[1.12.x] Interstellar Flight Inc. Life Support

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at the point where I can use some beta testing.

Currently the only thing that is tested and which I'm willing to make available for testing is Classic Life Support.  Essentially, no recycling of any kind, you need to bring enough LS with you to survive the mission.

This is a BETA BUILD, do NOT use in your normal games

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/IFI-Life-Support/releases/tag/3.4.6

WARNING:  Do NOT go EVA with this build, your kerbal WILL die in 3 seconds

Known Issues

• EVA not yet working
  • Occasionally in the Editor, window will show strange data.  I need to be able to replicate this, if you can, please provide steps to do so
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jlcarneiro said:

Hello, @linuxgurugamer!

Due to KSP 1.4.x updates, I've been away while I wait for the "core" mods I like get updated.

Is there a new thread for this mod?

It seems the last entry is a month old...

No, I'm just not making a lot of progress with this.

The code is a mess, plus I don't really have the desire right now to work on it.  I hope to get back to it soon

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

For all who have been waiting, I finally have a beta release available.  I also updated the OP with new pictures and descriptions

BETA 4.0.0

• Added flag to toggle skin
  • Changed name of life support resource to "Kibbles & Bits"
  • Changed time to die from seconds to hours
  • Added option to not die during timewarp
  • Added configurable delay for display updates
  • All animations working properly.
  • Added code to prevent starting lights when solar panels are closed
  • Fixed air compressor scaling
  • Added textures to new tanks for liquid and gas O2
  • Added new tank parts from JadeOfMaar 
  • Combined existing tanks from 9 to 3, using B9 Part Switcher to switch between them
  • Removed IFITank parts, as they were just a duplicate of other tanks
  • Merged the K&B container tanks into one with variable sizing
  • Adjusted all  parts models to use the MODEL stanza
  • Set all rescaleFactor settings to 1, moved the scaling into the MODEL stanza
  • Fixed all attach node sizes and locations
  • Updated the metaball parts to liimit the switichable parts in flight

Note the dependencies:

Dependencies

I do need feedback, especially regarding the balance of the parts, are the recyclers/greenhouses too good, not good enough, etc.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/30/2018 at 2:38 AM, nebuchadnezzar said:

@linuxgurugamer any hope for this mod? I love it to death and have been holding out for it. Willing to help test if that'll help.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Hello, @linuxgurugamer!

Due to KSP 1.4.x updates, I've been away while I wait for the "core" mods I like get updated.

Is there a new thread for this mod?

It seems the last entry is a month old...

New beta released

New beta, 4.0.0.1

• Updated tank textures & parts, thanks to @JadeOfMaar
    • fixed white "eroded" patch in box texture.
    • deleted alternate textures for cylinder tank, no longer needed.
    • supplied new/revised/upsized decal textures at IFILS/Parts/Storage/decals/. These are 512px, not 256px. More decals will be produced in same style on request.
    • updated tiny box to start with 10 units of resource, not 1, because the tiny isn't that much smaller than the small. (Pardon me if it's really meant to be the previous way. I went out of scope by messing with that.)
    • added stack nodes to all box sizes.
    • welded new flag meshes to box and cylinder tanks.
    • updated all texture configs concerning decals.
    • changed mesh switch config for boxes to not require box models to be ripped and internally renamed. The formating is transform = <full path>/<filename (Clone).
    • supplied other box colors and configs for them in case they're wanted.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/IFI-Life-Support/releases/tag/4.0.0.1

• 4 months later...

I've been testing this mod and everything seems to be working fine except for one crucial thing, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what but my Kerbals don't produce Organic Slurry. If I add OS manually all recyclers work as intended, but eventually run out of OS. I read in the OP that some experiments are required before LS starts to work, is this the case also for sandbox or only for career?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update and the fixes :) ! The parts now do appear in the tech tree where they ought to.

Is it intended that you can toggle all four radio buttons for the difficulty values in the right column when setting up a new career game, @linuxgurugamer? Seems like it should be either / or instead, right?

wiyoNqp.png

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

3 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Thanks for the update and the fixes :) ! The parts now do appear in the tech tree where they ought to.

Is it intended that you can toggle all four radio buttons for the difficulty values in the right column when setting up a new career game, @linuxgurugamer? Seems like it should be either / or instead, right?

wiyoNqp.png

No, should only be one.  I thought I had fixed that, but will look again, thanks

54 minutes ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Small addendum, @linuxgurugamer: When setting up a new game, since the radio buttons are not exclusive, changing from easy to hard settings before the game doesn't change the associated values below.

Found and fixed, will be in next release.

FYI, this only happened when setting up a new game, not when modifying an existing one

Excellent!

There seems to be an issue with the life support estimate in the VAB, @linuxgurugamer

In my modded career I used the MK1 pod, removed all the Kibbles&Bits, but the life support estimate didn't update / shows the wrong amount still (here 3.00 instead of the 0.00 in the pod now):

oxbOtYm.png

Opening or closing the panel did not update it, nor did leaving and re-entering the VAB.

51 minutes ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Excellent!

There seems to be an issue with the life support estimate in the VAB, @linuxgurugamer

In my modded career I used the MK1 pod, removed all the Kibbles&Bits, but the life support estimate didn't update / shows the wrong amount still (here 3.00 instead of the 0.00 in the pod now):

oxbOtYm.png

Opening or closing the panel did not update it, nor did leaving and re-entering the VAB.

Happens to me as well, but then it shows the correct values in flight.

Another thing, does your game run fine? The update intervals of life support in mine cause some serious stuttering. Making the update intervals longer reduce the amount but doesn't eliminate it completely.