[1.3.1] Aviation Lights v3.14 [use MOARdV's version instead!]

BigNose

On 4/11/2016 at 7:20 AM, MOARdV said:

I've recompiled this mod for KSP 1.1 (build 1196, although I don't think build number matters in this case).  The link is on DropBox.  Per the terms of the license, this is code originally from RPGprayer, edited by BigNose, Why485, GROOV3ST3R, JDP, J.Random, and now MOARdV.  Source is included in the ZIP, same as previous versions.

EDIT: The license (still) is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/)

tyvm kind sir

Sorry for my poor english. 

Mind if i ask, is this mod compatible for the newest 1.1 version soon?

Seems the current version of this mod doesn't work in the recent 1.1 KSP. (The lights can be turn on or blink, may be because of the new unity 5 engine?)

Hope this mod will be update soon.

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, Karlfeldt said:

Sorry for my poor english. 

Mind if i ask, is this mod compatible for the newest 1.1 version soon?

Seems the current version of this mod doesn't work in the recent 1.1 KSP. (The lights can be turn on or blink, may be because of the new unity 5 engine?)

Hope this mod will be update soon.

Thanks a lot!

Look up on this page for MOARdV's recompile for KSP 1.1.  And your English is fine. :)

Now to add that flare graphic from the new landing gear to these lights. It would be cool to see the aviation lights pop as flares at a distance.

I hope Squad re-does the basic lights soon -- being able to stare right into powerful spotlights and only see a soft, yellow glow is weird... :) It's especially disconcerting to look right at a white strobe and not even tell that it's on other than it lighting things around it.

On April 21, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Stone Blue said:

Just an FYI for anyone interested, I havent "officially" posted it yet, but the DeadSkins for AviationLights Continued version 1.4b did not need any changes for 1.1 compatability.... So version 1.4b is KSP fully v1.0 to v1.1 compatible :)

Huh. I tried to install it with Aviation Lights a couple weeks ago during the pre-release but didn't get the skin options in the VAB. May need to try again.

@LameLefty When I was first testing for 1.1 compat, i didnt get them either... Make sure you have MOARdV's AviationLights recompile for 1.1 a few posts up, as well as 1.1 compat versions of ModuleManager AND the Firespitter plugin (both are dependencies, but NOT distributed with DeadSkins)

Edited by Stone Blue

17 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@LameLefty When I was first testing for 1.1 compat, i didnt get them either... Make sure you have MOARdV's AviationLights recompile for 1.1 a few posts up, as well as 1.1 compat versions of ModuleManager AND the Firespitter plugin (both are dependencies, but NOT distributed with DeadSkins)

Ah, missed/forgot about the Firespitter dependency. I haven't used it since probably .90 or earlier. Is there a 1.1 compatible version floating around? Guess it's time to go look.

On 11-4-2016 at 2:20 PM, MOARdV said:

I've recompiled this mod for KSP 1.1 (build 1196, although I don't think build number matters in this case).  The link is on DropBox

Awesome! Thank you so very much! Is it possible to make this the "official" update for Aviation Lights? I've added these lights virtually to all my craft and replacing them with a new mod would mean starting a new career...

Is this mod being officially maintained, or just unofficially?  I see the post about it being recompiled for v1.1.x, are there any plans to officially release such an update (possibly on SpaceDock?) and / or to update the OP of this thread?

On April 30, 2016 at 4:42 PM, MOARdV said:

Works fine for me, too. I suspect I'd post an update if it didn't. :)

8 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Is this mod being officially maintained, or just unofficially?  I see the post about it being recompiled for v1.1.x, are there any plans to officially release such an update (possibly on SpaceDock?) and / or to update the OP of this thread?

That's really a question for @MOARdV I guess, since the original author ( @BigNose) doesn't seem interested. I see from his profile he's still around though (last visit to the forum was yesterday). Maybe he just doesn't realize how many people enjoy this mod, or doesn't have time to update it himself?

Edited by LameLefty

2 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

That's really a question for @MOARdV I guess, since the original author is AWOL.

I am unofficially maintaining it. I think I'll put the code up on GitHub this weekend, since that's where the mods I maintain all reside.  As for updating the original post, that's something a moderator or the original post creator would have to do.  That should probably wait until I've got the GitHub thing set up, so there's a better place to get the mod than my DropBox account.

Okay, I've put my update to AviationLights on GitHub.  I included the v3.8 version of the source so it's easy to see what changed from KSP 1.0.5 to KSP 1.1.0.  Since the source is on GItHub, I left it out of the updated zip file.  If you downloaded the version I released previously, you do not need to download this one - nothing changed that affected this mod since the KSP 1.1 pre-release.

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Okay, I've put my update to AviationLights on GitHub.  I included the v3.8 version of the source so it's easy to see what changed from KSP 1.0.5 to KSP 1.1.0.  Since the source is on GItHub, I left it out of the updated zip file.  If you downloaded the version I released previously, you do not need to download this one - nothing changed that affected this mod since the KSP 1.1 pre-release.

Thank you for taking over this small but wonderful little mod. :) 

Is there any chance you might start a new thread or ask a Mod to edit the first post to reflect the new version so other folks might find it?

2 hours ago, LameLefty said:

Is there any chance you might start a new thread or ask a Mod to edit the first post to reflect the new version so other folks might find it?

I'll start something later when the Mother's Day activities wind down.

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎08 at 0:41 PM, LameLefty said:

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎08 at 3:06 PM, MOARdV said:

I'll start something later when the Mother's Day activities wind down.

Might I also ask that someone consider posting this mod to Spacedock as well?

1 hour ago, Diesel5187 said:

CKAN too? lol

No, actually.  First off, CKAN is CKAN, it's maintained by separate people.  I don't know of any official rules on the matter, but I for one think it's rather rude to ask one mod author to maintain someone else's mod.  Second, Spacedock kind of not only allows for very easy CKAN enrollment if the mod author wishes to set it up, it also makes it easy for someone else at CKAN to set it up using the publicly available Spacedock information.

Also, I'm entirely not understanding the "lol" aspect.

18 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Might I also ask that someone consider posting this mod to Spacedock as well?

2 hours ago, Diesel5187 said:

CKAN too? lol

Well, that "someone", should only be either BigNose or MOARdV, at this point...

23 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

@BigNose any chance of us getting a tutorial on how to get lights to work with KSP?

MOARdV kindly fixed this AddOn to work with the most recent KSP version, I just updated the front page.

You can get the working version on the GitHub he set up, right here: https://github.com/MOARdV/AviationLights/releases

Sorry for being so absent guys, but I really have my focus elsewhere right now. But I'm still glad everyone who likes this mod now can use it again, thank you MOARdV for your kindness in doing this! :)

1 hour ago, BigNose said:

MOARdV kindly fixed this AddOn to work with the most recent KSP version, I just updated the front page.

You can get the working version on the GitHub he set up, right here: https://github.com/MOARdV/AviationLights/releases

Sorry for being so absent guys, but I really have my focus elsewhere right now. But I'm still glad everyone who likes this mod now can use it again, thank you MOARdV for your kindness in doing this! :)

In that case @MOARdV could we get a quick tutorial by chance?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.