So... KSP dead?

Vegatoxi

27 minutes ago, 55delta said:

Does that mean that KSP can die, if the game forums and discussions (like this one) become inactive?

If people stop talking about the game in general and nobody is playing it anymore, its pretty much dead. And if nobody remembers it, its as dead as it gets. I doubt that would happend within the next 75 years, (seriously, i bet at least one of us in the future will look back at KSP and tell their grandkids about their favourite game) even when development stopped a long time ago. KSP is a legendary and unique video game.

I found this Topic, and i dont know why peoples think KSP is dead.

I know KSP since may 2017, the 1.3.1 Update is the first one in my playtime. I do Backups of it (not only Saves, the whole game folder), so i dont loose my Mods and Progress. The complete KSP and saves are ready on my cloud, so i can play on the Laptop when i want.

KSP is not dead, minecraft isn't dead too, i think KSP is now complete finished and now it gives only new Updates when there is something new. Because many Bugs are fixed i think :D.

There are some Bugs but they are to funny to get fixed (Northpoles/southpoles)

When i watching KSP-Version Videos i can see something like it happened to Minecraft (i play it from 1.2.5-1.12.2). With every Update KSP gets more things to do, i play on 1.3.0 now with RemoteTech, Lifesupport and Outerplanetsmod. After 200h playtime there is still so much to do in My Sandbox-save

Edited by SwissSpace93

Got a new machine a few weeks ago.  First game I re-installed was KSP.  50+FPS FTW.

It won't die in my universe until it fails to launch (pun intended).

Edited by Trann

So KSP has active modding, forum, YouTube, and Twitch communities, continues to receive active development, is available for purchase, and has no online services to take off-line. This mean to the majority that KSP isn't dead?

KSP 1.3.0 didn't include whatever the OP wanted for 1.3.0. This means KSP is dead?

KSP, for me will never "die". Ive played nothing else in the last few years and if I wake tomorrow and there were no more game/mod updates ever again, and this forum had disappeared, I would still play it because its still that good.

This tells you everything you need to know, we are in a stable low period, probably because people are waiting for the DLC, it will be interesting to see the stats after it is released to see how much new content affects gameplay stats. It is not dying, just having a rest. It's still in the top 100 currently played games.

zFUwt3a.png

Edited by selfish_meme

9 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

This tells you everything you need to know, we are in a stable low period, probably because people are waiting for the DLC...

I doubt most people even know there is DLC coming.

Edited by klgraham1013

Well, kerbocryostasis certainly has its advantages. I'm still trying to finish stuff I started back in 1.1.3, so I suppose I'll be back asking if KSP is dead and complaining about DLC in a year or two.

10 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

This tells you everything you need to know, we are in a stable low period, probably because people are waiting for the DLC, it will be interesting to see the stats after it is released to see how much new content affects gameplay stats. It is not dying, just having a rest. It's still in the top 100 currently played games.

zFUwt3a.png

And that dosent account for most modders who run second / third copies with their mods in.....

11 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

zFUwt3a.png

It's a good yard stick, but doesn't cover those of us who got it from the store or run multiple separate installs, which probably includes quite a few of the "in it for lifers".  The only time I run my steam version of KSP is when doing pre-release testing. So I think the numbers will be higher than that shows.
Data from KerbalX stats gives me a bit of a cross section sampling of the player base and that shows a 20% increase in users in the last year. obv that is dependent on KerbalX related factors, but I think it shows interest in KSP is not on the decline.

7 hours ago, katateochi said:

It's a good yard stick, but doesn't cover those of us who got it from the store or run multiple separate installs, which probably includes quite a few of the "in it for lifers".  The only time I run my steam version of KSP is when doing pre-release testing. So I think the numbers will be higher than that shows.
Data from KerbalX stats gives me a bit of a cross section sampling of the player base and that shows a 20% increase in users in the last year. obv that is dependent on KerbalX related factors, but I think it shows interest in KSP is not on the decline.

That's all I mean, it shows that even the current player-base, which just judging anecdotally by posting in the forum and on Reddit, does seem to be at a low point, is still pretty healthy, spikes have also occurred after major releases. I think the DLC will be the biggest release of new parts since the thermal and antennae parts.

Note: I do think some new planets and or filling out of the backstory on anomalies would be an even bigger draw-card. 

4 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I suspect Take Two would like to sell a tad more copies than that number.

Pick a number. Take Two would like to sell more than it. :)

But anyway, what I failed to say was pick any expansion for any game, and the majority of players of that game probably don't know about it. Heck, take most any game and the majority of the people who own it probably haven't played it or even installed it.

Those who are likely to buy the DLC probably know about it, or will hear about it when it comes out. Those who aren't likely to buy it don't matter, to Squad or Take Two.

On 22/11/2017 at 11:37 PM, klgraham1013 said:

What if it's secretly the most dedicated troll in troll history, planning a multi-year trolling of the non-trolls of KSP?

Not as awesome as [Link removed] 

Edited by Deddly
Sorry, had to remove the link

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Not as awesome as [Link removed] 

Sorry about this, but I had to remove the link because it pointed to content that contains profanity, which our rules don't allow. 

On 12/1/2017 at 5:38 AM, Deddly said:

Sorry about this, but I had to remove the link because it pointed to content that contains profanity, which our rules don't allow. 

Oops, my bad sorry.

Summary of link:

In 2007, a twitter user posted His first tweet "Tired Going to bed"

In 2014 He posted his second tweet "%*&#!  Overslept!"

Now that's playing the long game.