electricpants's Li'l Worldbuilding Creations (3 New systems!)

electricpants

(MPIO) = Main Planet Idea Only; I only have an idea for system's main planet

(SLP) = System Layout in Planning; Currently planning system layout

(WIP) = Work in Progress; Working on making system, note that System Layout may change in this stage

(AD) = Almost done; Nearly finished with system

(FNW) = Finished but Not Written; System is finished, but I'm currently too lazy to write it

(FW) = Finished and Written; System is finished and I got off my @$$ and wrote it here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I recently decided to make an entire solar system for a li'l pink world I made art for, and I ended up making it a rogue star with a couple planets and moons.

And then my mind decided "Hey, it might be useful for you to organize and share your stuff!", which is the most useful thing my brain has said in about a million years.

I won't share the system I made for the pink planet, that'll be in a story I write that takes place in the system, but here are some other systems I'm making or are done with:

Y-TYPES:

Spoiler

Other systems later...

T-TYPES:

Spoiler

Other systems later...

L-TYPES:

Spoiler

The tiny L-dwarf Diustasci (Bodies' names are randomly generated)(FW):

Spoiler

Diustasci: Diustasci is one of the smallest, coolest, and dimmest stars possible, with a tiny luminosity of only 0.000109x that of our suns, yet this tiny star has a compact 9-planet system similar to that of the TRAPPIST-1 system.

Nona: Nona is the closest and smallest of Diustasci's 9 planets, but it is also the hottest of the bunch. It orbits the star in only 4.9 hours, and is made of almost entirely iron so that it doesn't get torn apart by the star. It has a 2:1 resonance with Rnaenus.

Rnaenus: Rnaenus is the next planet out, and is a lot more massive than the first planet, Nona. It is in a 3:1 resonance with the next planet out,  Berva, and has a 1:2 resonance with Nona.

Berva: Berva is the third planet out of 9, and looks a whole lot like a hot Mars without an atmosphere. It is a sub-earth just like the first 7 planets, and is in a 1:3 resonance with Rnaenus and is also in a 4:3 resonance with the next planet, Iberobiu.

Iberobiu: Iberobiu is the fourth planet, and is a nearl-boiling water world, covered entirely by bubbling oceans that are just a tad under water's boiling point. It is in a 3:4 resonance with Berva and a 2:1 resonance with the next planet out, Salace.

Salace: Salace is the fifth planet of the Diustasci system, and it is the first of three terras in the system. Its landmasses are mainly covered in desert due to the searing 42oC surface, but near the shoreline the planet is coated in deep green plants and thriving ecosystems. It has a 1:2 resonance with Iberobiu, and a 3:2 resonance with Nilup.

Nilup: Nilup is the sixth planet, and is the second of three terras in the Diustasci system. Since it is cooler than Salace at a warm-ish 16.5oC, the majority of it's small landmasses are covered in deep turquoise plants, and just like Salace, thriving ecosystems of life. It is in a 2:3 resonance with Salace and a 3:2 resonance with Nonax.

Nonax: Nonax is the last of the three terras and looks a lot like Mars, but the difference is in Nonax's thicker atmosphere, the fact that it has surface water, and that there is groups or 'forests' of small, fungus-like, black plants. It has a 2:3 resonance with Nilup and a 2:1 resonance with Mediapust.

Mediapust: Mediapust is the first of the outer two 'giant' planets, as they are both a little bigger than Earth and much bigger than the previous 7 sub-earths. It is covered in a dark brown dust and has no water or ice anywhere on its surface. It is also in a 1:2 resonance with Nonax and a 2:1 resonance with the final planet, Oran.

Oran: Despite the name, Oran isn't actually orange. It is a giant iceball with ice covering its whole surface miles deep. It is in a 1:2 resonance with Mediapust and is the ninth planet in the Diustasci system.

Other systems later...

M-TYPES:

Spoiler

Binary red dwarfs Apophis and Ma'at (Bodies in system named after ancient Egyptian deities)(FNW):

Spoiler

Not feelin' it rn

The red dwarf of Kinich Ahau (Bodies in system named after Mayan deities)(FW):

Spoiler

Kinich Ahau: A relatively small red dwarf with a mass of 0.22 Solar masses with 5 planets.

Colop U Uichkin: A hellish planet, and the most massive in the system, Colop U Uichkin can be classified as a mega-earth due to its mass of 10.1 Earth masses. It orbits Kinich Ahau once every 10.7 hours, and if it weren't for its atmosphere (which is 20x thicker than Earth's), it would be much cooler than its current temperature of 1587oC.

