Jump to content

[1.12.x] Interstellar Flight Inc. Life Support


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Another thing, does your game run fine? The update intervals of life support in mine cause some serious stuttering. Making the update intervals longer reduce the amount but doesn't eliminate it completely.

Since I'm only early on in a new career, I haven't noticed lag that much.

When physics warping, I noticed that the option Display Update Frequency did cause massive lag when on 1 second. I suggest increasing the standard preset to maybe 5 seconds or so, @linuxgurugamer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Since I'm only early on in a new career, I haven't noticed lag that much.

When physics warping, I noticed that the option Display Update Frequency did cause massive lag when on 1 second. I suggest increasing the standard preset to maybe 5 seconds or so, @linuxgurugamer.

It's going to be updated to 15 seconds, with a minimum of 5,thanks

18 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

In my modded career I used the MK1 pod, removed all the Kibbles&Bits, but the life support estimate didn't update / shows the wrong amount still (here 3.00 instead of the 0.00 in the pod now):

I'll look into this, thanks

 

Edit:  I found the issue, it was set to show the max day, not what was available.  Will be fixed in next release

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New beta, 4.0.0.3 

  • Fixed issue when setting up new game, the difficulty buttons weren't working properly
  • Fixed Mode Selection window to make sure that at least one of each option is specified (needed for when adding to existing game)
  • Updated Display Update Frequency settings to have a min of 5, and set the default to 15.  Existing games will need to go into the settings to update it
  • Fixed Life Support Estimate window to show available LS, not max

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/IFI-Life-Support/releases/tag/4.0.0.3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You fixed all those issues already? Impressive :) !

One very minor issue I just found: In the options, right column, the difficulty setting "Normal" doesn't seem to do anything. "Easy", "Moderate" and "Hard" all set the sliders correctly. Clicking on "Normal" doesn't change the sliders from the previous selected difficulty.

 

 

I discovered another oddity: The PAW thinks there's only 0.04 Kibbles left (1), when all other resources show there's actually about 3 left (2 + 3) , @linuxgurugamer.

cP5SPBU.png

Edited by FasterThanFlourite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

One very minor issue I just found: In the options, right column, the difficulty setting "Normal" doesn't seem to do anything. "Easy", "Moderate" and "Hard" all set the sliders correctly. Clicking on "Normal" doesn't change the sliders from the previous selected difficulty

When initially setting up a new game, or while in a game?  Makes a difference in the code

17 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I discovered another oddity: The PAW thinks there's only 0.04 Kibbles left (1), when all other resources show there's actually about 3 left (2 + 3) ,

Thanks, found and fixed, was a left-over variable not being used correctly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

When initially setting up a new game, or while in a game?  Makes a difference in the code

While in a game.

When initially setting up a game, changing from "easy" to "normal", "moderate" or "hard" doesn't change the value below at all, actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

While in a game.

When initially setting up a game, changing from "easy" to "normal", "moderate" or "hard" doesn't change the value below at all, actually.

Turned out to be the same bug, I've fixed it, will be in next release

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New BETA release, 4.0.0.4 

  • Fixed difficulty setting "normal" changing the sliders
  • Fixed PAW display of LS available
  • Changed display frequency range to 15-300
  • Added toggle to hide unmanned vessels in status window

Hopefully getting close to a full release.  Still looking for some new models for CircularIntake and CryogenicAirSeperator, but not going to hold up the release for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Github lists only two source code files in the assets, the mod itself seems to be missing for the 4.0.0.4 release?

Oops.  I'll upload it when I get home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume you have it set to drop out of warp? Probably a hard coded message, I'll get that updated

 

5 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Under which filter tab category in the VAB are the parts supposed to show up @linuxgurugamer?

 

If there aren't any other reported bugs in the next day or so, I'll do a full release (with the bugfix for the hard-coded message, already fixed locally)

 

LGG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question to everyone:  Right now the limit to drop out of warp is 3 days or less of Kibbles & Bits.  I'm thinking of changing the upper limit to something higher than 3 days, would like some input on this.

Thx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Question to everyone:  Right now the limit to drop out of warp is 3 days or less of Kibbles & Bits.  I'm thinking of changing the upper limit to something higher than 3 days, would like some input on this.

Thx

I'm not playing with life supports mods anymore because of the high timewarp usage/comsumption bug that all have, but, as a person that can't play without OPM or similar planet packs that needs years of traveling, I can say that I will always prefer an option to stop warp when there's 10, 20, 30 or more days remaining of supplies because at high time warps 3 days happens in less than a second and KSP decides that the "Cancel warp" action could wait (Maybe) a couple of years to enforce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

high timewarp usage/comsumption bug

I spent a lot of work and time making sure that doesn't happen with this mod, and so far, in the current round of testing, I haven't heard it.

