Is it Northeast basin or Northern basin?

EwingKang

Hello fellows

I'm playing through a career and have almost finished all the biome on Mun with the help of [x] Science! Mod. I've however bomp inot this question: I can't find "Northern basin!!!!" which appeared on the science list!

After some struggle with the orbit, It seems that the "Northeast basin" is used by all experiments and kerbnet system. "Nortern basin" is used by KSP wiki and the [x]Science!

https://imgur.com/a/ZC1WI

oxEm373.png

I know it's probably a small thing, just post it here incase anyone have the same question.

Are there anywhere I could report this typo?

Edited by EwingKang
imgur and words

6 hours ago, OhioBob said:

According to the Kittopia dump, it's "Northern Basin".

https://github.com/Kopernicus/kittopia-dumps/blob/master/Configs/Mun.cfg#L48

I'm not familiar with Mod systems, not sure what this "Kittopia dump" means. I guess it some sort of way to extract in game data about planets?
So maybe I should report this to Squad somewhere so they can fix it?

32 minutes ago, klesh said:

Is your location on the border between the two biomes?  There can be weirdness on the borders because of the way the biomes are delineated.

Hey Klesh, Nope I'm actually kind of at the center of the biome.

It gives the same "Northeast basin" using KerbNet (Science Lab), which I was using to search for not-yet-landed biome.

Edited by EwingKang

2 hours ago, EwingKang said:

I'm not familiar with Mod systems, not sure what this "Kittopia dump" means. I guess it some sort of way to extract in game data about planets?

Yep, that's exactly right.  KittopiaTech is a tool used by modders to change the configuration settings of their planets in game so they can see the immediate results.  It includes the ability to extractor all the existing settings, which is what the 'dump' is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.