Ah Puch: Ah Puch is essentially a bigger, hotter Mars. It weighs in at around 2.14 Earth masses, and it's temperature is about 58oC, though no water exists on its surface as its atmospheric pressure is around that of Mars's, meaning that it is too low pressure for water to be a liquid on its surface. There are, however, pockets of water underground that may contain bacterial life.

Chaac: Chaac is a small gas dwarf with around 3.14 Earth masses. It is currently in a 1:2 resonance with Ah Puch, where Chaac orbits once for every two times Ah Puch orbits. It has no moons due to its proximity to Kinich Ahau.

Kisin: Kisin is the odball of the Kinich Ahau system, mainly because it has the largest eccentricity in the system by far, with an orbital eccentricity of 0.1. Besides that, it is a regular old dead, lifeless world with around 0.66 Earyh masses with no moons, again due to it's proximity to Kinich Ahau.

Ixpiyacoc: Ixpiyacoc is a strange little world. It has a mass of 1.03 Earth masses, and even though it is far outside Knich Ahau's relatively narrow habitable zone, it has oceans of water. In fact, around 90% of it's surface is covered in water, the only landmasses being concentrated in an equatorial archipelago with 2 main, large islands. It even has intelligent alien life living there! However, the cause of this is very much known. The 'strange' warmness of this planet is very much explained by it's extremely thick, soupy, Venus-like atmosphere which is a crushing 91x thicker than Earth's. This atmosphere traps the small trickle of heat and has caused the planet to sustain a habitable temperature of a little under 26oC. It is also the only planet in the Kinich Ahau system with moons, and even a ring!

Ixmucane: Ixmucane is the smallest and closest to Ixpiyacoc of it's two moons. Just like it's larger sibling, Ixmucane is coated in a very thick layer of ice, and perhaps even has a subsurface ocean due to tidal heating from Ixpiyacoc.

Hunahpu Utiu: Hunahpu Utiu is the furthest out and largest of Ixpiyacoc's two moons. Unlike Ixmucane, it likely does not have a substantial subsurface ocean.

Other systems later...

K-TYPES:

Spoiler

Other systems later...

G-TYPES:

Spoiler

The G-dwarf Tonatiuh system (Bodies in system named after Aztec deities)(FW):

Spoiler

Tonatiuh: Tonatiuh is a regular G-dwarf star. It is slightly smaller than our sun and has a total of six planets, all of which are rocky worlds.

Huitzilopochtli: Huitzilopochtli is a planet of hell, and is the closest to Tonatuih. Its surface is a dull red-brown, at least in places where there isn't rivers and lakes of molten rocks, and the planet is in a 2:1 resonance with the next planet out, Mictlantecuhtli.

Mictlanetcuhtli: Mictlantecuhtli is the second planet, and is slightly cooler than Huitzilopochtli, at least, cool enough that it isn't covered in lava.

Tezcatlipoca: Tezcatlipoca is the third planet in the Tonatiuh system, and is also pretty hot due to it's very low albedo, which is caused by the planet being coated in very dark basaltic rocks from its highly volcanic past. It is the first of four further out subearths in the system.

Atlaua: Atlaua is the fourth planet out. It is the second of the further out subearths, and is covered in a world-wide, nearly boiling ocean with average surface temperatures of 99.2oC, again, nearly boiling. The planet is in the 'Hot zone', meaning that it should be too hot for water, but it has a very thin atmosphere of a little less than 0.3 atmospheres of pressure at sea level, so it isn't thick enough to warm the planet enough to entirely evaporate the water.

Coatlicue: Coatlicue is the most earthlike planet in the Tonatiuh system, and the fifth out. It is another member of the farther out subearths, but it has liquid water and organic life! Though its atmosphere is a bit thinner than earth's, and its average temperature is higher than earth's, at around 26oC.

Tzitziminciuatl: Tzitziminciuatl is the sixth and final planet in the Tonatiuh system, and is the smallest, at about half the size of Coatlicue. It has a very tenuous atmosphere at around 0.002 atmospheres of pressure, but it is believed that some form of life may survive here.

The G0-type star Kane (Bodies in system named after Hawaiian deities)(FW):

Kane: Kane is a G0V, meaning that it is slightly more massive than our sun. It has a total of 4 planets, 2 of which have liquid water and life.

Kuula: Kuula is the first planet in the system, and is near the inner edge of Kane's habitable zone. It has liquid water on its surface and, due to the high temperatures of 63oC, its landmasses are mostly hot, searing deserts. However, the shores of this hot planet provide the perfect conditions for its life to thrive. Kuula is in a Laplace resonance with the next 2 planets, Lono and Poli'ahu.

