year, more than 400hrs playing and never had any issues before, even with very big ships.

Mods installed:  MechJeb2 ( 1.3.1) and WarpPlugin 1.16.1 (KSP Interstellar Extended)

Reproduction steps:

Put solar panels on any ship, more solar panels more lag, (unplayable at 16 for me, but more than 2 make it horrible)

Log: None

Anyone have the same problems? Any ideas on how to solve it? Thanks for your time!

Edited by Izze

KSP: 1.3.1  Windows 10 64bit

Problem: Exactly what Izze stated above. Solar panels lag the game to about 4 fps. It's not totally unplayable, but I wouldn't expect to do anything with precision...like space travel.

Mods installed: [all current] SCANSAT 18.2 (1.3.1) ,   KSP Interstellar Extended 1.16.1 (1.3.1) ,  Tarsier Space Technology Continued 7.2.0.0 (1.3.1)

Reproduction steps:

1) Make vessel without solar panels and test it. Everything should work fine.

2) Add 2+ solar panels on vessel. Attempt a test launch. The game will slow down dramatically

3) Take the solar panels off and try to launch the same vessel. Everything works fine again.

4) Make interstellar voyage on capsule charge :(

Log: My own eyes and possibly a youtube video.

I have tried a few things to identify what is going on, but haven't found anything yet. This is definitely a bug . I thought I was the only one with it until I saw this thread!

KSP: 1.3.1  Windows 7 64bit

Problem: Same problem as the gentlemen above me. Extremely low FPS whenever solar panels are present. Testing using some stock ships with high part counts is fine, but as soon as solar panels are added it all slows down. All of my testing was done on using stock equipment.

Mods installed: [all current] Kerbal Engineer ,   KSP Interstellar Extended, KIS, KAS,

Reproduction steps:

1) Make vessel without solar panels and test it. Everything should work fine.

2) Add 2+ solar panels on vessel. Attempt a test launch. The game will slow down dramatically. 

3) There is no change in fps in the VAB, however. (I just copied and pasted the guy above me since it's the exact same issue.)

Since all three of us are using Interstellar, I'll try the game again after removing it to see if it still occurs.

Hey Shadowmage. I removed Interstellar and the game went back to normal. The issue is apparently with the flat panels and the retractable ones, excluding the large retractable one. I'm not sure what's causing the conflict, but that's apparently where it's hiding.

• 1 month later...

KSP: 1.3.0 Windows 7 64bit

Problem: Exact same problem as the ones posted before. Solar panels attached to craft causing a massive performance hit.

Mods installed: [all current]  KSP Interstellar v1.15.3, TweakScale v2.3.6, Kerbal Alarm Clock, NavyFish Docking UI, MechJeb2, Infernal Robotics, KW Rocketry, KIS, KAS, KerbEngineer, HeatControl, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes.

Reproduction steps: Put solar panels on ship. The ship lags. Remove solar panels. The craft does not lag. Remove KSPIE mod from GameData folder, and load the craft; the game does not lag.

Have any of you found a solution to this lag issue? I would really like to keep using KSP Interstellar mod, but this lag is really killing the experience for me.

20 hours ago, CaptainTrips said:

Have any of you found a solution to this lag issue? I would really like to keep using KSP Interstellar mod, but this lag is really killing the experience for me.

Given that the problem was pinpointed to KSP Interstellar, you're going to have better luck taking the issue to that mod's specific thread.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.