Help with Relationships Thread

NSEP

Just now, Earthlinger said:

Ah, yes, the horrors of rumors that plague teenage relationships :P

There's not much you can do except politely correct people when they think you're together. Eventually, they'll see that nothing is happening, and they'll (hopefully) move on.

If not, then, welp.

I think im going to tell my ex-crush i am not in love with this my friend before she has the chance talk to my friend. Ending the whole rumor early. If the rumor sticks and politely telling everyone doesn't work out, i will have to raise my voice a little bit.

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

While exclusively sticking with my fellow nerds from all other years

Ah, if only I didn't move around so much :(

My dog has been around longer than most of my friends XD

And so - my best friend is now also my girlfriend :) It was kinda awkward, because I expected something else to happen, but it was actually pretty quick and casual. But she and I are really happy about it. :D

Edited by Spaceception

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

And so - my best friend is now also my girlfriend :) It was kinda awkward, because I expected something else to happen, but it was actually pretty quick and casual. But she and I are really happy about it. :D

469647519.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=oimHz

39 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I mean, it'd be weird if this wasnt the case :D

Uh oh

Whenever i go to this thread, i see happy and successful people finding love, awesome!

bursts in tears

1 hour ago, Spaceception said:

Image result for thumbs up gif
Chuck Norris approves!

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Uh oh

Whenever i go to this thread, i see happy and successful people finding love, awesome!

bursts in tears

Well I've found love...and Im quiiiite happy....what was the next part? Was it gaming because if so then Im set.

4 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Well I've found love...and Im quiiiite happy....what was the next part? Was it gaming because if so then Im set.

I believe gaming only makes up about 30% of the satisfaction

Forty percent is food, and the remaining portion is comprised of books

:rolleyes:

Edited by Earthlinger

Alot of people tell me that my ex-crush breaking up with her boyfriend gives me a 'second chance', but i think that takes it a little too far. I don't think she knows i know she broke up, and neither do i know if she still has any interest in me. 

What do you think i should do? Should i ask her for a second chance or do i have to wait for her to tell me about it and what she wants? Should i leave her alone?

7 hours ago, NSEP said:

bursts in tears

Don't worry.

You can't be more unlucky than me.

By the way: What's a "friend"? I hear it all the time, but don't know really know what it means.

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

Alot of people tell me that my ex-crush breaking up with her boyfriend gives me a 'second chance', but i think that takes it a little too far. I don't think she knows i know she broke up, and neither do i know if she still has any interest in me. 

What do you think i should do? Should i ask her for a second chance or do i have to wait for her to tell me about it and what she wants? Should i leave her alone?

One risk is the "50 % Rule" (a personal designation of the phenomenon I was able to observe for a few years); a second experience with the same person will be shorter of about half the time, and the third will be half of the second. There is some exceptions of course, but I cannot count how many of my friends have asked me if it was a good idea to go back with a person they already have been with. Every time I told them not to try, every time they went back to see their ex, and every time it ended sooner than the first time.

And the worst in the story? I made the same mistake, not one, not two or even three, but four times with the same person...

Ok, i may need help here

This gal im friends with, we're both weather geeks, i love aviation, she wants to get into aviation, no idea how to see if she is A:interested and B:would be interested, i'd like to not directly ask (im a coward, ok!:sticktongue:). I dont know why, but every one thinks were in a relationship already too (many awkward moments).

Must be because we are always together during lunch or something 

17 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

(im a coward, ok!:sticktongue:)

Don't worry, a lot of us are! I am usually as well...

17 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

This gal im friends with, we're both weather geeks, i love aviation, she wants to get into aviation, no idea how to see if she is A:interested and B:would be interested, i'd like to not directly ask (im a coward, ok!:sticktongue:). I dont know why, but every one thinks were in a relationship already too (many awkward moments).

Must be because we are always together during lunch or something 

I'm not the most qualified person to give advice by a long shot, but I'd suggest to think about what you want a little - whether or not you want her as a girlfriend more than a friend (and the implications of that).

