What's the most science you've ever gotten from one mission?

The Cuttlefish Empire

(mods are allowed)

The title basically says it all. I just recovered a mission to the planet Pigge (from the Chani Planet Pack) and got back this much science... (all from one planet, mind you :))

n2C8aFd.jpg

Any mods (that aren't intended to break the game) are allowed

Even though it says blank for some of the locations, it's all Pigge

One of my more recent career mode playthroughs. I plopped Bob in a spacecraft with some science things in a polar orbit and I got METRIC ASS TONS of science for that early in the game (I mean so early I didn't even have probe cores, so I also put Jeb in the craft and just deorbited him after I got the craft up there)! I think somewhere around 300+. Science Jr., Mystery Goo, and Crew/EVA reports are good enough for starting the game. Be sure to plant a flag where you land and get surface samples and reports falling down and stuff. Just do it. It's good, easy science.

By no means the most I've gotten, but adjusting for inflation(?) it's like getting thousands in the late game

Around 16.500 science in a single mission. Using all stock science instrument on KSP 1.3 and takes all science from KSC biomes (every building has their own biome), enough to complete the tech tree

Just snagged 3200 or thereabouts in a single mission to Minmus, which is my personal best. It was a rover mission - Bob and Jeb drove halfway around Minmus, picking up temperature, pressure, Goo, Materials Studies, EVA reports and samples at each of seven biomes (Lowlands, Midlands, Highlands, Slopes, Greater Flats, Flats and Lesser Flats.)

Couldn't face finishing the circumnavigation in that rickety rover for the sake of one more biome, but Bob and Jeb have sworn to return in an upgraded version with a couple of extra science instruments and proper data pod, so they can also store more than a couple of crew reports. Depending how the rover performs in practice, they may do a circumpolar trip as an encore.

There's plenty more science to be had on Minmus!

Edited by KSK

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Just snagged 3200 or thereabouts in a single mission to Minmus, which is my personal best. It was a rover mission - Bob and Jeb drove halfway around Minmus, picking up temperature, pressure, Goo, Materials Studies, EVA reports and samples at each of seven biomes (Lowlands, Midlands, Highlands, Slopes, Greater Flats, Flats and Lesser Flats.)

This.

About 2000 stock-ish (just Tweakscale to have a micro lander) by going to Minmus for all the biomes and complete the science that wasn't done yet.

About 20000 heavily moded: all biomes on Minmus and the Mun with stock + DMagic orbital science (except sismic analyses as it requires way too many disposable probes for this), using a lander with ions engines from Near Future tech and a big tank in orbit. Since I have the community tech tree in this playthrough, that's not even close to fill the tech tree.

~1700 IIRC.  Just from a trot around Duna using a good portion of @DMagic's stuff.  Would have been a lot higher if I'd thought to bring an experiment storage container and hit up Ike while I was at it. (This was before I realized the container had infinite space, I thought it just held one).

Jeb, Bill, Bob and Val returned from their odyssey on Duna an Ike, and...

HOLY KRAKEN :o

uRIMfR6.jpg

This almost triples my record, and will probably stay that way until I do, say, a quintuple Elcano of all of Jool's muns?

I am giving myself good bad ideas...

Oh, and full mission report coming soon.

Thousands with DMagic's Orbital Science. Then, if you have an orbiting lab and DMagic's Science Relay, so you can beam science from your vessel to the lab with 2x scientists on board, it gets pretty ridiculous. You can max out standard tech tree with Mun and Minimus biome hoping.

Edited by Kerbital

Hmm, I guess my biggest haul was a not quite 20K

26193544855_2035df72da_b.jpg

This was from a major expedition to the Sarnus system in OPM.  It brought home or transmitted everything possible from Hale and Orvok, and was intended to do the same at Tekto, plus 1 surface biome each from Eeloo and Slate and all their orbital stuff.  As it happened, all non-transmittable surface Tekto science got left in orbit there due to a zombie apocalypse, so the haul wasn't as big as it could have been.  Still, not a bad 20-years' work :) 

Edited by Geschosskopf

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.