Lono: Lono is the second planet in the Kane system, and is in a Laplace resonance with Kuula and Poli'ahu. It was struck by a giant impactor millions of years ago, and the resulting impact was so huge it launched a debris disk around the planet, and caused it to reverse its spin. Out of the debris rose two asteroid moons, which now have stabilized the disk into more of a ring. The reason that the surface is green only a few million years after such a huge inpact? Well, its covered in a slimy gree algae-like unicellular organism.

Lona: Lona is the first asteroid moon, and is also the smallest. It helps to stabilize the inner two rings.

Laka: Laka is the next asteroid moon, and helps to stabilize the outer inner ring and the outer ring around Lono.

Poli'ahu: Poli'ahu is the third planet around Kane, and is in a Laplace resonance with the inner two planets Kuula and Lono. It is essentially a giant ball of dirty ice, with the majority of the planet's mass being rock or iron, and is covered in a thick layer of ice that encompasses the entire planet.

Paka'a: Paka'a is the fourth and final planet around Kane. It is an orange gas giant a little more massive than Jupiter with two icy major moons.

Kamohoali'i: Kamohoali'i is the first of Paka'a's major moons. It is different than Poli'ahu in the fact that it is made up of a whole lot more ices and less iron. It is in a 3:2 resonance with Ukupanipo.

Ukupanipo: Ukupanipo is the second and final major moon of Paka'a. It is basically a clone of Kamohoali'i. It is in a 2:3 resonance with Kamohoali'i.

Other systems later...

F-TYPES:

Spoiler

The F-type star Sunna (Bodies in system named after Germanic deities)(FW):

Sunna: Sunna is a regular old F-type star with around 1/4 more mass than our own sun. It has a single planet, but the planet is significantly more massive than Jupiter.

Heimdallr: Heimdallr is the sole planet of Sunna, and it has around 7.88x the mass of Jupiter, making it significantly more massive. It is likely that Heimdallr kicked out the other planets in the Sunna system, leaving only it ant its 2 major moons.

Irpa: Irpa is the first and least massive of Heimdallr's 2 major moons. It is a lot like Mars, what with signs of past water and red dust coating the entire moon, but it is more massive than Mars and doesn't have an atmosphere. It is in a 2:1 resonance with Mani.

Mani: Mani is the last and most massive of Heimdallr's 2 major moons. Unlike its sister moon Irpa, Mani boasts a significant stmosphere comparable to that of Earth's, a lot of surface water, and even plant life! It is in a 1:2 resonance with Irpa.

Other systems later...

A-TYPES:

Spoiler

The quadruple star system of QDR+334-7071(SLP):

Spoiler

COMING SOON...

Other systems later...

B-TYPES:

Spoiler

Other systems later...

My eventual goal is to put at least some of these systems in a KSP mod I'm planning that puts the Kerbol system in a globular cluster near the galaxy of Hoag's Object, a peculiar ring galaxy.

And yes, almost all these systems will come pre-packaged with some sort of alien civilization(s), though B-types will only have colonies and I won't make O-types as they don't live long enough to have planets.

Also, please note that I'm not taking suggestions for systems, though I'm open for suggestions for creative alien civilization(s)!

Edited by electricpants

Alrighty! I have three new solar systems for this thread!

They are:

The tiny L-dwarf Diustasci (Bodies' names are randomly generated)

Spoiler

Diustasci: Diustasci is one of the smallest, coolest, and dimmest stars possible, with a tiny luminosity of only 0.000109x that of our suns, yet this tiny star has a compact 9-planet system similar to that of the TRAPPIST-1 system.

Nona: Nona is the closest and smallest of Diustasci's 9 planets, but it is also the hottest of the bunch. It orbits the star in only 4.9 hours, and is made of almost entirely iron so that it doesn't get torn apart by the star. It has a 2:1 resonance with Rnaenus.

Rnaenus: Rnaenus is the next planet out, and is a lot more massive than the first planet, Nona. It is in a 3:1 resonance with the next planet out,  Berva, and has a 1:2 resonance with Nona.

Berva: Berva is the third planet out of 9, and looks a whole lot like a hot Mars without an atmosphere. It is a sub-earth just like the first 7 planets, and is in a 1:3 resonance with Rnaenus and is also in a 4:3 resonance with the next planet, Iberobiu.

Iberobiu: Iberobiu is the fourth planet, and is a nearl-boiling water world, covered entirely by bubbling oceans that are just a tad under water's boiling point. It is in a 3:4 resonance with Berva and a 2:1 resonance with the next planet out, Salace.

