Offline playing

HI there,

yesterday I tried to play on my notebook without an internet connection. Already the launcher was slow, but I  gave up during the games start because it was soooooo slow that after several minutes not even 5% of the yellow bar indicated that this would take hours. No errors though ! I told all the mods that they should not try to update during start, but it did not help.

Is there a way to accelerate the loading, while offline ? A parameter like "Connection time-out" which could be set to 10 ticks or a "Connection Flag" that could be set to 'false' ?

TIA,

Joe

Edited by JoeeoJ
typo

It is not necessary to use Launcher.exe (or the equivalent on your system) nor to make any attempt to communicate over the internet, to start KSP.   I start the program KSP_x64.exe directly, and you might do the corresponding thing on your system.    
Someone who understands the Launcher might have a better answer.

On 25/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I know KSP has issues with unused network adapter connections or something causing long loading times? Especially Hamachi.

Have tried KSP offline starting both on my notebook and my PC and in fact it is on both the same problem. Not the loader, but KSP_64.exe  itself is loading all the differnt modules and during this process it seems to expect an internet connection for whatever reason. Will try this evening to find out how many minutes or hours it takes and whether it then really runs or crashes and I will try to find out which connections it wants to establish (ip numbers,  domains, etc. )

Joe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.