[1.12.x] Interstellar Flight Inc. Life Support

linuxgurugamer

On 1/18/2018 at 2:32 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

If you just added the CTT after you started the game, you might be out of luck.  I'm not sure, but I think there is an issue when you do that.

Also, I need to see your log file.

OK Hydroponics only includes the Garden in a Can Greenhouse and the Greenhouse: Expand-O-Matic. Seems like I'll have to start a new game. 

Thanks for the help!

Edited by breakthesystem
Forgot to be polite.

I believe there is an issue when you time warp to fast. The Organic Slurry doesn't get properly processed when above x 1000.

I just time warped a save at different speed and under x 1000 there was no Slurry left, at x 10 000, 0.64 Slurry was left. The only thing difference was the time warp speed.

2 hours ago, Keldion said:

I believe there is an issue when you time warp to fast. The Organic Slurry doesn't get properly processed when above x 1000.

I just time warped a save at different speed and under x 1000 there was no Slurry left, at x 10 000, 0.64 Slurry was left. The only thing difference was the time warp speed.

The sounds like a floating point error.

Something else :-\ It doesn't look like things are calculated properly in the other vessels when I time warp. If I timewarp at x 1000 everything seems fine in the current vessel, but for the others vessels, it looks like the organic slurry is just throw out the windows and my life support is melting... :-\

I always though that the life support in my station was doing down too fast and didn't undertood why the sludge wasn't accumulating (it supposed to since the aquatic greenhouse isn't currently working). Now I believe that regular greenhouse don't work at all while timewarping away from the vessel. You can time warp in the tracking station and see that 1 life support is being consume per kerbal per day even if the vessel got working greenhouses.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems i posted my last reply in a wrong thread, so here goes again:

Hi everyone

I have a small problem with the mod, just want to check if anyone has seen this before.

I installed the mod yesterday, and my kerbals have lifesupport available and are using it away happily.

However, im missing the parts that comes with the mod?

They dont show up in sandbox parts list, and in career i can unlock them, but they dont show up in the parts list here either?

What gives? Everything else seems to be working?

I tried both with a modded and fresh install of KSP x64.

Edited by Conzolax

On 2/16/2018 at 4:37 AM, Conzolax said:

Seems i posted my last reply in a wrong thread, so here goes again:

Hi everyone

I have a small problem with the mod, just want to check if anyone has seen this before.

I installed the mod yesterday, and my kerbals have lifesupport available and are using it away happily.

However, im missing the parts that comes with the mod?

They dont show up in sandbox parts list, and in career i can unlock them, but they dont show up in the parts list here either?

What gives? Everything else seems to be working?

I tried both with a modded and fresh install of KSP x64.

How are you installing it?  It requires the following:

• Community Resource Pack
  • Community Category Kit
  • Module Manager

I'm confused by the science experiments.  

The Garden in a Can GreenHouse says "Plant Respiration Study" must be completed in the biome before use.   OK, so there are two experiments unlocked.  

The Biosphere Containment Unit has an experiment called "Observe Plant Life" 

The BSS-G has an experiment called "Perform Experiments" but the description specifically says this will need to be done to use the MicroBiome, BioReactor and Aquatic Greenhouse. 

I went back and checked the OP, and it says this.  

• The greenhouses need to have the experiment: BSS-1 (Biological Systems Study-1) to be run
  • The AlgaeHouse and BioReactor need the experiment BSS-G (Biological Systems Study-Goo)
  • The BioReactor needs the Biosphere Containment Study experiment run

Which doesn't really help that much, maybe I just need more parts unlocked. 

I've been doing some tests on my mod install and there seems to be a pretty big overhead that is worse with a vessel with more parts.  With a 200 part ship I get about 55 FPS in the stock game, adding the mod gives me a steady 40FPS.   With a small vessel I don't notice a performance impact. 

On 2/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, eberkain said:

I've been doing some tests on my mod install and there seems to be a pretty big overhead that is worse with a vessel with more parts.  With a 200 part ship I get about 55 FPS in the stock game, adding the mod gives me a steady 40FPS.   With a small vessel I don't notice a performance impact. 

Is it the number of parts, or the number of parts that can contain crew?

And, how are you measuring the FPS?

Could you send me the ship so I can test with it?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it the number of parts, or the number of parts that can contain crew?

And, how are you measuring the FPS?

Could you send me the ship so I can test with it?

I've been using the kerbo katz utilites to watch FPS and Sim Speed.  The vessel was just several stock craft all docked together in the editor and cheated into orbit, I dont still have the save I was testing with.  I've sense swapped over to a different install and reevaluated my mod list again.  I did not test the difference between crew parts and just parts.  I don't think my test craft had more than a few crew parts.  I will see if I can reproduce easily and set something up to send you. 

5 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I've been using the kerbo katz utilites to watch FPS and Sim Speed.  The vessel was just several stock craft all docked together in the editor and cheated into orbit, I dont still have the save I was testing with.  I've sense swapped over to a different install and reevaluated my mod list again.  I did not test the difference between crew parts and just parts.  I don't think my test craft had more than a few crew parts.  I will see if I can reproduce easily and set something up to send you. 

That would be  helpful, but please see the PM I just sent you first

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your work. This mod looks really interesting.

In the original mod thread it says this mod kills the kerbals when the vessel runs out of life support. Is there a way to configure it so kerbals just become tourist until the receive more life support?

Thanks for your answer.

Edit: Just took a look. I see you can choose if they die or not. Thanks

Edited by Elkram

10 hours ago, nebuchadnezzar said:

@linuxgurugamer thank you for keeping this great mod alive, it has always been my favorite LS mod. You are a true hero of the KSP modding community, is there a way I can donate to your coffee/beer fund? 

Patreon is best:  https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

53 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

@linuxgurugamer, do you have any new beta of this mod, I've noticed the tanks (LS, sludge and slurry) all seem to store life support...

Although I've downloaded 1.4.2, I'm still playing KSP 1.3.1... :wink:

No updates, and this is going to be one of the last, since there are some bugs I need to fix