[1.3.1] Aviation Lights v3.14 [use MOARdV's version instead!]

BigNose

I love Aviation Lights and put them on every craft I build. Thanks for the work in creating alternate textures, Deadweasel. Variety is good.

I did notice a typo in your Readme file. You refer to a folder in the directory structure as "Deadskins" when it's actually "Light Sets." Might be confusing to some.

Anyway, thanks again. The pyramid texture is what I'm gonna be using. :)

Ok, link to your post #524 is up, I suggest you edit the post to a proper release page, with a big 'Deadweasel's DeadSkins for AviationLights' caption and discription of your pack with some screenshots. You know how it is these days: no pics no clicks.

It should look a little more... official... if you know what I mean. I would do it myself, but I think advertising for you textures is your job.

Also, I expanded the license so I can not be held responsible for the content of your pack, not that I'm paranoid or something, I do trust you, but you never know where malware is able to sneak itself in.

Very cool, thanks a bunch!

I'll see about getting the final touches done in just a bit. Had another idea I need to see about... :D

I love Aviation Lights and put them on every craft I build. Thanks for the work in creating alternate textures, Deadweasel. Variety is good.

I did notice a typo in your Readme file. You refer to a folder in the directory structure as "Deadskins" when it's actually "Light Sets." Might be confusing to some.

Anyway, thanks again. The pyramid texture is what I'm gonna be using. :)

Thanks for the heads-up! I ended up changing the folder name after creating the archive, but forgot to change the contents to match. That'll be fixed in just a bit.

BigNose: Is there a way to get the models to show facing forward in the VAB/SPH? Currently they're all rotated so all you can see is the light body, which forces you to mouse over to see what's what, either by its name or waiting for the image to rotate around.

BigNose: Is there a way to get the models to show facing forward in the VAB/SPH? Currently they're all rotated so all you can see is the light body, which forces you to mouse over to see what's what, either by its name or waiting for the image to rotate around.

This is weird indeed, but I never found a way to rotate them per config. If anyone knows how to do that, I would be grateful.

EDIT: How about making a coloured dot on the back of the casing? Not quite a solution but a work-around for now.

Edited by BigNose

EDIT: How about making a coloured dot on the back of the casing? Not quite a solution but a work-around for now.
Works. Definitely inelegant, but it works.

My ideal for these moving forward would be for there to be one aviationlight part and the color and brightness defined as a tweakable.

Works. Definitely inelegant, but it works.

My ideal for these moving forward would be for there to be one aviationlight part and the color and brightness defined as a tweakable.

A colored dot is a great idea for the interim!

As for tweakables, I agree it would be pretty cool, but perhaps limited to a singular special light instead. After all, we have tweakable color lights already, and I for one am not prepared to start having to manually set the color for every light I put down. I use them a LOT, and wouldn't like having to play with sliders all day long. Maybe if there were button presets for the standard colors along with the sliders, that could be a decent compromise.

Now, off to add those aforementioned dots. :D

Actually, if you rationalize the colored dot as a color coded sign saying what color the light is... it works. And it's pretty Kerbal-ish. Almost to the point of "pour... water... out of a boot" level.

Actually, if you rationalize the colored dot as a color coded sign saying what color the light is... it works. And it's pretty Kerbal-ish. Almost to the point of "pour... water... out of a boot" level.

LOL

Just wait, I'm working on screenshots for what I came up with. VERY kerbal-ish, I must say! :D

EDIT:

So kerbal, they might as well all be green! :D

slide6.png

Edited by Deadweasel

As for tweakables, I agree it would be pretty cool, but perhaps limited to a singular special light instead. After all, we have tweakable color lights already, and I for one am not prepared to start having to manually set the color for every light I put down. I use them a LOT, and wouldn't like having to play with sliders all day long. Maybe if there were button presets for the standard colors along with the sliders, that could be a decent compromise.
Pretty much exactly what I was trying to propose :)

• 1 month later...

I absolutely love these things!

They are ... precious to me ... yes, precious ...

As for a suggestion, how about being able to tweak the individual lights in the VAB/SPH via their context menu? Start on/off, select flash, double-flash, interval, RGB. You can do all this via actiongroups, but if all you want to do, is set them up once and forget about them, why waste a hotkey?

Again, great job with this. They make a huge difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot confirm 0.24 compatibility:

I tried both - copying over my aviationlights dir from 0.35, and redownloading a new version: While i can switch the lights to permanently on, and permanently off, the "animated" modes do not work: The light just stays on permanently.

Mods loaded:

- Blizzys toolbar

- Modulemanager

- VOID

- Action Groups Manager

- RCSBuildAid

- Ship Manifest

- ChopIt

Can´t confirm rynaks observations.

Here everything works. KSP64 - Windows. No other mods loaded, everything works as advertised;)

same here. I put them all on a part with different modes and they work nice. Also the alternative skins work (well, they cant brake much ^^ )

Removed all mods, even the nasa asteroid mission, so that the only dirs in gamedata are squad and aviationlights (freshly downloaded from curse). Launched KSP, went into sandbox mode, SPH, took the stock inline MK1 cockpit and attached a white navlight to it. Went to launch, rightclicked on the navlight, and tried the various modes - the light only either is constantly on or off.

If i launch my 0.35 install instead (seperate KSP dir), everything works fine. The KSP settings also should be identical, since i just copied over the settings file to 0.40.

Graphics settings are set to low, 4 pixellights. X32 on XP SP3. Will now try to get a log.

@rynak: I have no idea what's the problem here. If you are using v3.6 and installed it correctly (which is hard to do wrong since we have modfolders), I cannot really imagine what's wrong except something inherent to your system. The logs are looking normal.

The fact that it worked for you in 0.23.5 concerns me though... But I can't reproduce your bug, everything is working perfectly well for me and apparently many others.

I notice that everyone who said that "it works here", either was on 64bit or didn't mention if he was running 32bit or 64bit.

Sooo, is there anyone for whom this works properly on 32bit XP?

I notice that everyone who said that "it works here", either was on 64bit or didn't mention if he was running 32bit or 64bit.

Um... like, everybody since release? :D

32 bit Windows Vista Business with only 2GB memory on a 2.5GHz Athlon dual core processor. Aviation Lights works fine for me.

Rx9wS8W.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.