How do i Create supermaneuver Plane

[Edit: the first part of this answer is incorrect, since it refers to high manouverability and not supermanouverability...]

Make your plane very light, make the control surfaces large and as far from CoM as possible, and avoid any kind of fixed fin.

For example:

pX1urHl.png

[continuing the edit:]

Supermanouverability is basically going to the extreme of making an aircraft very nearly impossible to control.

So that means making CoM and CoL coincide almost exactly or even having CoM slightly behind, using canards at the front, and using a gimballing engine.

The problem in KSP is the impossibility of having engine gimbal and control surfaces do opposite things. You might want to try making SAS-only control reaction wheels and then fly manually while telling SAS to do the opposite (like, radial out on SAS while pushing the nose towards the horizon. No idea how well that will work.

[edit 2:]

Actually you can have control surfaces do the opposite to what you are telling the plane to do, in the VAB/SPH. You can also (IIRC) use action groups to force this to happen. You will have a terrible time trying to fly your beast, and you can't use SAS since it will just lose control instantly, but with careful use of trim (alt+WASDQE) you might be able to pull off some of those Su-35 tricks.

A simpler option might be to add a second set of control surfaces that don't control pitch/roll/yaw but which are tied to an action group to "deploy". Then you can use action groups to make the control surfaces and engines do opposite things...

Edited by Plusck

There's so much to say for this.

• CoL as close to the CoM as possible. If you do it to much your plane will become very, how to call it, "wiggly". If that happened you did it to much.
  • Enough rear vertical stabilizers.
  • Panther engine!! It has high gimbal so it will add thrust vectoring.
  • Dihedral main wings (gives more stability during roll)
  • A tiny weeny bit of incidence on the main wings (reclined angle of wing against the cord line) not to much though or you get negative AoA at high speed, especially if it's a supersonic craft, if it's faster then that I would forget this one if I were you as it will only cause trouble with drag which this method is supposed to deduce if done correctly.
  • Enough panthers so you have around 1 TWR in wet mode. This means you can always thrust yourself out of a stall without having to fight to get out of one even at dangerously low altitudes.
  • Enough wings so you stay on the velocity vector even during high speed turns. To little wings and you'll steer of the velocity marker in a high speed turn causing you to stall.
  • Play with pitch control authority. You want as much control on them so that you stay on the velocity vector when pulling hard (not to much not to little) To much of this and you might flip the plane in a sharp turn. This can be your intention. Now you know how to.
  • CoM should be more to the middle rather then to the back, otherwise you'd need more excessive rear pitch control surface area that you (A) might not require and (B) makes the plane look bad, IMHO. 
  • Enough height and pivoting room on the main gear so you can do a hard pull from the runway without burying your rear into the ground.
  • Make it a VTOL (if you so desire. It fits in with high maneuverability) using RCS in hover mode for extra roll, pitch and yaw control at very low or still airspeeds. Rotating with thrust vectoring can be done in a VTOL setup but it's a screwed up way to turn (not classified by me as a sound way to achieve supermaneuvering but maybe others have better experience)
    (PS: can also use reaction wheels but they're not my favourite choice since it's not really realistic in both the aeronautic and astronautical avenues of real life) Only saying that I care :) 
  • Airbrakes for a quick halt in mid air, maybe even in combination with spoiler settings on the available control surfaces.
Edited by Helmetman

3 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

basically i'm regret making this Thread since i already done it

No reason to regret.

It prompted me to see how possible it is to do this in KSP.

I didn't get very far. Jet engine gimbal is not great. No control surfaces give a broad enough actuator range to do anything "supermanouverable". Still, I did end up making myself a whiplash-powered highly manouverable plan that can get to over 55km altitude on a third of a tank of fuel, and constantly maintain about 30° off prograde in flight with reaction wheels off. Not "super" but not too far off

I suppose you'd have to define what you want the plane to be able to achieve?

As general advice though; it is a bit "cheaty" but high engine gimbal like Panthers + loads of reaction wheels can make any plane do tight loops and aerodynamic defying tricks.

Another neat concept is lining the belly with a belt of Vernor engines facing out, when you roll and pitch to do a sharp turn, the vernor's will thrust into the turn, making it tighter and in effect, more responsive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.