[1.3.1] Aviation Lights v3.14 [use MOARdV's version instead!]

BigNose

Interesting, maybe you should add that feature to your texture pack.

In fact that's exactly what I did! I was concerned I wouldn't be able to make it applicable to other players, but ModuleManager makes it easy to pull that off!

Anyway, the latest version will let the player cycle through all the textures for each individual light, instead of having to semi-permanently replace the textures outside of the game to see them (Firespitter and ModuleManager needed for the latest version to work).

Meanwhile, I've been trying to see if it's possible to tap into the tweakables aspect of the latest game versions. Specifically, I'm thinking there's got to be a way to turn on the lights in the VAB/SPH like we can with other lights, so we can work out lighting distribution without having to launch/recover again and again to see the effects of our build.

• 2 weeks later...

When I follow the mediafire link, I get the message:

[h=3]File Blocked for Violation.[/h]The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

When I follow the mediafire link, I get the message:

[h=3]File Blocked for Violation.[/h]The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Link is dead mate :(

Deleted old file and reupped, should be working now.

• 3 weeks later...
I really like this mod, I don't suppose you are planning to make this compatible with KAS so lights can be placed and removed in EVA? It would be awesome to be able to do this!

That's pretty easy to do. So easy in fact, that if you REALLY wanted it, you can do it youself by copying the KAS Module "GRAB" from any part.cfg (of a part which can be grabbed with KAS, of course) to the lights. I recommend using the RCS Block's version, they are relativly similar in size and attachment. You can find it in the KAS/addModule.cfg.

I'm pretty sure someone has done this before and posted it in this thread.

Edited by BigNose

I really like this mod, I don't suppose you are planning to make this compatible with KAS so lights can be placed and removed in EVA? It would be awesome to be able to do this!

That's pretty easy to do. So easy in fact, that if you REALLY wanted it, you can do it youself by copying the KAS Module "GRAB" from any part.cfg (of a part which can be grabbed with KAS, of course) to the lights. I recommend using the RCS Block's version, they are relativly similar in size and attachment. You can find it in the KAS/addModule.cfg.

I'm pretty sure someone has done this before and posted it in this thread, let me search real quick: [flies away]

Someone else did post that in this thread before, which is where I got it from. I should have made a note about who :(. Anyway, not mine, but here it is:

@PART[light*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleNavLight]]:NEEDS[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.15)
evaPartDir = (0.0, 0.0, -1.0)
storable = true
storedSize = 5
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
}
}

Caution: I have not used KAS nor this mod in a while so no guarantees that it'll work. I've been spending what little KSP time that I have working on my own mods. Hopefully I'll have time soon to put together a play install. This will definitely be one of the mods that I'll use then.

Edited by TaranisElsu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here I used Aviation Lights to color-code the various modules on my space station, SkyPad 4A. Green is for Vegetation Modules, blue is for (power) Generation Modules, amber is for Communication Modules, and red is for Habitation Modules.

M7xGk+

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know what would be required but it would be awesome if these lights were tweakscale compatible.

any chance of that in a future version?

Then you might run the chance of getting the mirror bug were the cloned part is at maxed size with no way to adjust it and NRE's flooding the log. But it would still me nice, and I think it would not take too long to make a quick config for em.

Back in 0.23 I ran into issues where the 'state' of the lights didn't save correctly (when action groups were used). Did that ever get fixed?

Yep, they properly retain their state now. As you can read in the changelog.

EDIT: Sorry for being kind of dead guys, but RL is not making it easy for me right now.

Edited by BigNose

Then you might run the chance of getting the mirror bug were the cloned part is at maxed size with no way to adjust it and NRE's flooding the log. But it would still me nice, and I think it would not take too long to make a quick config for em.

Ah! I hadn't come across that bug, thanks Damaske

Yep, they properly retain their state now. As you can read in the changelog.

EDIT: Sorry for being kind of dead guys, but RL is not making it easy for me right now.

No worries BigNose (it feels so wrong calling you that :( ) hehe

no need to apologise, RL comes first and you owe us nothing :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.