Nova 7 - SSTO

Castille7

Nova 7

I have to say I do admire others that build SSTO craft because of the challenge an SSTO can be. They can be tedious, ridiculously precise with it's TWR's but yet very satisfying at the same time.

The wide body of Nova7 is allowing really nice Aerobraking, landing is a little delicate but fun. It's a crew only craft build, I may add a small cargo bay in a future rebuild.

Operations to achieve Orbit: At Takeoff apply RCS, SAS, full throttle and tap space bar. After craft lifts from the runway, lift gear, climb to 20 degrees, inactivate RCS to reserve fuel. Start gravity turn near 18,000m, switch to Orbital Map and hold 15 degrees until rapiers kick in wet mode, when Apoapsis reaches 100m kill engines and drift until -1.30s Level the craft then hit only atomic motors at full throttle to complete Orbit.

8yd4PJ6.png

More Photos Here

Spoiler

FImgRDA.png
VLyoQNi.png
QNhl35D.png
f6qCeNC.png
SMfQ5AI.png
KeCCnep.png
gwYBAy5.png
F00fkbd.png
iKtmb19.png

CQzM6jL.png
L0S2S71.png

Craft File: Nova 7
Parts: 79
Mass: 43.597t
Height: 4.2m
Width: 16.3m
Length: 15.0m

Edited by Castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.