Controls screwy after load

So I made a Minmus lander. It flew great leaving Kerbin. I landed on Minmus fine, & then saved the game & came back later & loaded it. When I did that, now the controls are all wonky. If I press the WASD keys, the ship pitches in a weird direction, not corresponding to the key I press. The only keys that work "correctly" as I'd expect them to are Q & E. I only have 1 command pod with a pilot (no probe cores), & I have already clicked on "Control from here" on it a million times. It doesnt matter if the navball is set to surface or orbit. The pod is on correctly, as it flew fine leaving Kerbin. Is this just some weird load bug with the game or something? It kind of sucks because it makes the ship really hard to fly, especially trying to biome hop on Minmus.

46 minutes ago, RX2000 said:

Is this just some weird load bug with the game or something?

Maybe...

Any chance you have SAS targeted at a node (other then stability assist)

Maybe you don't notice it and it's activated. This would cause the ship to yaw (A and D) and pitch (W and S) but it wouldn't affect roll (Q and E)
So you might be fighting the yaw and pitch cause SAS tries to maneuver elsewhere to i.e. pro/retrograde, radial in/out or normal/antinormal. Since this doesn't affect rolling (Q and E) you might find this part to be unaffected. And thus it only looks like a bug while it isn't.

Maybe you unintentionally turned this on? 

33 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

Maybe...

Any chance you have SAS targeted at a node (other then stability assist)

Maybe you don't notice it and it's activated. This would cause the ship to yaw (A and D) and pitch (W and S) but it wouldn't affect roll (Q and E)
So you might be fighting the yaw and pitch cause SAS tries to maneuver elsewhere to i.e. pro/retrograde, radial in/out or normal/antinormal. Since this doesn't affect rolling (Q and E) you might find this part to be unaffected. And thus it only looks like a bug while it isn't.

Maybe you unintentionally turned this on? 

No, there is no target set. It happens even with SAS off. The issue isnt that its "fighting me," its that if I press left for example, the ship will go down & to the right, instead of going left.

8 minutes ago, RX2000 said:

No, there is no target set. It happens even with SAS off. The issue isnt that its "fighting me," its that if I press left for example, the ship will go down & to the right, instead of going left.

Are you sure your orientation is correct?  By that I mean are you looking at the vessel from the same angle that you launch with?  I always make note of where the door on a pod is when I launch and orientate my camera to face that point when I burn.

14 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Are you sure your orientation is correct?  By that I mean are you looking at the vessel from the same angle that you launch with?  I always make note of where the door on a pod is when I launch and orientate my camera to face that point when I burn.

You just made me realize the OP might be talking about the physical ship itself. Unless I'm docking or just about to land, I don't pay much attention to the ship. The navball is what matters.

@RX2000, are you saying when you press "a", the ship turns down and to the right? If so, that won't really matter unless you fly by eyeing your ship; which I would not recommend. It can be fixed by orienting the ship properly; with the 90 degree marker on the navball on the right side.

If however, you press "a" and you turn down and to the right on the navball; that's bad. Something is seriously wrong, because the ship is not orienting itself from the proper control point.

16 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

In space there is no up or down.  Your orientation depends on a fixed point of reference.

I think you could argue that in space "up" is radial out, and "down" is radial-in.

Since your "point of reference" is always the spherical body you are currently orbiting.

I agree in spirit though; bonus points to anyone who get's this reference:

"The enemy's gate is down."

Just now, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I think you could argue that in space "up" is radial out, and "down" is radial-in.

Since your "point of reference" is always the spherical body you are currently orbiting.

I agree in spirit though; bonus points to anyone who get's this reference:

"The enemy's gate is down."

Agreed, Ender.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.