Help with Relationships Thread

NSEP

Hmmm... based on context and my own impressions... I'd estimate in the range of 10-12 cm per hour rainfall. That's a pretty good drenching, and certainly enough to put a damper on anyone's day, and is also well within the reasonable rate from a thunderstorm (albeit only for a short time).

I assume you were a gentleman and offered her your coat (or at least a towel) afterwards? ;) 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m a foreign exchange student in Germany. Leaving Thursday. Hung out with this group of Germans including a girl i like. Hang out at this festival.
Walk to bus station. On the way there and on the bus she seems really interested in what I’m saying and stuff (America).
I want to at least get her Snapchat. How do I do that in the least creepy way possible?

2 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

I’m a foreign exchange student in Germany. Leaving Thursday. Hung out with this group of Germans including a girl i like. Hang out at this festival.
Walk to bus station. On the way there and on the bus she seems really interested in what I’m saying and stuff (America).
I want to at least get her Snapchat. How do I do that in the least creepy way possible?

In the middle of a conversation, I'd guess just ask? "Hey, is there a chance I could get your snapchat?"

At least over here (I don't have a phone so I'm left out) it seems like everyone has everyone's snapchats. It's almost public, although things might be very different over there. The worst that could happen in this situation isn't really that bad (you're leaving soon I gather) so you should feel more inclined to take a chance.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

The worst that could happen in this situation isn't really that bad (you're leaving soon I gather) so you should feel more inclined to take a chance.

Im probably never going to see her again, so why not I guess. 

It will just be awkward in the moment if it get awkward.

Been planning to do it but never built up with will power. Since it’s my last chance, I have to. 

Edited by munlander1

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

Im probably never going to see her again, so why not I guess. 

It will just be awkward in the moment if it get awkward.

Been planning to do it but never built up with will power. Since it’s my last chance, I have to. 

Go munlander go!

My girlfriend and I have nicknames for each other :DD

Nothing silly or weird like honey, or boo (I really don't like those, neither does she), or anything like that. A nice nickname. She and I are doing great too!!

Some bad news had to have come up though, and visiting her will likely be delayed. I won't going to go into too much detail, and it's nothing physical or anything, but I can't get a job at the moment :/ 

7 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I don't have a phone so I'm left out

Yes! I'm not alone :D

7 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Yeah, well, if you're leaving soon you don't have much to lose. Even if, for some reason, things go wrong, you'll have a big safety net of sorts, in the form of, well, leaving the country/city. Give it a shot

As for actually asking, welllll.....I would just ask outright, but I don't really have social media - or a phone - so I wouldn't really know in that situation. Also, different people and cultures interpret things in different ways, so do what you think she would take best, not necessarily what would make you more comfortable. Or just find something in between.

18 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Hey, is there a chance I could get your snapchat?"

It was kind of awkward at the start, but I got it and I’m added.

16 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Go munlander go!

Thanks! I’m added now

10 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Give it a shot

It payed off

• 2 weeks later...

So, a really good friend of mine said she talks behind other peoples back. A bunch of her friends were talking about a girl in there grade and she said "I don't understand how someone can be that ugly". I...I hoped my friend was messing with me. my friend says she does stuff like that daily too. She also has a boyfriend of over a year.

On 7/12/2018 at 7:16 AM, munlander1 said:

So, a really good friend of mine said she talks behind other peoples back. A bunch of her friends were talking about a girl in there grade and she said "I don't understand how someone can be that ugly". I...I hoped my friend was messing with me. my friend says she does stuff like that daily too. She also has a boyfriend of over a year.

There's nothing wrong with talking about people behind their backs. In some ways, it shows tact.

The problem is when it's either slander or offensive, or just plain rude.

You might have misinterpreted the severity with which she said that, and she might have been joking, but I would suggest you bring it up sometime, just to be sure.

Edited by Earthlinger

Hello. Back again. 

Any high schoolers here, like me? My small town has to separate gendered schools, and our boys' school is a total minefield of morons who think girls are 'stupid' I'm the odd one out.

Any advice?

Edited by SiriusRocketry

9 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Hello. Back again. 

Any high schoolers here, like me? My small town has to separate gendered schools, and our boys' school is a total minefield of morons who think girls are 'stupid' I'm the odd one out.

Any advice?

Continue being you? It's something to be the odd one out, and another entirely to be a nice person :P

On 7/12/2018 at 1:16 AM, munlander1 said:

Pretty normal

On 7/16/2018 at 3:35 AM, Earthlinger said:

There's nothing wrong with talking about people behind their backs. In some ways, it shows tact.

2 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Pretty normal

Even though she says stuff like that DAILY?

I met 4 girls on my Berlin trip, i have their contacts, but im probably never going to see them again, neither do i love them so much that they cross the just a friend line. They look pretty, but don't all girls look pretty :wub:?

Im not the only one though, 3 of my friends are in the same chat-group as the 4 girls, yet only 1 of the girls seems to be interested and actually talks to us, and even then, most at the time its my 3 friends spouting nonsense and posting dumb memes. I don't have a problem with it though.

Edited by NSEP

1 hour ago, Aperture Science said:

You don't interact much, do you?

Um, you're in the Help With Relationships Thread of the KSP forums

Do you really expect us to be the most social people? I mean, most of us here are highly-educated, but the science of gurls is still highly mystifying

Spoiler

*girls

Edited by Earthlinger

On 7/19/2018 at 9:44 AM, Earthlinger said:

Um, you're in the Help With Relationships Thread of the KSP forums

Do you really expect us to be the most social people? I mean, most of us here are highly-educated, but the science of gurls is still highly mystifying

Reveal hidden contents

*girls

That's by design. As soon as anyone starts to understand how females tick, the OS updates itself and the rules change. Actually understanding them is against the rules of the universe and must not be allowed to happen.

The only time comprehension is possible  is when the male is too old to do anything with it. But any attempt to transmit such wisdom to younger men is inevitably garbled. 

3 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Actually understanding them is against the rules of the universe and must not be allowed to happen.

You tell me. Last time a species from this planet managed to understand women, the Universe threw a Meteor on us.

11 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

That's by design. As soon as anyone starts to understand how females tick, the OS updates itself and the rules change. Actually understanding them is against the rules of the universe and must not be allowed to happen.

The only time comprehension is possible  is when the male is too old to do anything with it. But any attempt to transmit such wisdom to younger men is inevitably garbled. 

I feel like this goes both ways.

Men don't understand women. Women don't understand men. 

Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.