[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: DADV-1

silentvelcro

DADV.png

DADV-1. (Ver 1.1)

4 seat Duna Ascent & Descent Vehicle. Can be used in conjuction with the DBC01(Duna Base Camp) space station to land to the surface of Duna and return to orbit, refuel and repeat.
Features a habitation module and a science lab. It is recomended you use the HOYO docking port which fits the DADV nose cone. Find it here.
Included is a decoupler that can be used to attach the ship to the AresV LonesomeRobots rocket so you can put the ship to orbit and send it to Duna. Find it here. Alternatively it will fit any 7.75m rocket.
For the IVA players, in order for the huge helmets to fit the interior, the default pilot/co pilot views are pretty low. If you want a better view click on the front windows. Same applies for the Habitation module views.
I tried several approaches to emulate the elevator but nothing worked. If anyone has any suggestions please PM me and i will credit you for your help.
Please suggest any improvements you may have in mind for the mod.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (For Reflections), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing legs. It is absolutely needed for the landing legs to work.), ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1, TDProps 1.1.1.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1602/DADV-1. LonesomeRobots Aerospace

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from KSP 1.3.1.

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
KSPWheel created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.
TDProps 1.1.1 created by TiktaalikDreaming. Redistributed as per license.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DADV-1.
(Ver 1.0)

4 seat Duna Ascent & Descent Vehicle. Can be used in conjuction with a space station to land to the surface of Duna and return to orbit, refuel and repeat.
DBC01 (Duna Base Camp) space station is in the works and will be the next release.
Features a habitation module and a science lab. It is recomended you use the HOYO docking port which fits the DADV nose cone. Find it here.
Included is a decoupler that can be used to attach the ship to the AresV LonesomeRobots rocket so you can put the ship to orbit and send it to Duna. Find it here. Alternatively it will fit any 7.75m rocket.
For the IVA players, in order for the huge helmets to fit the interior, the default pilot/co pilot views are pretty low. If you want a better view click on the front windows. Same applies for the Habitation module views.
I tried several approaches to emulate the elevator but nothing worked. If anyone has any suggestions please PM me and i will credit you for your help.
Please suggest any improvements you may have in mind for the mod.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TextureReplacer (For Reflections), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), KSPWheel (For the landing legs. It is absolutely needed for the landing legs to work.), ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1, TDProps 1.1.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1602/DADV-1. LonesomeRobots Aerospace

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from KSP 1.3.1.

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TextureReplacer created by ducakar. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
KSPWheel created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.
TDProps 1.1 created by TiktaalikDreaming. Redistributed as per license.

Screenshots

OCrqmjJ.jpg

Cockpit
JJCjDzL.jpg

Habitation module
2adm0uX.jpg

Science lab and airlock
tWwd89C.jpg

Edited by silentvelcro
Update

You mention the crew views being very low because of the large helmets. You can have the helmets removed in IVA with a line in the internal config (take a look at the config for the Mk1 Cockpit; I can't remember exactly what it is). I understand if you want the crew to have helmets on, but that is an option if you want. :)

2 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Exit hatch ? can't seem to find one click on EVA to one of the Kerbals and nope nothing happens .

The exit hatch is located on the Science Lab Module. Transfer your Kerbal there and then you can exit.

9 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Will there be a launcher for this BUTIFULL MOD!!!

Hi! Thank you for your kind words. You can use the LonesomeRobots AresV to launch the vehicle and send it to Duna. I include a link at the description at the top.

6 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

You mention the crew views being very low because of the large helmets. You can have the helmets removed in IVA with a line in the internal config (take a look at the config for the Mk1 Cockpit; I can't remember exactly what it is). I understand if you want the crew to have helmets on, but that is an option if you want. :)

Thank you for your recommendation, i am aware of that, but i want the Kerbal to fit correctly in the cockpit in any situation.

Edited by silentvelcro

I couldn't wait to give this mod the test flight it deserved.  So, I'm running Stock Size Real Solar System, and used Hyperedit to put the Daddy-Vee (that's what my Kerbalnauts have affectionately nicknamed it) into orbit around Mars.

Here it is after entry burn (moving left-right).

dvnpWnF.jpg

A little atmospheric breaking and coasting (moving left-right),

5KoSHVB.jpg

Descent to surface,

WAJXQwa.jpg

Bad landing spot choice?  No problem.  Daddy-Vee easily handles this 12.3-degree grade.

YWACma5.jpg

I have so much to say about this mod, but I have to go to work now.  Thanks Silentvelcro.  This is like getting an early Christmas present.

Edited by thomash

12 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@silentvelcro Ever heard of Textures Unlimited mod? With it, player could recolor and make it shiny, it also come with a texture switch. Just something to consider.

Yes  i found out about Textures Unlimited after i finished working on this. I intend to switch to that and drop the Texture Replacer for all my mods on the next update. I haven't completely figured it out yet :)

4 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

If you double-click on the window the camera will zoom up and forward.  From that position you have a much better point-of-view (IMHO).  :)

2 hours ago, silentvelcro said:

Yes  i found out about Textures Unlimited after i finished working on this. I intend to switch to that and drop the Texture Replacer for all my mods on the next update. I haven't completely figured it out yet :)

Shadowmage Is very supportive. There is also Electrocutor that is starting to know Textures Unlimited very well. I would like to also point out that SSTU would allow you to reduce the amount of part if you ever wished to. Maybe even a single one, that would make it extremely easy to control when flying in atmo. If you are interested by that, I would gladly offer you my help.

Nice video by Kottabos.  He's right about the flight handling.  It's really fun to fly.  Very predictable, and it does what it is supposed to.  

1 hour ago, debaker02 said:

Question, is there a way to replace the shiney parts with a non metallic finish?

No, please no!  I love the shiny parts.  :D

I love everything about this craft, including the textures.    

Liking this mod,  only thing I think you need is sorta service bay for experiments and stuff.  Other option would maybe put a bay on the opposite side of the hatch,  but getting to it would be a PITA,  maybe a service bay that has the same form factor as a habitat so you can use it a service bay instead of habititat

Amazing timing.  I was planning a Duna manned mission for xmas then I saw this mod on Kottabos' reviews.  The mod looks great but I'm looking to integrate into an existing career.  What do you mean by "merge" in the install instructions. 

9 hours ago, SeaTac said:

Amazing timing.  I was planning a Duna manned mission for xmas then I saw this mod on Kottabos' reviews.  The mod looks great but I'm looking to integrate into an existing career.  What do you mean by "merge" in the install instructions. 

Silentvelcro has some more mods which are installed in the same folder in GameData. So you must merge every mod of Silentvelcro in this folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.