[1.3.1] Cetera's Suits for TextureReplacerReplaced

Cetera

58 minutes ago, jack gamer said:

oh whoops, I didn't know I was only supposed to use TRR instead of Texture replacer.

No problem.  It happens.  TRR was developed because TextureReplacer's modder had been absent for a really long time.  It was being supported by the community, but it was having issues.  @HaArLiNsH decided to create a new mod based on it, and in so doing was able to add a shader to it that allowed for reflections (visor, Windowshine mod) as well as also allow cockpit lights.  Before with TR, it was always only one or the other.  @HaArLiNsH also had some really big ideas for more complicated suit replacement textures, allowing for a lot more customization.  I really liked what he was doing, so I upgraded my pack to work with it.

If you are using TR for a particular reason and don't want to change to TRR, you can download the old version of my suit pack that is for TR:

https://spacedock.info/mod/282/Cetera's Suit Mod

I don't know if there are any issues with it and the recent release of the updated TR or not.  I believe there were some folder structure changes.  All the files should be named appropriately, though, for levels for the base classes.  It should be pretty easy to figure out what changes are necessary, if any.  I've kept the old version up in case anyone needs it for older versions of KSP, but have no plans on making a separate version of my suit pack for TR.  Even though TRR requires a lot more setup, the reflections are superior to TR and Sigma Replacements, and there is a lot more customization possible.

2 hours ago, Cetera said:

No problem.  It happens.  TRR was developed because TextureReplacer's modder had been absent for a really long time.  It was being supported by the community, but it was having issues.  @HaArLiNsH decided to create a new mod based on it, and in so doing was able to add a shader to it that allowed for reflections (visor, Windowshine mod) as well as also allow cockpit lights.  Before with TR, it was always only one or the other.  @HaArLiNsH also had some really big ideas for more complicated suit replacement textures, allowing for a lot more customization.  I really liked what he was doing, so I upgraded my pack to work with it.

If you are using TR for a particular reason and don't want to change to TRR, you can download the old version of my suit pack that is for TR:

https://spacedock.info/mod/282/Cetera's Suit Mod

I don't know if there are any issues with it and the recent release of the updated TR or not.  I believe there were some folder structure changes.  All the files should be named appropriately, though, for levels for the base classes.  It should be pretty easy to figure out what changes are necessary, if any.  I've kept the old version up in case anyone needs it for older versions of KSP, but have no plans on making a separate version of my suit pack for TR.  Even though TRR requires a lot more setup, the reflections are superior to TR and Sigma Replacements, and there is a lot more customization possible.

Ok so I removed TR, then I had to reset the game, the suits looked the same as the default but when I went out of the rocket, it shows the suits, anyways thanks for  telling me that I needed TRR instead.

11 minutes ago, soifua said:

Love this mod, so much thanks for making it.

I had used it back with the old TR. Hadn't fired up KSP for a long time, now on 1.4.2. Have TRR installed. Everything is working great except the visors are all pink. Anything I can do to fix it? thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/QBh4203

Thanks for the kind words!

TRR hasn't been updated for 1.4x yet.  @HaArLiNsH is working on that.  There is a recompiled shader available for it in the TRR thread that fixes the visor thing for now.

3 minutes ago, Cetera said:

Thanks for the kind words!

TRR hasn't been updated for 1.4x yet.  @HaArLiNsH is working on that.  There is a recompiled shader available for it in the TRR thread that fixes the visor thing for now.

brilliant! thanks. here's the link in case any one else needs it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bd9Gbmr6PlZFkDMgnrhoLfnDxXs8RSP/view

• 1 month later...

@Cetera A simple question:

because in GameData\TRR-Cetera\CeteraSuits.cfg it says

Folders
	{
		Default = TRR-Cetera/Default/
		Suits = TRR-Cetera/Suits/
	}

is it still okay to place skybox files into the default folder GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Default\ or do they also have to go to GameData\TRR-Cetera\Default\ ?

Edit:

So yep, it doesn't matter - I just didn't recognize that it says "Default", not "@Default", so it's just an addition.

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Cetera A simple question:

because in GameData\TRR-Cetera\CeteraSuits.cfg it says

Folders
	{
		Default = TRR-Cetera/Default/
		Suits = TRR-Cetera/Suits/
	}

is it still okay to place skybox files into the default folder GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\Default\ or do they also have to go to GameData\TRR-Cetera\Default\ ?

Edit:

So yep, it doesn't matter - I just didn't recognize that it says "Default", not "@Default", so it's just an addition.

That's honestly a better question for the TRR thread.  I'm pretty sure they shouldn't go in the TRR folder.  @HaArLiNsH designed it to have each pack have its own folder structure, and be implemented by MM configs.  

If you put the skyboxes in my folder structure, just add the line to the MM config too.  If you keep the naming convention the same, it should be:

EnvMap = TRR-Cetera/EnvMap/

• 7 months later...

I honestly don't know, @Deckard.  I haven't played anything past 1.3.1.  I'm sure they probably could be adapted, but I don't know the requirements for Texture Replacer anymore.  The main suit files can probably be renamed, but I doubt the visors will work, and there isn't as much support for the standard vs. elite vs. badass that @HaArLiNsH had in TRR.  

I'm certain these textures will not work at all with the new suit that Squad has released.  They would have to be entirely redone and wouldn't be able to have the class logos on the rear of the helmets like I did here.  The helmet textures are mirrored down the middle, so the left hemisphere has to equal the right.  

I actually fired up KSP for the first time in a long while just this weekend, and went back to my 1.3.1 install.  I like TRR and my suits too much to give them up.  I wish HaArLiNsH was still working on his.  I loved the visor customization he managed.

Feel free to reverse engineer my old packs and adapt them as possible to TR and the new game version.  You certainly have my blessing if you want to take the time to figure it out.  I can give you all my template files too if needed.  The license allows for anyone to make their own modifications, as long as the license is kept the same.

Edited by Cetera

Sadly I'm not savvy enough to do that myself and I understand you not wanting to suss it all out yourself.  I still have my 1.3.1 install too, so if I get sick of the pickings in 1.6.1 I might go back to it.  Hopefully someone else has the time and talent to pick it up, though.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, KarlosGeek said:

Will this suit pack ever be updated to 1.6.1 and TR 3.7? I haven't played in a while, and this is the only mod I can't get to work with 1.6 due to TRR being discontinued.

I'm sure they probably could be adapted, but I don't know the requirements for Texture Replacer anymore.  The main suit files can probably be renamed, but I doubt the visors will work, and there isn't as much support for the standard vs. elite vs. badass that @HaArLiNsH had in TRR.  

I'm certain these textures will not work at all with the new suit that Squad has released.  They would have to be entirely redone and wouldn't be able to have the class logos on the rear of the helmets like I did here.  The helmet textures are mirrored down the middle, so the left hemisphere has to equal the right.  

Feel free to reverse engineer my old packs and adapt them as possible to TR and the new game version.  You certainly have my blessing if you want to take the time to figure it out.  I can give you all my template files too if needed.  The license allows for anyone to make their own modifications, as long as the license is kept the same.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.