Salace: Salace is the fifth planet of the Diustasci system, and it is the first of three terras in the system. Its landmasses are mainly covered in desert due to the searing 42oC surface, but near the shoreline the planet is coated in deep green plants and thriving ecosystems. It has a 1:2 resonance with Iberobiu, and a 3:2 resonance with Nilup.

Nilup: Nilup is the sixth planet, and is the second of three terras in the Diustasci system. Since it is cooler than Salace at a warm-ish 16.5oC, the majority of it's small landmasses are covered in deep turquoise plants, and just like Salace, thriving ecosystems of life. It is in a 2:3 resonance with Salace and a 3:2 resonance with Nonax.

Nonax: Nonax is the last of the three terras and looks a lot like Mars, but the difference is in Nonax's thicker atmosphere, the fact that it has surface water, and that there is groups or 'forests' of small, fungus-like, black plants. It has a 2:3 resonance with Nilup and a 2:1 resonance with Mediapust.

Mediapust: Mediapust is the first of the outer two 'giant' planets, as they are both a little bigger than Earth and much bigger than the previous 7 sub-earths. It is covered in a dark brown dust and has no water or ice anywhere on its surface. It is also in a 1:2 resonance with Nonax and a 2:1 resonance with the final planet, Oran.

Oran: Despite the name, Oran isn't actually orange. It is a giant iceball with ice covering its whole surface miles deep. It is in a 1:2 resonance with Mediapust and is the ninth planet in the Diustasci system.

The G0-type star Kane (Bodies in system named after Hawaiian deities)

Spoiler

Kane: Kane is a G0V, meaning that it is slightly more massive than our sun. It has a total of 4 planets, 2 of which have liquid water and life.

Kuula: Kuula is the first planet in the system, and is near the inner edge of Kane's habitable zone. It has liquid water on its surface and, due to the high temperatures of 63oC, its landmasses are mostly hot, searing deserts. However, the shores of this hot planet provide the perfect conditions for its life to thrive. Kuula is in a Laplace resonance with the next 2 planets, Lono and Poli'ahu.

Lono: Lono is the second planet in the Kane system, and is in a Laplace resonance with Kuula and Poli'ahu. It was struck by a giant impactor millions of years ago, and the resulting impact was so huge it launched a debris disk around the planet, and caused it to reverse its spin. Out of the debris rose two asteroid moons, which now have stabilized the disk into more of a ring. The reason that the surface is green only a few million years after such a huge inpact? Well, its covered in a slimy gree algae-like unicellular organism.

Lona: Lona is the first asteroid moon, and is also the smallest. It helps to stabilize the inner two rings.

Laka: Laka is the next asteroid moon, and helps to stabilize the outer inner ring and the outer ring around Lono.

Poli'ahu: Poli'ahu is the third planet around Kane, and is in a Laplace resonance with the inner two planets Kuula and Lono. It is essentially a giant ball of dirty ice, with the majority of the planet's mass being rock or iron, and is covered in a thick layer of ice that encompasses the entire planet.

Paka'a: Paka'a is the fourth and final planet around Kane. It is an orange gas giant a little more massive than Jupiter with two icy major moons.

Kamohoali'i: Kamohoali'i is the first of Paka'a's major moons. It is different than Poli'ahu in the fact that it is made up of a whole lot more ices and less iron. It is in a 3:2 resonance with Ukupanipo.

Ukupanipo: Ukupanipo is the second and final major moon of Paka'a. It is basically a clone of Kamohoali'i. It is in a 2:3 resonance with Kamohoali'i.

The F-type star Sunna (Bodies in system named after Germanic deities)

Spoiler

Sunna: Sunna is a regular old F-type star with around 1/4 more mass than our own sun. It has a single planet, but the planet is significantly more massive than Jupiter.

Heimdallr: Heimdallr is the sole planet of Sunna, and it has around 7.88x the mass of Jupiter, making it significantly more massive. It is likely that Heimdallr kicked out the other planets in the Sunna system, leaving only it ant its 2 major moons.

Irpa: Irpa is the first and least massive of Heimdallr's 2 major moons. It is a lot like Mars, what with signs of past water and red dust coating the entire moon, but it is more massive than Mars and doesn't have an atmosphere. It is in a 2:1 resonance with Mani.

Mani: Mani is the last and most massive of Heimdallr's 2 major moons. Unlike its sister moon Irpa, Mani boasts a significant stmosphere comparable to that of Earth's, a lot of surface water, and even plant life! It is in a 1:2 resonance with Irpa.

Edited by electricpants

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.