Docking training bug

Hi,

I am practising the docking training of KSP training. One of the most difficult things I have ever done.

But I have a problem, when below 100m of target, the tutorial tells us to right click the target docking port.

But it's not working...

It's not easy to find the other ship docking point because of relative movement. But even, I tried to right click everywhere on the ship, the only thing I managed to do is to detarget and retarget the ship...

How should I do?

Thanks

This is a screenshot of the situation:

08E44643EBBAD4697377580E3E4C006C2C1E56B5

Edited by Philae & Rosetta

This used to be much easier before 1.2 came out. I usually turn the camera as sideways as I can, when the target is within 100m. Then just ease the cursor over the nose of the ship and the docking port will be highlighted. You'll then get the option to "set as target".

You might find it easier this way, though: when you get close enough, just double-click the target ship to deselect it. Now when you ease the cursor over the nose, the docking port should be the first thing that gets highlighted. Hit "set as target". It usually works pretty well.

Just saw the screenshot you added. Definitely just double-click the ship to un-target it. Then bring the cursor over the top, where the nose is. It should highlight easily.

Edited by Cpt Kerbalkrunch

Thanks for answer.

I usually start targeting docking port at a distance about 10-20m. 60m seems too far to click on any small parts on the target ship

You are probably right, but there is a risk of collision so close. but next time I will try this way 

I was trying 60m and the tutorial tells 100m...It should be updated ^^

Edited by Philae & Rosetta

52 minutes ago, Philae & Rosetta said:

the only thing I managed to do is to detarget and retarget the ship

Your SAS should be set to "retrograde" in that pic, and your speed should be below 1 m/s. That makes it a lot easier to aim.

And if clicking is targeting and retargeting -- that means you are left clicking. *tsk tsk*

The easy way to do this is to switch ships using the hotkey ("[" or "]" I think), right click the docking port in question to bring the window up, then switch ships again. The window from the docking port should be still up on screen allowing you to select the docking port.

Edited by Plusck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.