Lack of reentry heating

I've been playing in a career save for a while, but recently I've started noticing that spacecraft landed with the same anmount of ablator they had at launch. I've done some testing and it turns out that nothing is destroyed on reentry at all (at least not from overheating). I have no idea what caused this. I've even tried deleting all the mods (which makes all the spacecraft in orbit incompatible, but still...). Can anyone help me out with this?

The save file

There is a long list of mods I'm using, but as I've said, the issue appears without them too

50 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

Is reentry heating turned on in the save settings? Could somehow got deactivated

Turns out the ReentryHeatScale was set to 0.1. I've tried changing this before, but it didn't work. This time I tried copying the parts of the older save and this time parts are heating up. This may have happened because I tend to use 1,0 rather then 1.0. Not a big a difference, but enough for the code not to work. Still have no idea how it changed tho...

Edited by notJebKerman

2 hours ago, TheKorbinger said:

If you're a risk taker, drag it to 1.2x

I play with it at this level and it is not in any way, shape, or form risky if you run your space flights in a semi-realistic manner (which you will do if you have the "Kerbals affected by g-forces" rule enabled). Most heatshields carry an inordinate amount of ablator anyway so that is always a place to reduce mass.

Edited by regex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.