As far as figuring out if she likes you back, there are signs, but most of us are blind to them anyway so that might not be the best way to go. You could ask a friend of yours (or hers) to ask her and relay the information to you, but that comes with its own set of risks (if they tell everyone, if she finds out you sent them, etc.).

But again - if you are great friends and you want it to stay that way, then just keep it that way. If you want to be girl/boyfriends, then you're going to have to go for it sometime. Whatever you do, don't end up like me, I was extremely socially inept for a while and liked a girl for 3.5 years (and then she came out).

Unrelatedly, does anyone have any Prom advice? What to expect, how to prepare? :) I'm new at this...

13 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

You could ask a friend of yours (or hers) to ask her and relay the information to you, but that comes with its own set of risks (if they tell everyone, if she finds out you sent them, etc.).

The sliiight problem with that is we generally keep to ourselves, and not much more people

32 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

My girlfriend and I (I SAID THAT CASUALLY!!!), have been talking about it for a couple weeks, and one of us may fly over to the other to meet up for at least a week. I'm both nervous and excited.

:)

I'm running out of congratulatory memes lol

Wait, how far apart do you even live?

Here's a fun story about my first "date" (I had had a girlfriend and stuff before, but at uni you dont really "date" so much as...fuse? I dunno, anyway...)

So 1st date goes quite well (met on dating website, not especially relevant) and shared a kiss on the lips at the end.

Later, me arriving for 2nd date, am wondering how I should greet her? 

I go for what I intended to be a brief kiss, on the lips, following on from date #1.

She offered her cheek.

So what we got was me smearing my lips broadly across her face, starting somewhere near her mouth and ending not far from the corner of her eye.

Her almost complete lack of [visible] reaction spoke volumes.

This is one of my "lying awake at night" memories. Even now Im sitting here thinking "Maybe one day the ground will swallow me up and I wont have to remember that again".

Edited by p1t1o

27 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

:)

I'm running out of congratulatory memes lol

Wait, how far apart do you even live?

Opposite side of the world. She lives in southeast Asia (I'm not sure I want to get more specific than that). Round trip flights are about $1k Usually $1.1k at least.

2 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Opposite side of the world. She lives in southeast Asia (I'm not sure I want to get more specific than that). Round trip flights are about $1k Usually $1.1k at least.

Oh

10 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

Opposite side of the world. She lives in southeast Asia (I'm not sure I want to get more specific than that).

Hello !

Just so you know, there are 10 11 countries in SE Asia :wink:

Edited by YNM

2 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Oh

Yep. It's all good though. We'll figure it out :)

2 minutes ago, YNM said:

Hello !

Just so you know, there are 10 countries in SE Asia :wink:

Yeah :) I don't think I want to explicitly name her home country I mean -

8 hours ago, Spaceception said:

I don't think I want to explicitly name her home country I mean -

There are subtle ways to refer which archipelago (or continental area) you're referring...

At least for me, I can say we have the Across country, the Across island, the Neighbor's Neighbor, the Islands Up Top, the Intact, the rest of continent (I think there's just too much for that one).

But it's your preference. Buena suerte !

Oh, and in the case of anyone wondering "what about yourself ?" :

No, I'm not in any "relationship" and no, I'm not interested in any for the time being.

Edited by YNM
Merged posts per Moderator suggestion.

Well, I am still alone.

But now it feels creepy, I became less talkative at the school, during the brake I just plug in my headphones and mind my own business.

And the creepy part, is that I started to wake up at about 5 or 4 o'clock in the morning, not knowing why. Sometimes, the moment I wake up, I hear the sounds from the street and from inside the house and I feel very, very alone. 

I don't really want to have a girlfriend. I am often sick and I don't want to make any trouble for anyone around me. 

Sometimes, I think whether I will crack under the pressure, turn around and try to act social.

But for now, I am alone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.