3 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

I can say that I will always prefer an option to stop warp when there's 10, 20, 30

Good feedback

3 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

high time warps 3 days happens in less than a second

In my testing, the 3 days was sufficient to prevent death, but may not be enough to allow corrective action.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I spent a lot of work and time making sure that doesn't happen with this mod, and so far, in the current round of testing, I haven't heard it.

I'll give it another chance then, I was just testing some mods in a fresh install

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In my testing, the 3 days was sufficient to prevent death, but may not be enough to allow corrective action.

If you use Time Control to allow the use of higher warp multipliers, (For example, to make the trip from Kerbin to Neidon or Plock-Karen bearable) 3 days can pass very fast

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

If you use Time Control to allow the use of higher warp multipliers, (For example, to make the trip from Kerbin to Neidon or Plock-Karen bearable) 3 days can pass very fast

I know, but hopefully the low K&B detection will work fast enough.

Next version will have the max days increased from 3 to 30 days, but the default will remain at 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do like the max increase of warning days.

There's one more change I'd suggest, @linuxgurugamer:

Would it be possible to make the height of the IFILS info window adjustable?

It's a bit awkward that we can see only / scroll through only one line at a time. It gets awkward quickly, when there's a couple of different life support modules on the vessel.

KjIzet5.png

Edited by FasterThanFlourite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I do like the max increase of warning days.

There's one more change I'd suggest, @linuxgurugamer:

Would it be possible to make the height of the IFILS info window adjustable?

It's a bit awkward that we can see only / scroll through only one line at a time. It gets awkward quickly, when there's a couple of different life support modules on the vessel.

KjIzet5.png

I can, but try the other skin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

New beta, release candidate, 4.0.0.5

  • Fixed screen message to show correct time when dropping out of warp instead of the hard-coded 3 days (now getting from settings!)
  • changed max value of warp dropout detection from 3 to 30 days
  • Moved window width toggle to top of window
  • Added resizing of windows using icon in lower right corner & saving of window positions for each scene where visible:
    • Editor, Space Center & Flight, for SpaceCenter & Flight, saves seperate positions for the expanded window
  • Added hiding window when game is paused
  • Changed hard-coded window id's to generated ones
  • Fixed time calculations to use:
    • FlightGlobals.GetHomeBody().solarDayLength
    • instead of:
    • 3600 * (GameSettings.KERBIN_TIME ? 6 : 24);
       

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/IFI-Life-Support/releases/tag/4.0.0.5

 

The time calculation fix was needed for various planet packs and Kopernicus.

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

New Beta,  4.0.0.6 (getting close to an RC)

  • Added I button (for info) to the editor window
  • Fixed nullref when adding a part to a vessel in the editor, was causing window calcs to be wrong
  • Added Planning Calculator window
  • Added X button to all windows    
  • Updated interval for refresh of checking experiment completions from 1 second to 15 seconds in flight
  • Updated interval refresh of checking experiment in editor to 0.25
  • Changed all resource ratios in configs from "Ratio" to either "RatioPerSec" or "RatioPerDay".  This will improve the ease of tuning and debugging, as well as improving the understanding of the ratio settings
  • Added new class IFI_ResourceRatio to work with the new ratio setups
  • Added 1.875m round tank
  • Added 5m round tank
  • Updated round tank descriptions with size in the title
  • Fixed the calculation and display of the slurry & sludge rate on unloaded vessels
  • Fixed the unloaded processing of recyclers
     

If anyone is interested in making a model, I'd still like to replace the compressor model with something a bit better, preferably with some moving parts.  Same goes for the Air Intake.

Let me know if you want to do one or both of these

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally, after a very long development, my first Release Candidate:

Version 4.0.0.7, RC 1

  • Prevented showing parts in the calculator which are beyond the configured level
  • Rebalanced all parts, rounded values and reduced some
  • Added Parts balance spreadsheet (may not be in release, but available on github)
  • Added patch config for Moldavite Machines parts (from JadeOfMaar)
  • Added code to unlock a locked LS tank (with K&B in it) if no unlocked K&B found (for loaded ships).  Locked tanks are ignored for shps on rails
  • Added tabs to the help window for the different part levels

Note:  If you were using a previous beta, the part configs have changed a bit, please recover all your ships before updating

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...